Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition: To Buy Or Not To Buy?  (Read 2260 times)
mrdeposit (OP)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 05:48:15 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 08:40:09 PM by grue

After so many people saying how bad CoD ghost was. Will anyone even buy CoD Advanced Warfare? I mean since I am partnered with G2A.com I could just use my own discount code: referral removed to get it cheaper than retail price but is it worth it?

Any of you buying this game?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 06:44:41 PM by Lethn

I keep getting tempted out of boredom but that's mainly because there really aren't any other good shooters out there, I did get Payday 2 and Natural Selection 2 looks fairly interesting but ehhhh. I think far too many of them are actually trying to be more than an FPS and falling flat on their faces, Payday 2 is a perfect example. Yes, great idea in theory to have a co-op game where you rob banks and Jewellery stored but as I've discovered over the years FPS players are the worse teamplayers in the world.

One of the reasons I'm tempted to buy Advanced Warfare is to troll the stupid CoD players who think they're pro and show them how real gamers play because it's hilarious watching them scream about the game when they don't realise that Payday 2 actually acts quite like the older FPS' where you have to conserve your ammo and fire carefully at the A.I. and NOT run off from your team. Makes me realise how fucking stupidly easy modern shooters are now actually when I think about it.

If you can stand the boredom, go buy something else, or I dunno, spend it on investments instead, might get more of a kick out of it but at this point I'd completely understand because a lot of FPS' are getting infested with item shop bullshit now that otherwise be really good ideas.
leblanc

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:09:43 PM

I would just stay away from it for about 2 months, then buy it used if you really want it that bad.
cma3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

Easy pass. I wont buy another COD game again. Its the exact same game over and over again.

That said, I am interested in seeing how they change the physics and 'futurize' the vehicles and the soldier abilities. So depending on the gameplay videos, I may rent it to check it out. But like EA i doubt I will be buying anymore Activision games anymore -- Destiny was the last straw for me.

Kool commercial though.

jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:32:00 PM

Not to buy, COD is getting awful. I am stopping buying it now. I might give BO3 a chance next year.
leblanc

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:44:45 PM

yeah the quality is just been getting bad over the years lol.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:02:01 AM

After so many people saying how bad CoD ghost was. Will anyone even buy CoD Advanced Warfare? I mean since I am partnered with G2A.com I could just use my own discount code: ZUKO to get it cheaper than retail price but is it worth it?

Any of you buying this game?

Do not buy any game pre-release. Just wait until game hits the shelves and read about is, watch gameplay, then decide if to buy title.
grouper fish

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:12:41 AM

Never liked COD, but I'am saving up to get the new CIV game..  Tongue

_chance_

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:57:24 AM

I am a fanboy of COD but i'm still waiting for some gameplay before i get my hands on it.
mrdeposit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 08:40:17 PM by grue

After reading all these comments ill just stay playing CSGO. I don't want to buy a game I will end up not playing at all. Thank you all for your opinions. Wink

Never liked COD, but I'am saving up to get the new CIV game..  Tongue

You might not have to save for too long. CIV is only $49.99 on steam but G2A.com has it for sale $42. You could get 3% off using coupon code: referral removed so that would bring the price down to around $40.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:34:15 PM

After reading all these comments ill just stay playing CSGO. I don't want to buy a game I will end up not playing at all. Thank you all for your opinions. Wink

Never liked COD, but I'am saving up to get the new CIV game..  Tongue

You might not have to save for too long. CIV is only $49.99 on steam but G2A.com has it for sale $42. You could get 3% off using coupon code: ZUKO so that would bring the price down to around $40.

It's amazing really, the major publishers like Actiblizzard and Electronic Arts get to keep their major games sky high while all the others get the crap discounted out of them Sad
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:35:44 PM

Easy pass. I wont buy another COD game again. Its the exact same game over and over again.

That said, I am interested in seeing how they change the physics and 'futurize' the vehicles and the soldier abilities. So depending on the gameplay videos, I may rent it to check it out. But like EA i doubt I will be buying anymore Activision games anymore -- Destiny was the last straw for me.

Kool commercial though.

That's correct. You can't see much changes in any next edition.
mrdeposit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:41:23 PM

Never liked COD, but I'am saving up to get the new CIV game..  Tongue

You might not have to save for too long. CIV is only $49.99 on steam but G2A.com has it for sale $42. You could get 3% off using coupon code: ZUKO so that would bring the price down to around $40.

It's amazing really, the major publishers like Actiblizzard and Electronic Arts get to keep their major games sky high while all the others get the crap discounted out of them Sad

I don't know about that. I find all games cheaper at G2A.com using the discount code so I always get games cheaper than retail. Even games from those companies. This is why I share the code with others besides it being part of my monthly income.
ern

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

It doesn't matter how bad it is, alot of people will still buy it. Only console peasants though Grin
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:57:19 PM

I won't be getting this one, I don't think I will be getting any future Call of duty to be quite honest, unless they bring out a World of War type again I'm not really interested and will probably stick with BF4 & other shooters. I did enjoy the campaign of Ghosts though, but the multiplayer was awful.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:33:11 PM

It doesn't matter how bad it is, alot of people will still buy it. Only console peasants though Grin

Why? I enjoyed some cods and I have a PC I do prefer bf4 but I don't compare them they are totally different and I'm glad I can afford and play both of them rather than arguing.
mrdeposit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

Since I am partnered with G2A.com and seen the orders. I can tell you people have preorder this game for PC. This is why I made this thread. I wanted to know if I should get it as well but I am going to stay with CSGO.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:15:11 PM

not worth, just wait it out or see it on twitch on peoples remarks on the game.

mrdeposit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:58:18 AM

not worth, just wait it out or see it on twitch on peoples remarks on the game.

I wanted the game just to stream it on twitch...
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:00:57 AM

Feel like it is just going to be the same thing as prior CoDs with a bit of a twist (jetpacks, faster pace). As a fan of FPS, I'll probably end up getting a copy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: