Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to see trees through the forest  (Read 1409 times)
Beachcomber (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:18:21 PM

I have a problem for you.

I have 5.000€ I'd like to invest (About 7.500$).
Invest in Mining, that is. Since I'm new to the business, I don't wanna spend more at this time. I'm not interested to make millions, but I don't want to operate at a loss.

I endorse BTC and I want to support it as much as I can. And of course, make money.
As with all of my investments, I aim for a ROI of 4-6%. Is that realistic?

To make things clearer: I own a company that already uses a lot of electricity (a true shitload - servers, machinery, ..., the whole shabang). Which means I don't care about the power consumption. I'd like to have a ASIC unit somewhere on the compound and have it run 24/24. The power bill will go down with the rest.

What are my best options? Preferably a stand-alone unit I can run without worrying too much. As said, It's not meant to be my main source of income.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge! It is kindly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:58:09 PM

Server grade and the best:
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp35-yukon-power-november-batch-1
If you buy new it will never be roi positive, but there is no roi positive new hardware atm!
Myself would look for second hand  sp10 or sp30 Smiley
Beachcomber (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

You know what,

I've been reading all day now and I think I'll steer clear of this mess.

The entire operation seems to have been taken over by scammers. At the current outlook, I cannot make any projection for any positive return on my -albeit meager- investment.

I'll put my money in something else.

If you want my two cents: BTC is destined to go down the drain, because it both attracts believers and scammers. Usually, the latter win...
It's sad, because it has promise. I truly regret this.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:28:51 PM

You know what,

The entire operation seems to have been taken over by scammers. At the current outlook, I cannot make any projection for any positive return on my -albeit meager- investment.

If you want my two cents: BTC is destined to go down the drain, because it both attracts believers and scammers. Usually, the latter win...

You just have to realize BTC cannot be taken back once sent.  As far as spending keep that in mind when buying something.  If BTC would die it could not be from solo actions of scammers.

Depending on electricity price, you can still roi.  It is not as easy as it was. With BTC's low price you are looking at a harder time to invest in mining.  Buying direct is a good lucking option.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:56:23 PM

You know what,

Holy shit.  Finally someone figured out the brutal reality of mining on their own instead of the countless noobs still buying HW or getting into cloud hashing.  Guy, you deserve an award or something, idk... shit. Seriously.

As for Bitcoin going down the drain, I'm in the believer category, but you forgot the one group that may actually drive this thing into the ground... the greedy ones.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:38:26 PM

You know what,

Holy shit.  Finally someone figured out the brutal reality of mining on their own instead of the countless noobs still buying HW or getting into cloud hashing.  Guy, you deserve an award or something, idk... shit. Seriously.

As for Bitcoin going down the drain, I'm in the believer category, but you forgot the one group that may actually drive this thing into the ground... the greedy ones.

You can't have one without other.  If there are no miners there is no network.  Yes there are commercial, and then there hobby miners.  But I don't think you can categorize all hobby miners in a group of "countless noobs".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: