Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any hope for bitcoin? Possible solutions?  (Read 4694 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:43:30 AM

I think bitcoin will always be around. Although it is hard to predict whether it will be worth a whole lot more or a whole lot less.
jsmit332 (OP)

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:13:20 AM

I think bitcoin will always be around. Although it is hard to predict whether it will be worth a whole lot more or a whole lot less.

I find it hard, no one knows really. I wish it wasn't as volatile.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:28:13 AM

my current guess is the china bubble started last oct 2013 at around 150 usd ...imho it will bust to the mean to 150 usd again

that is my 'guess' at the bottom

now my hope is that will look like a deal...people will then again bet on bitcoin to 'not miss the boat' and another boom cycle

will happen

but seems to be either that (see the chart below)

again i'm figuring the 'mean' to be around 150 usd (or it was around there end of last oct more or less before the 'china boom')

not too crazy about the above chart

the alternative imho would be the next pic below

well I'm holding gonna be happy 10 years from now or will have the same shame as being in an amway cult back in the day

looks like very little middle ground...btc either works or crashes to the cellar

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

Does anyone think the price of bitcoin will ever go back up to a respectable price?

Currently, Bitcoin is ridiculously overvalued. A respectable price would be somewhere in the single digit range, and that's the price Bitcoin is going back to. It'll be a slow and painful decline with a lot of bulltraps along the way. It might take months or years to get there, but we'll get there eventually. Together.

You sound so sure.

I have reviewed your posts since you joined during the last bubble. It seems you didn't always think so and earlier in the year you were predicting 10k and even 100k (you sure like extremes).

Then you got very excited about gox and either lost your money or sold at huge loss.

Since you have stated previously a) you don't trade or short and b) you don't own coins your presence on the forum in any capacity than a doomer troll is difficult to justify, especially when it is obvious you simply want to buy in lower and deep down love bitcoin!

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Does anyone think the price of bitcoin will ever go back up to a respectable price?

Currently, Bitcoin is ridiculously overvalued. A respectable price would be somewhere in the single digit range, and that's the price Bitcoin is going back to. It'll be a slow and painful decline with a lot of bulltraps along the way. It might take months or years to get there, but we'll get there eventually. Together.

You sound so sure.

I have reviewed your posts since you joined during the last bubble. It seems you didn't always think so and earlier in the year you were predicting 10k and even 100k (you sure like extremes).

Then you got very excited about gox and either lost your money or sold at huge loss.

Since you have stated previously a) you don't trade or short and b) you don't own coins your presence on the forum in any capacity than a doomer troll is difficult to justify, especially when it is obvious you simply want to buy in lower and deep down love bitcoin!

10K bitcoin  Shocked a 1K bitcoin again sounds like a dream at the moment lol
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:44:54 AM

Bitcoin seems to have lost its best feature - the pumpin and the dumpin.
Back in April 2013 it went from 60 to 240 then to 85. What a ride! Now its so boring, just declining a few percent each week. Yawn.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:51:55 AM

Back in April 2013 it went from 60 to 240 then to 85. What a ride! Now its so boring, just declining a few percent each week. Yawn.

It would be better if it went up and down, but not too much
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:10:12 AM

Bitcoin only lost the pumpin

The dumpin is around here for 10 months Sad
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:41:33 AM

Bitcoin lost its mojo. I blame the Manipulator. Obama.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:43:08 AM

OP why don't you start thinking for yourself. What is Bitcoin worth to you?

In my opinion Bitcoin is like mobile phones. It will take some years to develop the infrastructure and get people to use it.

We are here

And the potential is

It's a bad example.

Nokia 3310 is the best mobile phone ever.

- Charge it once a month even if you use it everyday.
- It will never break even if it falls from the heavens.
- One of the cheapest phones ever.

New technologies are often accompanied with new problems and difficulties as history has proven many times.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:31:08 AM

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:04:20 PM

I agree that governments spreading FUD has wrecked bitcoin. Bitcoin was a massive threat to governments back in the day lol.
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

There is always hope for bitcoin. You don't have to consider it purely as a currency, but a technology. However people have an understanding of bitcoin as a currency. When the iphone came out, the price doesn't keep going up Wink But its a new technology and has its uses and just like an iphone, bitcoin is also a new technology.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:08:48 PM

Bitcoin is absolute innovation.

I think we are here:

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
NotLambchop

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

I think we are here:

While the rest of the world is here:

erre
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

I think we are here:

While the rest of the world is here:

Yep,  exactly!
The world is full of non-innovative, price-inflated, user-friendly, already end-developed shit.
Bitcoin has just started non as a brand or as a product, but as a technology!
It's nowdays too hard to use and to understand for the average Joe,  but I can see lot of potential!
Right now, people is panic selling just because they don't understand what they were buying

NotLambchop

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

Right now, people is panic selling just because they don't didn't understand what they were buying

FTFY.

They have "invested" in a currency which is inflating @ 10%/yr, while losing more than half of its price during 2014.  Most people invest to make money, not lose it Undecided
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:23:15 PM

No hope if you think fiat currency is money Wink

erre
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:25:09 PM

Right now, people is panic selling just because they don't didn't understand what they were buying

FTFY.

They have "invested" in a currency which is inflating @ 10%/yr, while losing more than half of its price during 2014.  Most people invest to make money, not lose it Undecided

Me too got involved in btc to get " easy"  money, I buyed @ 1000 and i'm taking a (relatively) huge loss as now.

But later i understood that btc should be not about making " easy"  fiat: it's a p2p distributed currency, not a commodity. Give time to the people to understand the implications of such technology...

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:30:28 PM

FTFY.

Me too got involved in btc to get " easy"  money, I buyed @ 1000 and i'm taking a (relatively) huge loss as now.

But later i understood that btc should be not about making " easy"  fiat: it's a p2p distributed currency, not a commodity. Give time to the people to understand the implications of such technology...

Look on the bright side... at least you didn't buy at $1200
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: