Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Large Roadblock to Bitcoin being accepted by Large companies  (Read 3975 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:10:26 AM

There probably should be an enterprise client, or rather an enterprise system for handling bitcoins. Every large transaction would need to be approved by upper management.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 10:13:24 AM

There probably should be an enterprise client, or rather an enterprise system for handling bitcoins. Every large transaction would need to be approved by upper management.

it's open source, just find programmers and they could code whatever management you like...

at the moment make separate wallets for every dealer you have

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 08:14:15 PM

It's possible to create transactions that require signatures from several different people to spend. With some extra coding work, you could set up Bitcoin to keep (say) 500 BTC liquid and spendable by anyone, the rest would be automatically locked such that signatures from 3 different people were required to spend it.

That feature isn't available today, but it might help in future.
conormartinez

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 08:21:26 PM

There should be a program written that allows you to manage  Bitcoins securely. maybe even get them on flashdrives for small wallet like stuff. there should be a way for bigger companies to manage their  bitcoins but it should not be centralized like a bank.  The whole idea of  bitcoins is a decentralized unmonitored system. If  bitcoins, or private organizations started banks, then we would have similar problems to the current Monetary Economies. Not to mention if someone cracks  Bitcoin or a 3rd party company for banking. then there go your Bitcoins. I think a program should be written to have o n your private computer that cannot be accessed through a 3rd party source. like a safe?
samadamsbeer

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:47:52 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2011, 01:02:24 PM by samadamsbeer

It's possible to create transactions that require signatures from several different people to spend. With some extra coding work, you could set up Bitcoin to keep (say) 500 BTC liquid and spendable by anyone, the rest would be automatically locked such that signatures from 3 different people were required to spend it.

That feature isn't available today, but it might help in future.

Just thinking out loud, and I am no programmer, nor do I own such a biz, but it would be nice if a hypothetical BTC Enterprise client allowed you to store your BTC's P2P under conditions set when you store them. So if I had a business with some incoming BTC, I could set that I want to store them (or at least catalogue the freezing on spending the designated BTCs) in the P2P cloud (which perhaps is perhaps comprised of all the other Enterprise clients) and only be allowed access (or the ability to spend the designated BTCs) should certain conditions be met (perhaps 3+ of some set of designated clients, confirming). Obviously there could be other conditions set. This would lessen the need for BTC banks. I wonder if you could also in this way make time based deposits, so one condition being your deposit could be lent out to the market, for a fee, and you could not withdraw/spend until a certain date. Anyway my $0.02, er 0.02BTC.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 07:16:03 PM

Most of the issues surrounding using Bitcoin also apply to cash handling, and I expect the solutions are going to be similar.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: