Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **PUBLIC ALERT** Change with process of "mining" BTC or it WILL fail.  (Read 6506 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:28:52 AM

As I stated, learn to read, and please do learn how to interact with an individual, instead of acting like a complete cult hugging nut.

I'm trying my hardest man. You just keep on insulting me and offer nothing of substance. I really don't know why I'm even talking to you at this point.

Apparently one of us is insane.

I concede, it's me!

Not insane just brainwashed. There is nothing to fix with bitcoin because there is nothing wrong with it is there? Bitcoin will continue to consolidate because its not a problem according to some.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:40:32 AM

I seriously thought this guy was finally done..  Roll Eyes Tongue

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:42:44 AM

As I stated, learn to read, and please do learn how to interact with an individual, instead of acting like a complete cult hugging nut.

I'm trying my hardest man. You just keep on insulting me and offer nothing of substance. I really don't know why I'm even talking to you at this point.

Apparently one of us is insane.

I concede, it's me!

Not insane just brainwashed. There is nothing to fix with bitcoin because there is nothing wrong with it is there? Bitcoin will continue to consolidate because its not a problem according to some.

I'm brainwashed? By whom? It it because I need something more than random (many times repeated) accusations on the internet to believe something is true?

Did you read about economic majority and how it applies to Bitcoin?

Your a retard, I hope you lose your ass, you deserve it. I will be here to laugh at you while you sink with this ship.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:43:39 AM

He is never done, like any good zealot
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:45:32 AM

Your a retard, I hope you lose your ass, you deserve it. I will be here to laugh at you while you sink with this ship.

And I'm the angry guy in this thread...

Not angry, just enjoy watching zealots eat humble pie.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:49:17 AM

I'm here because I value the properties of Bitcoin. It's a Bitcoin forum, for fuck's sake. Why are you here? And I'm the zealot? I actually value the thing we are discussing. You are simply here to deride it!

Currency has no value it represents value.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:49:46 AM

Worse case of denial, I love Bitcoin but it is guys like this that give it a bad name.

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:50:34 AM

You want me to suffer because I value something? I'm not asking you to value it. What is your problem?

I dont like watching zealots defraud liberty lovers. You and your kind are redistributing funds from freedom lovers to yourself and KNC
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:53:32 AM

I'm here because I value the properties of Bitcoin. It's a Bitcoin forum, for fuck's sake. Why are you here? And I'm the zealot? I actually value the thing we are discussing. You are simply here to deride it!

I value the properties of Bitcoin. You can't tell me that I don't.

You are right individuals are allowed to value anything they want no matter how pointless it is. 
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:57:43 AM

Holliday we get it already, you are an insane hypocrite who needs to take his meds right away.

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:57:56 AM

You want me to suffer because I value something? I'm not asking you to value it. What is your problem?

I dont like watching zealots defraud liberty lovers. You and your kind are redistributing funds from freedom lovers to yourself and KNC

I don't want anything that belongs to you. I don't want you to own bitcoins. I don't recommend that you do own or value bitcoins.

I don't know how you can possibly make these accusations.

Your only in it for you so I dont expect you to get it.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:00:18 AM

I value the properties of Bitcoin. You can't tell me that I don't.

You are right individuals are allowed to value anything they want no matter how pointless it is. 

Yes, and for some reason you want me to suffer because of it. I wish no ill will upon you. It freaks me out that you would wish me harm when you only know what I present to you on an internet forum.

What I know is you support a concept that benefits you at the expense of others.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:02:43 AM

I say we start trusting those who have a reputation of doing what they say. I am willing to trust you a lot more than KNC, but trust is liquid and changes with circumstance. That is why we need a decentralized reputation keeper. I will run a node at a cost to me. Will you?

The thing about trust is that you can build it until you've reached your goal. See pirateat40. He did what he said until he didn't. History is littered with examples. I just chose one that might hit closer to home for some here.

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion  

Government issued mining hardware, everyone must own one and get it replaced every year or as needed?

Tax is the power it uses.

sHitler gave the Austrians radios.

oBomBa gave the Yanks cell phones.

Do you see where this is going ?

That wouldn't be the same, it is more like requiring everyone to obtain an ID card, everyone needs to obtain free mining hardware (replaced and updated as needed) they simply plug into a wall to help support stability and trust in the system.

What you are implying is EXACTLY the same. Sorry to burst your $1000 BTC bubble but, the world will not accept /adopt cryptos unless it is forced upon them.

The bankster warpigs flattened Libya so as to set an example of what would happen, to the other countries involved, if they did not abandon gold backed African Dinar. What will they do to your precious computer data.. I mean crypto currency.. if someone ever decides to back it with anything but computer data/ the blockchain ?

A gentleman's bet says you haven't the faintest clue as to why the parasite banksters biggest fear is a gold/silver/barter based economy.

HINTs:
Both paper and data are easily burnt (pun intended) and/or manipulated.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:04:06 AM

Until we evolve into a hive mind, that's how things are going to have to work. I'm in it because I value my freedom, you are damn right.

Pea brain. If you are free and your children are enslaved what good is it? Altruism is a selfish act.  In other words what good is my freedom if my brother is enslaved?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:13:39 AM

Until we evolve into a hive mind, that's how things are going to have to work. I'm in it because I value my freedom, you are damn right.

Pea brain. If you are free and your children are enslaved what good is it? Altruism is a selfish act.  In other words what good is my freedom if my brother is enslaved?

Did you think that I would value my freedom above that of my children? Stop assuming things about me. My children will have every ounce of knowledge that I've acquired, plus their youth with which to use it.

I can't force you to choose correctly, nor would I presume to do so. Apparently you think you know what is best for not only me, but my children, and the rest of humanity.

Cant see the forest for the trees.
blackbird307

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:27:44 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 06:54:38 AM by blackbird307

You can actually use bitcoin or you can invest in it just hoping it will go up, and panic when it doesn't. Your loss....

While I agree ASICs prevent sustainable growth because of science and limitations in human technology.... Even so, the network will still survive.

Let's think about all the things wrong with your argument.

Why would it be bad to have huge mining companies:
 1. They could decide to stop mining
 2. 51% Attack
 3. HuhHuhHuh
 4. Profit.

Reasons why a company would do that?
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
What just happened here?

What is the point of this thread?
WHY does this all sound familiar?

Edit: Hmmmmm still thinking  Huh

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:55:27 AM

But POS coins are getting every day more decentralized and strong contrary to bitcoin.
You see the trend here?

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 08:39:38 AM

Back when BTC was truly decentralized -- everyday users mining on any old PC -- this was a great selling point to get people on board with this type of currency. Everyone that had Bitcoin on the network was help keeping this going, but nope -- with the current METHOD used for mining has only one future, and that is eventually ending up with a few huge mining companies.

While the idea that at least several companies around the world would be mining/maintaining the network sounds okay, I still think that is very bad for Bitcoin, but that is exactly where the future for us is headed. You even have the hardware companies deciding they rather mine instead of sell to individuals.  Something needs to be changed to give THE PEOPLE back power, which was the whole point of Bitcoin.. At this point every single day Bitcoin becomes less and less for the people..

-Sqw33sh

I see a merge mined alt currency filling this void in the future.  

While bitcoin remains difficult for the average user just reading about it with their PC and no fancy specialized equipment.  That is why I back and fund Huntercoin projects.  Because it is merge mined both SHA-256 & SCRYPT, so it still keeps mining power/loyalty "in the network."

Giving every day people the ability to mine with just a PC and a internet connection is going to be a important factor in the future.

I just don't know if people are willing to "work" to mine or if they just want to point a miner n jerk off till coins roll in.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
e4xit

Activity: 302

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:39:32 AM

Pea brain. If you are free and your children are enslaved what good is it? Altruism is a selfish act.  In other words what good is my freedom if my brother is enslaved?

Did you think that I would value my freedom above that of my children? Stop assuming things about me. My children will have every ounce of knowledge that I've acquired, plus their youth with which to use it.

I can't force you to choose correctly, nor would I presume to do so. Apparently you think you know what is best for not only me, but my children, and the rest of humanity.

Cant see the forest for the trees.

Perhaps. I've never claimed to have the answers for the forest nor for the trees. I only claim to do what I think is best for me and those around me. I will continue to use Bitcoin as a censorship-proof asset until (if) something better comes along. When I see threads devoted to deriding Bitcoin for the same old tired reasons, I will continue to question them and ask for a viable alternative, otherwise, what is the point?

I am genuinely quite impressed with your patience towards these chaps Holliday.

I can never understand why these kinds of people, who obviously dislike bitcoin and those who use/work with it and would like to see it fail, for some reason which only they can understand, hang out online in bitcoin forums; it truly boggles my mind.

If they were here to point out issues with the protocol because they wanted to help fix them or ask the community for help then I could understand, but to just spout nonsense about guaranteed failure, well, I certainly do not do such things in places I can choose to freely not participate in. What a waste of time & energy.

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Hiraga

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:03:03 AM

Back when BTC was truly decentralized --

BTC now is a whole lot more decentralized than in the early days when miners could grab thousands of bitcoins the easy way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: