Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:08:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ShadowCash SDC Don't Miss The Huge Historical Event  (Read 4077 times)
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:09:53 AM

Btw Shadow devs invented Stealthaddresses added by mostly every anon coin to date.

I'm not going to argue about the dramatic bullshit, but the above statement made by OP is clearly false, unless Peter Todd and/or the bytecoin developers are working on shadowcash, which I'm pretty sure is not the case.

Here's a link to an article from January crediting Peter Todd for bringing the concept to bitcoin: http://www.coindesk.com/stealth-addresses-secret-bitcoin-privacy/

Also, bytecoin used stealth addresses in conjunction with ring signatures since late last year (2013) in a non-bitcoin clone, or two years before that if you believe the hype.

Vertcoin was the first altcoin to implement stealth addresses in the core qt-wallet of any altcoin based on the btc codebase, before shadowcoin existed, and execoin also implemented them in an electrum based wallet I think before shadowcash existed.

So who invented stealth addresses on the shadowcash team and when? Huh

Shadow did not invent Stealth Addresses. No where did the SDC dev team claimed to have done so. Vertcoin's stealth addresses were closed source.

Shadow did implement the first in-protocol dual key stealth addresses. In fact you can use it in the daemon cmd "sendtostealthaddress" you don't need a QT. The influx of coins with Stealth Addresses is a direct result of Shadow open sourcing it and has nothing to do with Vertcoin.

This thread is to highlight a major advancement in cryptocurrency (zero knowledge) not mindless bash the efforts made at Shadow. But hey this is Bitcointalk and people could care less about advancements and more about trolling.

I quoted the OP who said "Btw Shadow devs invented Stealthaddresses..."

Here's a more detailed deconstruction of your bullshit from reddit than I can provide (that you guys failed to give any sort of technical response to):
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2k6yu4/shadowcash_introduces_shadowsend_v2_featuring/clinbzk

I did. And you are correct, Monero is not zero-knowledge. But I contend that the shadow developers (probably) do not actually have any zero-knowledge technology.

I have some purely a priori logical reasoning, and I also have some experience from the field of mathematics under my belt to support my conjecture. First: if ring signatures work the way everyone in the mathematical community thinks they should, then why bother implementing zero-knowledge proofs? Easy answer: ring sigs aren't zero-knowledge, and are simply highly resistant to blockchain analysis, not immune to blockchain analysis. ZK would still be better to use, after all, even if ring sig technology works the way it's supposed to, unless the costs/constraints to using ZK tech overwhelms the benefits.

Second: if they have ZK technology that actually works, with more advantages than disadvantages, why bother implementing ring sigs? Ring sigs are huge compared to normal digital signatures, complicated in terms of implementation as a developer, and cause a big UTXO-set bloat. If you have ZK tech, ring sigs are not just a waste of time and money to implement, it's a waste of space on the network.

Ok, so maybe these developers are using a Zerocash-style[1] system in which the basecoins are ring-signature based (already obfuscating the block chain). What happens? Size and speed of the protocol explode and all of a sudden we have a massive blockchain and a super slow network. Conclusion: Shadow doesn't have ZK tech under their belt, they are simply going to implement ring sigs and walk away while chuckling.

So, that's my a priori reasoning. Here's the experience from mathematics that supports my conjecture: ZK tech is the holy grail of cryptocurrency, Zerocash[2] is pretty much the only place you'll find a decent protocol. And, as I said, in Zerocash, you still have two types of currency, the basecoin and the zerocoin; if the basecoin choice is a ring-sig based coin, Zerocash is going to blow up in size and speed to the point where it's no longer useful. Anyone trying to sell ZK to you right now is probably scamming you because efficient, secure algorithms that work in a robust, general setting do not yet really exist. But I could be wrong, I could be not-so-up-to-date on non-interactive zero-knowledge algorithms. So let's pretend I'm wrong about their suitability: we still shouldn't be using ZK tech in coins, not yet.

Non-interactive ZK cryptography is currently in very young stages of the technology. The first time any sort of generality was proven to be POSSIBLE was only 2006[3] . So even if these developers have discovered some brand new math research (later than 2011[4] for example), something that is much more efficient and powerful than current technology? All that means they are still using brand-new cryptography. And that's a huge no-no if you actually want to secure your shit. Tech that's been around for 20 years like ring signatures? It's stood the test of time, it's been given a few decades for people to look for avenues of attack. On the other hand, if you pull a random paper out from The Journal of Cryptography published some time in the last year and implement it, you could have every mathematician in the world read that paper, come to the conclusion that the tech is tight and cool. And then the next week some 17 year old in their basement could crack it. Something that's been around for decades has withstood and passed that test of time. ZK proofs sound all fancy and nice, but in reality, they could be no more secure than any system upon which they are built.

Finally: let's just presume for a moment that these folks are brilliant developers who have a great zerocash-style scheme going on, or maybe even some other version of NIZK proofs that are distinct from zerocash and magically small and fast (remember, you get what you pay for in terms of size and speed when you are talking anonymity; there is a tradeoff). These brilliant folks? They are setting their network up to be secured with proof-of-stake. No amount of ZK or ring sig technology can save the coin if you can rewrite the blockchain, and proof-of-stake is mathematically insecure[5] (that link sometimes doesn't work, so just google "Andrew Poelstra Proof of Stake" the paper is a few years old but is very very good).

Look, spend your money where you want. But if you put money into ZK technology now, you are giving your money to a complete genius, a liar, or a fool. Usually fools can't make cryptocurrencies and afaik no one has really made NIZK proofs feasible for currencies yet, so these people are scamming you. Shadow is likely just another pump-n-dump. ZK tech may become feasible in a year or a decade, but the state of technology as-is? ZK is not feasible for currency transactions because it's slow and big and new.

The proof is in the pudding, bro: they won't make available any technical papers describing what zero-knowledge proofs they are actually implementing. I have a zero-knowledge rock here on my desk, it'll do everything they describe in that article, and I, also, refuse to explain how this rock works. Send me money, too, and write articles about me!

Full conclusion: either these folks are just duplicating a ring-sig based protocol like Monero's cryptonote and calling it zero-knowledge to start a pump-n-dump, or these folks are smarter than all the other developers in the world.

If a Shadow developer wants to hop on here and chat about what they are actually implementing, I'd love to hear it, ask questions, and get to the root of this. All I would like to see is 1) an explanation of why doubling up on anonymity with both ring sigs and with NIZK proofs is a good idea and 2) a few technical papers describing how they are doing what they are doing. That would undermine a huge amount of my above argument, possibly all of it except the PoS stuff.

TLDR: non-interactive zero-knowledge technology is too young of a technology to be feasible in a cryptocurrency schemes, and anyone trying to tell you different is probably scamming you.

I am a firm believe that Zero Knowledge will never exist, or if it does release, it wont actually be true Zero Knowledge.  Its already been delayed, and it will get delayed again. Why do you think all these SDC trolls are out and about fudding all the other coins, because there is no progress being done with their coin so to consume their leisure time, they choose to blow up other communities. Stay away from SDC and their scumbag community

Delayed? how? I don't remember anyone giving a firm date.. This is cutting edge tech here. There is no date it needs to be done by. It was not a contracted job paid by you so all you are doing is bringing up something immaterial to attack the projects integrity with..what a fool!

I don't need you to believe its happening i need you to wake up and stop throwing the same old shit everyone else does at this project! Because all i see is a bunch of fools trying to bash a coin thats not trying to get you to buy it but not saying anything on the coin forums that are blatant scams!

september was supprosed to be the initial release. It is now November basically.... That is delayed

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrangLee

Activity: 210

Living the dream

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:17:00 AM

SDC is run by a few major bagholders who will kill the coin on the first opportunity they get after a pump. Why would anyone invest in this, unless they actually wanted to lose their money?
Thats not even remotely accurate. sdc is run by a mature, patient community who do not waver to such drama and rubbish like you are projecting. The truth always and i mean ALWAYS comes out..have you seen this lately?
Just one of many revelations to surface soon you can bet on it! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0

It's very accurate. Trolls royce is a major "angel investor" the own 1.4 million coins and his friend Pookie owns more. Then there is you too. "i'm out I quite if it's in blockent" the cry baby who bag holds a fat bag too. Along with the dev almost 80% of the coin is controlled. Well If that isn't a pump and dump group. lol. The coin has no volume because these coins are not trading as they bulk are help by this guys. They would have to buy each others coin back and forth to make volume. They have test run this process a few times and got called for the manipulation. On top of all this the will buy a competitors coin on the low price and then dump all at once to crash it even at a loss and also send in alts and trolls to fud the coin at that moment to make it look like the fud is real. Everyone who reads these forums regularly know that these guys do this.

Has ShadowCoin/Cash/whatever its called now figured out the massive blaot and stall that comes with zerocoin (zk-snarks)? There is a reason the Zerocoin/cash team still hasnt released a working coin.

LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

Btw Shadow devs invented Stealthaddresses added by mostly every anon coin to date.

I'm not going to argue about the dramatic bullshit, but the above statement made by OP is clearly false, unless Peter Todd and/or the bytecoin developers are working on shadowcash, which I'm pretty sure is not the case.

Here's a link to an article from January crediting Peter Todd for bringing the concept to bitcoin: http://www.coindesk.com/stealth-addresses-secret-bitcoin-privacy/

Also, bytecoin used stealth addresses in conjunction with ring signatures since late last year (2013) in a non-bitcoin clone, or two years before that if you believe the hype.

Vertcoin was the first altcoin to implement stealth addresses in the core qt-wallet of any altcoin based on the btc codebase, before shadowcoin existed, and execoin also implemented them in an electrum based wallet I think before shadowcash existed.

So who invented stealth addresses on the shadowcash team and when? Huh

Shadow did not invent Stealth Addresses. No where did the SDC dev team claimed to have done so. Vertcoin's stealth addresses were closed source.

Shadow did implement the first in-protocol dual key stealth addresses. In fact you can use it in the daemon cmd "sendtostealthaddress" you don't need a QT. The influx of coins with Stealth Addresses is a direct result of Shadow open sourcing it and has nothing to do with Vertcoin.

This thread is to highlight a major advancement in cryptocurrency (zero knowledge) not mindless bash the efforts made at Shadow. But hey this is Bitcointalk and people could care less about advancements and more about trolling.

I quoted the OP who said "Btw Shadow devs invented Stealthaddresses..."

Here's a more detailed deconstruction of your bullshit from reddit than I can provide (that you guys failed to give any sort of technical response to):
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2k6yu4/shadowcash_introduces_shadowsend_v2_featuring/clinbzk

I did. And you are correct, Monero is not zero-knowledge. But I contend that the shadow developers (probably) do not actually have any zero-knowledge technology.

I have some purely a priori logical reasoning, and I also have some experience from the field of mathematics under my belt to support my conjecture. First: if ring signatures work the way everyone in the mathematical community thinks they should, then why bother implementing zero-knowledge proofs? Easy answer: ring sigs aren't zero-knowledge, and are simply highly resistant to blockchain analysis, not immune to blockchain analysis. ZK would still be better to use, after all, even if ring sig technology works the way it's supposed to, unless the costs/constraints to using ZK tech overwhelms the benefits.

Second: if they have ZK technology that actually works, with more advantages than disadvantages, why bother implementing ring sigs? Ring sigs are huge compared to normal digital signatures, complicated in terms of implementation as a developer, and cause a big UTXO-set bloat. If you have ZK tech, ring sigs are not just a waste of time and money to implement, it's a waste of space on the network.

Ok, so maybe these developers are using a Zerocash-style[1] system in which the basecoins are ring-signature based (already obfuscating the block chain). What happens? Size and speed of the protocol explode and all of a sudden we have a massive blockchain and a super slow network. Conclusion: Shadow doesn't have ZK tech under their belt, they are simply going to implement ring sigs and walk away while chuckling.

So, that's my a priori reasoning. Here's the experience from mathematics that supports my conjecture: ZK tech is the holy grail of cryptocurrency, Zerocash[2] is pretty much the only place you'll find a decent protocol. And, as I said, in Zerocash, you still have two types of currency, the basecoin and the zerocoin; if the basecoin choice is a ring-sig based coin, Zerocash is going to blow up in size and speed to the point where it's no longer useful. Anyone trying to sell ZK to you right now is probably scamming you because efficient, secure algorithms that work in a robust, general setting do not yet really exist. But I could be wrong, I could be not-so-up-to-date on non-interactive zero-knowledge algorithms. So let's pretend I'm wrong about their suitability: we still shouldn't be using ZK tech in coins, not yet.

Non-interactive ZK cryptography is currently in very young stages of the technology. The first time any sort of generality was proven to be POSSIBLE was only 2006[3] . So even if these developers have discovered some brand new math research (later than 2011[4] for example), something that is much more efficient and powerful than current technology? All that means they are still using brand-new cryptography. And that's a huge no-no if you actually want to secure your shit. Tech that's been around for 20 years like ring signatures? It's stood the test of time, it's been given a few decades for people to look for avenues of attack. On the other hand, if you pull a random paper out from The Journal of Cryptography published some time in the last year and implement it, you could have every mathematician in the world read that paper, come to the conclusion that the tech is tight and cool. And then the next week some 17 year old in their basement could crack it. Something that's been around for decades has withstood and passed that test of time. ZK proofs sound all fancy and nice, but in reality, they could be no more secure than any system upon which they are built.

Finally: let's just presume for a moment that these folks are brilliant developers who have a great zerocash-style scheme going on, or maybe even some other version of NIZK proofs that are distinct from zerocash and magically small and fast (remember, you get what you pay for in terms of size and speed when you are talking anonymity; there is a tradeoff). These brilliant folks? They are setting their network up to be secured with proof-of-stake. No amount of ZK or ring sig technology can save the coin if you can rewrite the blockchain, and proof-of-stake is mathematically insecure[5] (that link sometimes doesn't work, so just google "Andrew Poelstra Proof of Stake" the paper is a few years old but is very very good).

Look, spend your money where you want. But if you put money into ZK technology now, you are giving your money to a complete genius, a liar, or a fool. Usually fools can't make cryptocurrencies and afaik no one has really made NIZK proofs feasible for currencies yet, so these people are scamming you. Shadow is likely just another pump-n-dump. ZK tech may become feasible in a year or a decade, but the state of technology as-is? ZK is not feasible for currency transactions because it's slow and big and new.

The proof is in the pudding, bro: they won't make available any technical papers describing what zero-knowledge proofs they are actually implementing. I have a zero-knowledge rock here on my desk, it'll do everything they describe in that article, and I, also, refuse to explain how this rock works. Send me money, too, and write articles about me!

Full conclusion: either these folks are just duplicating a ring-sig based protocol like Monero's cryptonote and calling it zero-knowledge to start a pump-n-dump, or these folks are smarter than all the other developers in the world.

If a Shadow developer wants to hop on here and chat about what they are actually implementing, I'd love to hear it, ask questions, and get to the root of this. All I would like to see is 1) an explanation of why doubling up on anonymity with both ring sigs and with NIZK proofs is a good idea and 2) a few technical papers describing how they are doing what they are doing. That would undermine a huge amount of my above argument, possibly all of it except the PoS stuff.

TLDR: non-interactive zero-knowledge technology is too young of a technology to be feasible in a cryptocurrency schemes, and anyone trying to tell you different is probably scamming you.

I am a firm believe that Zero Knowledge will never exist, or if it does release, it wont actually be true Zero Knowledge.  Its already been delayed, and it will get delayed again. Why do you think all these SDC trolls are out and about fudding all the other coins, because there is no progress being done with their coin so to consume their leisure time, they choose to blow up other communities. Stay away from SDC and their scumbag community

Delayed? how? I don't remember anyone giving a firm date.. This is cutting edge tech here. There is no date it needs to be done by. It was not a contracted job paid by you so all you are doing is bringing up something immaterial to attack the projects integrity with..what a fool!

I don't need you to believe its happening i need you to wake up and stop throwing the same old shit everyone else does at this project! Because all i see is a bunch of fools trying to bash a coin thats not trying to get you to buy it but not saying anything on the coin forums that are blatant scams!

september was supprosed to be the initial release. It is now November basically.... That is delayed

Thats a roadmap put there by the community i've said it before its not from the core dev team and it shouldn't really be there at all to be honest! Roadmaps with dates are stupid In this game people like you get upset when they don't fall on the dates and use it against the project.. You didn't contract the work and because zk isn't released now in no way means its non existent thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. i might understand it the markets for shadow were doing 500+ btc a day but they just arn't and its far from gone parabolic so your lame attempts are just that..got any claims with some substance? No didn't think so!

Honestly i wouldn't be so rude if there just was not so much conjecture in most of you guys posts!
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:22:17 AM

SDC is run by a few major bagholders who will kill the coin on the first opportunity they get after a pump. Why would anyone invest in this, unless they actually wanted to lose their money?
Thats not even remotely accurate. sdc is run by a mature, patient community who do not waver to such drama and rubbish like you are projecting. The truth always and i mean ALWAYS comes out..have you seen this lately?
Just one of many revelations to surface soon you can bet on it! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0

It's very accurate. Trolls royce is a major "angel investor" the own 1.4 million coins and his friend Pookie owns more. Then there is you too. "i'm out I quite if it's in blockent" the cry baby who bag holds a fat bag too. Along with the dev almost 80% of the coin is controlled. Well If that isn't a pump and dump group. lol. The coin has no volume because these coins are not trading as they bulk are help by this guys. They would have to buy each others coin back and forth to make volume. They have test run this process a few times and got called for the manipulation. On top of all this the will buy a competitors coin on the low price and then dump all at once to crash it even at a loss and also send in alts and trolls to fud the coin at that moment to make it look like the fud is real. Everyone who reads these forums regularly know that these guys do this.

Has ShadowCoin/Cash/whatever its called now figured out the massive blaot and stall that comes with zerocoin (zk-snarks)? There is a reason the Zerocoin/cash team still hasnt released a working coin.

No where did shadow claim it was implementing zerocoin.. you need to do your homework before you make baseless claims. Zerocoin doesn't even use zk-snarks.. lulz. You're just an ignorant troll loves to make posts.

TrangLee sucking on BobSurplus's anus. Welcome to the thread I figured it wouldn't be long until you stuck your troll node into this thread. It's no wonder you would keep repeating lies started by BobSurplus and disregard the truth. You have no factual claims to back up your lies.

The only thing that's accurate is that you have no respect for developers efforts to advancing cryptocurrency. You spend your life on a forum going from page to page wherever Shadow is mentioned into order to degrade the work being made here. You call Shadow a scamcoin yet you have no problems with your shitcoin developers forking the code. Lovely life you live and ultimately it's the reason why you're going no where fast.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:22:59 AM

Another load of garbage from a fool with nothing better to say. I bet if i dug into your past i would find all sorts of messed up things to dredge up about you but i don't care so i don't use anything i already have on you against you either! You just don't know what a decent project looks like you are so caught up in the crypto filth that you all maintain here with your shitcoins! Stealthcoin pfft what a joke you guys turned that into!
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:26:35 AM

actually, i own 4.20 million sdc. which means they can't possibly own that much.
TrangLee

Living the dream

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:26:47 AM

Here is a link to a thread that highlights a lot of the SDC boys trollsroyce (coolstoryteller) pookie (Boh) and longandshort SDC fanboy/troll and outright lies as well as Nazi deleting and sanitizing anything in their official thread that might even possible threaten to tarnish thier "baby" SDC. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.0

Tell us again how Shadowcoin release the 1st pos staking Android wallet. Great story except one thing. Its a lie. Go to the Android stor and look at the post date for SDC's and LibrexCoins. Librexcoins is a full 4 days earlier. These guys even paid "news" places to make fake releases stating that SDC's was 1st. How sick?

Who would invest in a coin that attacks other coins and manipulates markets to damage their value (often at losses just to do it) and lies about its developments and fabricates News stories to support it? Stay away from this demonic coin bagholder group.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:28:56 AM

Here is a link to a thread that highlights a lot of the SDC boys trollsroyce (coolstoryteller) pookie (Boh) and longandshort SDC fanboy/troll and outright lies as well as Nazi deleting and sanitizing anything in their official thread that might even possible threaten to tarnish thier "baby" SDC. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.0

Tell us again how Shadowcoin release the 1st pos staking Android wallet. Great story except one thing. Its a lie. Go to the Android stor and look at the post date for SDC's and LibrexCoins. Librexcoins is a full 4 days earlier. These guys even paid "news" places to make fake releases stating that SDC's was 1st. How sick?

Who would invest in a coin that attacks other coins and manipulates markets to damage their value (often at losses just to do it) and lies about its developments and fabricates News stories to support it? Stay away from this demonic coin bagholder group.

ZzzZzZzz. TrangLee you're a pathetic shitcoin investor. Tell us again about Chandran signatures.

Again you have nothing legit to say. You come in here posting bullshit without a single piece of evidence to back up your claim outside of what BobSurplus posted. That makes you a BobSurplus groupie. LMAO

Take your shitcoin advice and head back under your bridge.

LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:29:20 AM

Tranglee you're sick!

cry baby? what? i wasn't going to have anything to do with the blocknet i know what darkness lies within it and the devs involved! Go on though continue bashing people to get at Shadow cause that makes sense! Honestly you people are sick and need help you're a joke to humanity. How can you honestly be so stupid and call us the fudsters, gawd you literally broke the camels back i'm out.  I'm just sick to death of trying with you lost causes! You are ruining thsi whole space and what its really meant to be working to achieve!
LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:30:37 AM

That was a beta piece of crap that taxed your battery. Shadow released a full version, optimized to not smash your battery and oh it also actually staked! What has stealthcoin and librex released since..thats right 0
you twits don't see the patern here do you?

Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Ch andran...
TrangLee

Living the dream

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:32:44 AM

actually, i own 4.20 million sdc. which means they can't possibly own that much.

If you do in which i doubt there is 6+ million SDC trolls owns 1.4 and no exact number is on the rest so that leaves 1 million coins own by everyone else according to you if pookie and longnshort own none at all. Still possible.

So if you really do own 4.20 (weed fan here) that is even worse for the coin. You could single handedly dump the coin to 1 sat and or cause a 51% attack. Your hurting their cause more than helping with you stupid fanboy bullshit.

demgains

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:34:13 AM

so you own more than half the supply.....ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOsUhrrxeg
TrangLee

Living the dream

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:36:17 AM

That was a beta piece of crap that taxed your battery. Shadow released a full version, optimized to not smash your battery and oh it also actually staked! What has stealthcoin and librex released since..thats right 0

Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Chandran...Ch andran...

ok how about zerocoins fatel flaw?  Epic fail.

ZeroCash development has stalled in recent weeks, and no coin presently incorporates a finished product, although a “ZeroCoin” team is working towards releasing a coin based on the protocol. Additionally, ZeroCoin/ZeroCash also has what many consider to be a fatal flaw in the way it works. At launch, everyone using the network must trust the creator to destroy certain secret startup data. When a Zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a valid member by a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given Zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. The N would be defined by a third-party, in the original Zerocash scheme. Though, if the prime numbers are large enough, it would be impossible for anyone to know what N is and thus, obtain knowledge of P and Q. If a party knew what N was, they could create their own accumulator and be able to make as many Zerocoins as possible.
The problem manifests with the total number of coins in a ZeroCash network. Since the total is obscured, it is impossible to know if the person who created the coin secretly kept this data, and with it the ability to create new coins at will.

LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:37:34 AM

If you do in which i doubt there is 6+ million SDC trolls owns 1.4 and no exact number is on the rest so that leaves 1 million coins own by everyone else according to you if pookie and longnshort own none at all. Still possible.

So if you really do own 4.20 (weed fan here) that is even worse for the coin. You could single handedly dump the coin to 1 sat and or cause a 51% attack. Your hurting their cause more than helping with you stupid fanboy bullshit.

Can you remind me again how much bitcoin satoshi owns? Shadow cant force people to buy it and its not saying its solved the distribution side of things as has no other coin so far! so cmon keep at it this game you are playing has been played by so many fools before you on other projects oh including bitcoin...but yeah keep it up we know you're great at working at something that will never succeed! but honestly i'm out now do your worst you make me sick..literally because you just don't have the first clue! I'm glad you left the shadow community actually you are a bit of a tossa!
demgains

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:41:16 AM

Can you remind me again how much bitcoin satoshi owns? Shadow cant force people to buy it and its not saying its solved the distribution side of things as has no other coin so far! so cmon keep at it this game you are playing has been played by so many fools before you on other projects oh including bitcoin...but yeah keep it up we know you're great at working at something that will never succeed! but honestly i'm out now do your worst you make me sick..literally because you just don't have the first clue! I'm glad you left the shadow community actually you are a bit of a tossa!

but the difference is, satoshi was never in it for the money, he wanted to build something that would change the world. Altcoin investors are purely driven by monetary gains and thus, would dump their coins if it meant earning 10 million dollars or whatever it could amount to.
LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:42:25 AM

ok how about zerocoins fatel flaw?  Epic fail.

ZeroCash development has stalled in recent weeks, and no coin presently incorporates a finished product, although a “ZeroCoin” team is working towards releasing a coin based on the protocol. Additionally, ZeroCoin/ZeroCash also has what many consider to be a fatal flaw in the way it works. At launch, everyone using the network must trust the creator to destroy certain secret startup data. When a Zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a valid member by a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given Zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. The N would be defined by a third-party, in the original Zerocash scheme. Though, if the prime numbers are large enough, it would be impossible for anyone to know what N is and thus, obtain knowledge of P and Q. If a party knew what N was, they could create their own accumulator and be able to make as many Zerocoins as possible.
The problem manifests with the total number of coins in a ZeroCash network. Since the total is obscured, it is impossible to know if the person who created the coin secretly kept this data, and with it the ability to create new coins at will.

I cant help myself..

really should stop commenting on things you have no clue about right! you did the same with chandran and now shadows implementation of zero.. he is right there is a flaw..something we know about thats why shadow devs are using ring signatures instead of an accumulator but you would know this is you had half a fucking clue! so again the jokes on you..keep it up you might just help me enjoy this!
TrangLee

Living the dream

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:44:23 AM

Some more Zerocoin info on Bloat. Did SDC Ryno figure all this out faster than noted phd's that created it?

Zerocoin is the most complex of the bunch. It uses a combination of digital commitments, one-way accumulators, zero-knowledge proofs, and some extensions to the existing bitcoin protocol to attain an extremely high level of anonymity. It’s difficult to translate all of this into simpler terms, but if you’re interesting in a more ‘technical’ explanation you can find it here.

Of course, such a high level of anonymity does not come without tradeoffs – zerocoin has a high amount of overhead. A zerocoin proof (344 bytes) is needed for each transaction, and stored within the blockchain for eternity. These proofs must be processed by network nodes, adding not only significant storage bloat, but computational requirements as well. Keep in mind that the average bitcoin transaction is about 400 bytes in size, so this is no small amount.

Zerocoin is not even released yet, so it could very well trim itself down before then. For reference, the first implementation used a 50kb proof… But in it’s current state, it doesn’t scale very well. It would function just fine as an altcoin, but if you were to scale the network up to bitcoin size, it’s likely too bloated for it to work. Also worth mentioning is that all the fancy math that zerocoin employs could also open the door for some sort of unforeseen exploit.

LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:46:29 AM

but the difference is, satoshi was never in it for the money, he wanted to build something that would change the world. Altcoin investors are purely driven by monetary gains and thus, would dump their coins if it meant earning 10 million dollars or whatever it could amount to.

durrrr thats why sdc markets are the way they are...fuck you are a dumb cunt i swear. Yes i'm using foul abuse but you mate are a dead set fucking dropkick and deserver it all!

Shadow is in no way impatient nor is the community doing back room deals with stupid pump groups for a quick pump..it always fails and every one almost have all sucumbed to failure because people cant keep their mouths shut...shadow devs just work and if they were in it for money they would not be here they would be working for giants like microsoft ect etc they do it because they want to build something for their kids and help someone somewhere in the world..all you want to do is throw mud at them..shame on you! stupid stupid kid!
LongAndShort (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:47:15 AM

Some more Zerocoin info on Bloat. Did SDC Ryno figure all this out faster than noted phd's that created it?

Zerocoin is the most complex of the bunch. It uses a combination of digital commitments, one-way accumulators, zero-knowledge proofs, and some extensions to the existing bitcoin protocol to attain an extremely high level of anonymity. It’s difficult to translate all of this into simpler terms, but if you’re interesting in a more ‘technical’ explanation you can find it here.

Of course, such a high level of anonymity does not come without tradeoffs – zerocoin has a high amount of overhead. A zerocoin proof (344 bytes) is needed for each transaction, and stored within the blockchain for eternity. These proofs must be processed by network nodes, adding not only significant storage bloat, but computational requirements as well. Keep in mind that the average bitcoin transaction is about 400 bytes in size, so this is no small amount.

Zerocoin is not even released yet, so it could very well trim itself down before then. For reference, the first implementation used a 50kb proof… But in it’s current state, it doesn’t scale very well. It would function just fine as an altcoin, but if you were to scale the network up to bitcoin size, it’s likely too bloated for it to work. Also worth mentioning is that all the fancy math that zerocoin employs could also open the door for some sort of unforeseen exploit.

bloat is not an issue when you can prune the data fool..cmon got anymore bs!
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:48:10 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 03:58:47 AM by Coolstoryteller

TrangLee is so dense he can't even see when people are trolling him. Take your FUD conversation back to your SDC FUD thread. Which BTW was started by the LXC dev. I'll be sure to grab a screenshot of the Skype logs for that where the LXC dev admits he is the one who started that smear thread. You're such a tool that you participated in a FUD campaign against SDC orchestrated by the LXC dev which to my knowledge has nothing to do with Stealthcoin besides being a partner in BlockNet. Baseless accusations, mindless trolling and unnecessary personal attacks = Bitcointalk community. Seems like the shitcoin communities always take it upon themselves to attack Shadow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=383543 this is an alt account for the LXC dev "KidKrypto"

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: