Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CrazyLoaf's HyperStake (HYP) Project Idea/Sharing Thread  (Read 2799 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:25:39 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 03:35:32 PM by CrazyLoaf

Alright, welcome to the HYP factory ground floor! Wink

I'd like to get a little more organized for the benefit of HYPsters worldwide when it comes to pushing forward a few projects. I've gathered some ideas I posted before below. Also, feel free to bring your own ideas to the thread. I'd like this to be a place for communication of ideas/projects to take place and for collaboration to occur.

Now, onward and upward!
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:29:43 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 03:38:15 AM by CrazyLoaf

HyperStake Social Systems & Such (HYPS3, Codename: Social)

HYP is perfectly geared to become the social currency of choice. DOGE is the only real currency that has made inroads in this area, while Reddcoin (RDD), Pandacoin (PND), and Monacoin (MONA) are also competing within the space.

RDD and PND don't seem to have much activity on the social side. RDD has more technical feats in its coin, PND seems to be more newbie friendly (check out it's site at http://pandacoinpnd.org/, some interesting things here, such as browser based "mining"), and MONA seems mildly popular in Japan (there was a news story of someone even buying real land with MONA here: http://www.coindesk.com/why-japan-fell-love-monacoin-cat-meme-cryptocurrency/).

Use as a social currency can be a big driver in grassroots marketing. Check some numbers here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/27c7tm/average_bitcoiner_tips_116_times_more_than_an/
http://www.coindesk.com/dogetipbot-turned-spoof-altcoin-tipping-phenomenon/

We were lucky (or Presstab and Mr. Latapie had great foresight) in the name HYP. In the same way you can +1, upvote, tip, etc., here you can "HYP It Up" and "get tHYPsy."

Additionally, by HYP's very setup, there is a lot of value there. For example, when you tip or donate DOGE, it's gone, never to return. However, with HYP and it's hyper PoS rate, there is a real sense of quick, decent staking, meaning that coins begot coins, or at least increase the liquidity of your own holdings, meaning there is a real sense of quick, rapid growth, and a subsequent increase in generosity.

Beyond just Reddit, we could have social media bots/tippers on places like Twitter, Imgur, Steam, Facebook, etc. The number of places expands even more once you take into account foreign versions of these sites as well as foreign competitor sites that have more traffic in certain regions than their domestic counterparts (say Twitter vs Weibo in China).

A good place to start technology wise could be here:

https://github.com/vindimy/altcointip
https://github.com/mohland/dogetipbot

NEEDS:

- Tipbot(s) developer(s) and managers
- Social media site promoters/community leaders
- Idea of what social media sites are popular in which countries, regions, and/or languages and if it is possible to develop tipbots on their platforms like we can on Reddit
- Fun memes and marketing ideas for said channels
- Possibly specialized HyperStake wallet themes (like HyperDoge, HyperMona, HyperKomodo - for Indonesia users - etc.)
- Memes/promotion/ideas for popular subreddits; check out sloth (HyperSloth) and pandas (HyperPanda) perhaps
- Tipbot/bounty funders
- Charity/donation managers/promoters
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:26:52 AM

Reminder of the three-pronged strategy, dixit CrazyLoad:

(1) Social/tipping/sharing asset -Reddit tipbots and the like
(2) Gaming asset - either marketed as a way to save a certain principal to then later gamble with the stake, or within games/gambling itself
(3) Foreign exchange asset - target Bter, Btc38, Btc-e, etc.; localization of marketing in foreign countries

Reminder of how to succeed in an enterprise, dixit me:

(1) Gather a team
(2) Focus on what really matters
(3) Keep on going

Now CrazyLoaf needs a team. Who wants in?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:40:48 AM

I do. I already sent you a PM David, but I'll post this here too Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:36:37 AM

I do. I already sent you a PM David, but I'll post this here too Smiley

Cool. What would you like to do? I'm going to be posting more ideas/projects in a while.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

Full credit to David Latapie for this nice summary of some potential projects:

The goal is to act on several grounds at the same time. 1+1=3 acting on one renforces the other.

Below a summary
(1) Social/tipping/sharing asset -Reddit tipbots and the like - HyperStake Reddit Reconnaissance & Research (HYPR3)
(2) Gaming asset - either marketed as a way to save a certain principal to then later gamble with the stake, or within games/gambling itself - HyperStake Gaming & Gambling Group (HYPG3)
(3) Foreign exchange asset - target Bter, Btc38, Btc-e, etc.; localization of marketing in foreign countries

Longer description and statement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg9100014#msg9100014

As well as an extra one, which seems to be an alternative/complement to HYPR3 HYPS 3 Social

If I may risk a summary (CrazyLoaf will correct me if I'm wrong), this is how it goes
1. Tipping. HYP as the new Doge to take over the tipping ground.
  Catchy sentences: "Feeling tHYPsy?" And for a tip link, this one's by CrazyLoaf is perfect: "HYP It."
  Goal: list potential targets (reddit, imgur...) then figure out how to installa HYP tipping app here. Communication-wise, NOT bashing DOGE (bashing is not fun and we want to keep the fun aspect), just be "funnier", more cool

2. Gaming. Infiltrate online game as a currency. Some legal consideration must be taken care of, like HYP cannot be exchanged directly for fiat in game - but this normally is the game company's job to take care of this, not us. Also, take advantage of the fact that, handled properly (i.e., not gambling your principal, only your stake, read Endowment), you can "refill" your account every ten days (especially if you use HyperPool, but don't advertise this part at the beginning, only once people are comfortable and HyperPool is more automated, lest you will lose people). Gambling is much more fun when you know you can play again next week without fear of going broke. Again. fun. Panem et circenses[/i] (bread and (circus) games). We offer both.
Ultimately, a HYP-based game could be considered, but that would be once you are comfortable with the rest.

3. Exchanges. This one is a given Smiley You can extend the template letters I proposed (and extend the marketing pack, also)

Crazy also proposed "HyperStake Meme Machine & Management (HYPM3)" about memes and mascot. This is more marketing. Hippos (hippos) getting fat with staking (example logos for a French restaurant franchise), HyperKomodo for Indonesia, Hyppi the tardi to show resilience... Like the other, this is meant to be researched in parallel.

Don't fall in the trap of willing to do everything! Find other people interesting and dispatch the task. The most important thing is that the person is motivated to do it - whatever it is. If you get 4 persons and all of them want to work in tipping, don't force one or two to work on other things - just look for more people Smiley
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:49:02 PM

Few comments.

I'm just trying to be "cute" with the names, but with the Reddit vs Social projects, I just want to make it more clear to everyone that we should be targeting not just Reddit, but other sites as well. I think I originally went with that naming convention so that it would sound like "hyper," i.e., HYPR. Main thing is spread everywhere Cheesy

Also, I like the bread + circuses idea. Very clever, though a bit high-brow Wink Our bread is actually self-replicating to a degree, as are our circuses, so this is an even cuter idea.
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:01:52 PM

Few comments.

I'm just trying to be "cute" with the names, but with the Reddit vs Social projects, I just want to make it more clear to everyone that we should be targeting not just Reddit, but other sites as well. I think I originally went with that naming convention so that it would sound like "hyper," i.e., HYPR. Main thing is spread everywhere Cheesy

Also, I like the bread + circuses idea. Very clever, though a bit high-brow Wink Our bread is actually self-replicating to a degree, as are our circuses, so this is an even cuter idea.

Nah.
Bread is a good idea. If I leave a sandwich in my lunchbox long enough it also starts to grow  Tongue

Jokes aside... Good luck with this guys. You already have a nice team and I hope it grows with the right people.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:06:06 PM

Just going to repost this here. Would rather get started on something rather than re-writing it, since I think even my brief summaries at least are enough to get people thinking about the possibilities, which was my goal anyway Smiley

I think I've mentioned the first one before, but I just want to throw out some ideas since I think HYP can *really* go places Grin Looking forward to people implementing/improving on what's below and coming up with their own ideas. Let's go TO THE MOON Shocked

HyperStake Reddit Reconnaissance & Research (HYPR3)

In short, the tipping coin of choice, DOGE, just isn't fun anymore. I mentioned the whole Moolah sucking out all the fun and Jackson Palmer (DOGE creator) being chased out before. I think this is a good opportunity for HYP to take over Wink

Mr. Latapie already gave us some good "tipping" alternatives, like "Get tHYPsy." We could also do things like "HYP It."

A certain amount of the DOGE community wanted it to move to PoS before anyway. Additionally, in the same way that DOGE was the first crypto to a lot of people, I think HYP can be the first crypto AND PoS coin to a lot of people. MINT did really well getting Reddit types to invest in it for the PoS angle. HYP is more "fun" to hold, can operate in large numbers, and better models the value of good content and ideas continually paying dividends.

HyperStake Gaming & Gambling Group (HYPG3)

HYPER is a high-ish PoS coin (60% I think per year) trying to be a gaming currency. The main problem with their model imo is that they are doing things like trying to *make* MMORPGs, when in reality, the better thing would be to try to be the gaming and microtransaction currency for *current* web based games. Early on in HYPER, people were talking about it being the Runescape and Japanese web RPG microtransaction crypto of choice. Now, THAT is interesting. I don't think anyone is really trying to attack this angle, and I think HYP could make good inroads into this niche.

People like to gamble and play games, but it's a shame that when they end up losing, the fun is over. If you play on SealsWithClubs with BTC and lose, that's it. However, a high PoS coin lends itself to creating specific principal "foundations" or "endowments" to fund particular things. Say someone wants to spend $100 a week gaming. Well, they can setup an address in their wallet specifically for this purpose and use "HyperSend" to automatically send a portion of their stake to their gaming site of choice to play with.

A pure HYP based gaming site would be really interesting to see. The stake could make it where they could quickly run profit positive and also where they don't have to immediately dump site earnings to profit.

HyperStake Meme Machine & Management (HYPM3)

Doge started with a meme. Maybe we need to find memes and attach ourselves, and our coins, to them Wink

Presstab mentioned #hiPoS as a potential name for the high PoS coin IRC I'd like to have for other coins. That gave me the idea of possible having hippos as a mascot Tongue We get fat off our PoS Grin Anything to make HYP fun and viral is the way to go. The fact that the coin can have a serious and fun side lends itself to fulfilling a lot of investment niches while pure meme coins, like DOGE, can only fulfill one.

Consider something like sloths too. The Sloth Reddit channel has almost as many users as Doge does. HYP's PoS, or "Proof of Sloth" AKA waiting, makes that a pretty good connection in that waiting allows people to reap rewards.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:18:06 PM

Some off the cuff needs/projects:

Wallet themes/memes
- HyperPanda
- HyperBaked - to play on the recent "potcoin" trend
- HyperSteak/ed - cause who doesn't love meat
- HyperBacon - is bacon even a meme anymore?
- HyperDoge - PoS = Proof of Such
- HyperShibe - PoS = Proof of Sharing, probably interchangeable with HyperDoge
- HyperMona - use that same meme Grin
- HyperKomodo, and other localized wallet themes/memes
- HyperSloth - PoS = Proof of Sloth, waiting, being lazy

Could probably think of some more stuff Tongue

Need developer(s) for tipbot/HYPbot integration projects, as well as continuing management.

Community manager(s) for certain HYPbots/sites, since maybe the developer(s) don't want to manage this as well.

Promoters who would actually use the HYPbots to tip/share, i.e., HYP evangelists.

Designers for wallet themes, shareable/viral material, promotional materials, etc.

People skilled in multiple languages for localization of HYP materials in foreign markets.

Etc. Tongue
eatthetree3

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:20:44 PM

I am the reddit mod. Although I don't have much coding experience I am going to be working hard to get the sub reddit up and going and strong. I have a few ideas which I will post shortly.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:28:09 PM

I am the reddit mod. Although I don't have much coding experience I am going to be working hard to get the sub reddit up and going and strong. I have a few ideas which I will post shortly.

Awesome Smiley The idea is to just get more project info out there and people collaborating. Maybe I should call this a project idea/collaboration thread since I have no ability to actually be a project manager or like 50+ different things Tongue
eatthetree3

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:07:59 PM

Yes I understand. The more ideas we have the better we become. I'd keep the name of project management it sounds cool and makes you sound powerful lol Smiley
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:11:50 PM

Let me know if you have any small tasks you need help with.  I don't have a ton of time on my hands but I can set aside a minute or two here and there.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 12:13:11 AM

I am glad to see eatthetree3 and locohammerhead here Smiley Crazyloaf, I see you as the cheerleader (but not like thundertoe!), empowering other, encouraging them to focus, get motivated, keeping on going...

eatthetree3, I anticipate to see your work Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:14:54 AM

I am glad to see eatthetree3 and locohammerhead here Smiley Crazyloaf, I see you as the cheerleader (but not like thundertoe!), empowering other, encouraging them to focus, get motivated, keeping on going...

Just need to get some things cracking now Wink
eatthetree3

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:42:00 AM

I'm currently working on a tip not for reddit Smiley I also am going to get some giveaways going also. As well as updating the reddit site and brining it up to scartch with the side bar etc. Will update soon Smiley
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:46:32 AM

As some may or may not know, im from Spain.

It will be cool to develope the only skins that matter for this 40 million sheeps, um sorry, i meant citizens: a Real Madrid Wallet and a FCBarcelona wallet.
I know that some might raise brand property concerns, but taking in account that we are not selling anything, and the skin is free, i view it as a fan "mod". Maybe some expert on this legal mumbles can enlighten us more.

Some fans will download the wallet because of those mods. Besides, lots of people in Asia, Latin America and Africa are also wild supporters of this teams.

Also, if David or Presstab want to, i will be more than happy to help on localization into Spanish. If any of you two are reading this, just hit me a PM with the all the lines in excel or some google doc or whatever the format (im not a coder so anything gitthub sounds like martian to me, sorry) And i will be more than HYPpy to help.  Grin

This space is for lease, apparently.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:32:05 PM

As some may or may not know, im from Spain.

It will be cool to develope the only skins that matter for this 40 million sheeps, um sorry, i meant citizens: a Real Madrid Wallet and a FCBarcelona wallet.
I know that some might raise brand property concerns, but taking in account that we are not selling anything, and the skin is free, i view it as a fan "mod". Maybe some expert on this legal mumbles can enlighten us more.

Some fans will download the wallet because of those mods. Besides, lots of people in Asia, Latin America and Africa are also wild supporters of this teams.

Also, if David or Presstab want to, i will be more than happy to help on localization into Spanish. If any of you two are reading this, just hit me a PM with the all the lines in excel or some google doc or whatever the format (im not a coder so anything gitthub sounds like martian to me, sorry) And i will be more than HYPpy to help.  Grin

All this sounds really awesome Shocked
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:43:06 AM

Another idea..  it could be used as a currency for people who are hyper - or have some form of A.D.D.  and they are also against vampires..
so staking could be like them killing the vampires and would help cure their a.d.d. because their "hyperness" would be projected into the coin..
or something hehe
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: