Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Scam???  (Read 3191 times)
baconsambo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:36:59 AM

HI, I deposited money with intersango almost 21/2 weeks ago and still no money in my 'account' - is it a scam website and should I forget about it ? Does anyone know a good place t buy bitcoins fast and easy? Cheers folks
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:54:58 AM

If you're inside the SEPA zone I recommend https://bitstamp.net . Very fast service and good customer support.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:21:04 PM

I've done quite some business with intersango.com, and so far their support and service have been excellent. Can't talk for anyone else, but based on my own experience I would highly recommend them.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 02:03:07 PM

hi, i would recommend Intersango- however if you deposited through Lloyds thats the problem- I use Metro and deposit in hours sometimes. contact them they will sort it out. reg

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/2314

David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:25:40 AM

Intersango is a scam for sure lol that is ALL I hear about them.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 09:26:06 AM

I've been using Intersango for two months and I haven't had any issues thus far. The only downside the last 3-4 days is the low quantity of offered bitcoins.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Richmond

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 04:08:10 PM

I have been waiting for around 6 weeks for a withdawl to be paid into my account. Opened several support tickets and been told it has been sorted on two occasions but nothing has been deposited in my bank yet. I will never use them again, I'm starting to worry I will never get it.
baconsambo (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:29:22 PM

Hi everyone thanks for the feedback, however i have had same experience as Redmond, it is almost a month to the day since i deposited and still no money. I too have had several tickets opened and answered from time to time by Donald who is one of the owners apprently, so that gives me a fair indication of how bad it is run if even he wont sort it out. I have instructed my bank to trace and recall the money so dont think i will lose anything. I will give mt.gox a go or bitstamp thanks for the recommendation. 
greg35

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:52:59 PM

Intersango is a scam for sure lol that is ALL I hear about them.

You are a moron for sure lol
Richmond

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:44:49 PM

Got it eventualy after talking to Patrick on #bitcoin-otc. Dont think I would ever use them again, took me 6 weeks to get my withdrawal.
Sovereign108

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:57:17 PM

I've used it a few times and it worked for me with a good amount of trades. One thing is that you have to use odd amounts like £10.53 not even ones like £10. I have no idea why but it sounded like the amounts are used as identifiers in their system?
baconsambo (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:58:02 AM

well just to update since i started the post way back when - i got my bank to contact the polish bank who in turn have tried to contact intersango to release my money and basically intersango will not respond so GOODBYE €€€ HELLO SCAM!!
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:06:01 PM

I've sent 300 euro last week to intersango.
Bought bitcoins for my money and transfered them to my glbse account.
It all worked perfect and pretty fast.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:07:59 PM

well just to update since i started the post way back when - i got my bank to contact the polish bank who in turn have tried to contact intersango to release my money and basically intersango will not respond so GOODBYE €€€ HELLO SCAM!!

Did they respond to any of your attempts to contact them? What did they say? Did you send them any details of the wire transfer?

[Roy]

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 01:30:29 PM

Don't have any problems with Intersango.
I also believe there good guys.
baconsambo (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:19:40 PM

Hi Blazr

Ya I give them the details as they request them on the support page. They respond but its always the same response  - what is the reference number and we cant find it, we have to look manually - cheap excuses really - just logged on again and unsurprisingly no money in account...
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:16:50 PM

Don't have any problems with Intersango.
I also believe there good guys.

And who are you btw?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:22:32 PM

If you're inside the SEPA zone I recommend https://bitstamp.net . Very fast service and good customer support.
+1 Bitstamp have been brilliant with me, very good service.
Intersango on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish  Roll Eyes

Chris - Intersango

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 12:51:32 AM

Hi,

I am writing on behalf of Intersango to address this issue publicly.

I would like to state that the OP's claim is inaccurate and does not properly represent the situation.

The user failed to change the ticket status back to "Needs Staff Action" and it stayed throughout all messages on Needs_user_ attention.

We are a young company and we concede that our new support ticketing system (it was only up a matter of days) at the time the user opened his ticket was not the most intuitive. After a few days of operating under the new ticketing system users were instructed in replies to remember to change the ticket status back to "Needs_staff_attention" after responding.

The claim that the user was ignored is false. By the time OP's post was made the issue leading to the user's situation had been resolved. This thread was brought to our attention by the user's final response, in which the ticket automatically changed from "Needs_User_Action" to "Needs_Staff_Action".

Thereafter, the situation was resolved quickly. We have contacted the user,  encouraging him to update his posts, but we have not received a response.

Inherent in his own ticket he can see that the ticketing system was already changed before he made this post so as to avoid the issue that the user faced in the first part.

We would like to apologise to the user for our previously unintuitive ticketing system. We are continuing to develop a more intuitive, user-friendly site.  We acknowledge that this aspect of our support system was not as efficient as it could've been and this is why we've added the development.

There was certainly no intent to ignore or disregard the issue. Feel free to try our our support and test our response times at support.intersango.com

Ask us any question, even a general question, about bitcoin or about whatever you wish and we will try to respond in a timely and professional manner.
Ptolom

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 02:55:47 PM

I've bought btc from Intersango and everything went smoothly. They may have some issues with their support but I'm pretty sure they're not a scam site.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: