Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs (BALLS) | SHA256 | 25k Blocks Mined | 5000% Proof of Stake |  (Read 9405 times)
norcalnewbie707 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:52:13 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 12:51:23 AM by norcalnewbie707

This Thread has been moved to- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843495

Snowballs (Coin) Launch Thread
http://mmxivcoin.com/forum/index.php/topic,23.0.html

If anyone wants to copy this to bitcointalk since I'm banned, that would be cool
I'll post it in my own thread whenever my ban is up, but who knows when that will be

Snowballs

Snowballs are an experiment to push the limits of our staking hardware. They will feature 1,000,000 BALLS via SHA Proof of Work followed by 5000% yearly stake. This is very high because we are testing methods of making the Snowball Staking hardware a viable alternative to expensive, high energy miners. The short mining phase ensures we have widespread coin distribution to ensure a smooth hand off to a Pure Proof of Stake network

Future Plans

It's up to you guys whether you mine it or not. We have plans to use this coin as an incentive program towards our Snowball hardware customers. It has a use for us. Whether you want to participate or not is cool either way. The goal is to provide a low cost, standalone staking device that can earn more than high cost, high energy mining hardware. Minting is the future of low cost coin generation and we are at the forefront both with Maieuticoin and now Snowballs, which are created to out-perform proof of work chains for minting profits vs mining costs

Coin Specs

• Algorithm: SHA256    Ports: 11064, 21064
  • 40 BALLS each over 25,000 Mined PoW Blocks
  • Proof of Stake at 5000% yearly yield 24h / 30d
  • Staking starts November 2nd at 12:00:00 GMT
  • Tx fees are destroyed for anti-inflation (640000000)
  • Name conf file mmxiv.conf in Roaming/Snowballs Folder
    • This is an important step for all Snowball hardware
    • If self compiling, it will make as MMXIV-Qt/mmxivd

Mining Pools

Rewards Program

BALLS will be an available option when you purchase your Snowball Staking Hardware with Maieuticoin. Unlike when selecting another chain, each Snowball customer that chooses BALLS will receive some free per purchase. Simply send us an address your Snowball hardware generates once you receive the unit. This is why this coin has such a high staking percentage; to encourage the use of cheap, cost efficient, low energy staking hardware for long term profits instead of expensive, outdated, high energy mining hardware that will, very likely, net owners a negative ROI as difficulties go higher and profitabilities per MH, GH, or TH fall lower

Snowball Hardware Information Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=828734
norcalnewbie707 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:02:32 AM

If anyone wants to copy this to bitcointalk since I'm banned, that would be cool
I'll post it in my own thread whenever my ban is up, but who knows when that will be

Snowballs

Snowballs are an experiment to push the limits of our staking hardware. They will feature 1,000,000 BALLS via SHA Proof of Work followed by 5000% yearly stake. This is very high because we are testing methods of making the Snowball Staking hardware a viable alternative to expensive, high energy miners. The short mining phase ensures we have widespread coin distribution to ensure a smooth hand off to a Pure Proof of Stake network

Future Plans

It's up to you guys whether you mine it or not. We have plans to use this coin as an incentive program towards our Snowball hardware customers. It has a use for us. Whether you want to participate or not is cool either way. The goal is to provide a low cost, standalone staking device that can earn more than high cost, high energy mining hardware. Minting is the future of low cost coin generation and we are at the forefront both with Maieuticoin and now Snowballs, which are created to out-perform proof of work chains for minting profits vs mining costs

Coin Specs

• Algorithm: SHA256    Ports: 11064, 21064

Mining Pools

Rewards Program

BALLS will be an available option when you purchase your Snowball Staking Hardware with Maieuticoin. Unlike when selecting another chain, each Snowball customer that chooses BALLS will receive some free per purchase. Simply send us an address your Snowball hardware generates once you receive the unit. This is why this coin has such a high staking percentage; to encourage the use of cheap, cost efficient, low energy staking hardware for long term profits instead of expensive, outdated, high energy mining hardware that will, very likely, net owners a negative ROI as difficulties go higher and profitabilities per MH, GH, or TH fall lower

Quote from: Maieutica
This coin was also intentionally made to be tough for pools. It is meant to be solo mined and distributed quickly so there are a lot of coins out prior to reaching the staking phase tomorrow afternoon
EmpoEX

Activity: 419
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:03:42 AM

We will keep an eye on BALLS (lol). It's a interesting project, from hardware aspect.

Wish you best of luck.

EmpoEX Team
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

This coin was also intentionally made to be tough for pools. It is meant to be solo mined and distributed quickly so there are a lot of coins out prior to reaching the staking phase tomorrow afternoon

WTF does this bullshit mean?

Tough for pools?  What is tough about it besides it being such shit no one cares to set up a pool for it?

Meant to be solo mined and distributed quickly?  It's not being distributed to anyone besides iGotSpots right now because no one knows about it and there are no pools or exchanges.

I like high PoS so I was initially interested but shill your cash grab elsewhere Spots, fuck this garbage.
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:23:27 AM

Snowballs

Future Plans

Coin Specs

Mining Pools

Rewards Program

And I love this part.  "Experiement to push the limit of our staking hardware".

Are you fucking kidding me?  "A gussied up raspberry pi might explode if we move the decimal point around, let's create a shit coin to be sure it's safe."
CryptoPromotions

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:33:42 AM

Am mining some. How about a pool?
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 08:37:57 AM

Good luck!

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:38:41 AM

wow,..5000%,..
nothing to say  Grin
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:40:30 AM

i tried setting up a pool but get this error
 Check finished - daemon rpc error with batch gettransactions {"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"}

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:50:15 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 10:02:35 AM by Palmdetroit

Is this the highest stake yet?

+Interesting anti pool fee

Cant mine save some for me!

Sidh92cP7U9HdMQURKYuY6FfM3DYMijCnv

crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 08:51:37 AM

Good luck!
I'm in

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
HunterS

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:55:10 AM

can some get a damn pool up so i can use my S3.cant solo mine wallet with them

norcalnewbie707 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:55:27 AM

Snowballs

Future Plans

Coin Specs

Mining Pools

Rewards Program

Fees have been set intentionally high and will be adjusted in a fork soon to a more appropriate level. I highly suggest solo mining this coin instead of mining on a pool until the fees are changed. You will not be able to move coins around until the fees are changed. This will most likely happen tomorrow
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:57:08 AM

no doubt need a pool dude, my shits rented out
johan11

Activity: 480

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

Im in - solo mining - help snowball is rolling to me help Grin
HunterS

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:14:12 AM

Ok so solo is working for me.Just had to dust off the old BFL 50 ghz and give it a run Wink

scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:15:00 AM

http://balls.coin-miners.info/ is up and runing

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:17:54 AM

https://balls.suprnova.cc is also up an running ! Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:28:23 AM

error: {"code":-4,"message":"Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least 44160.00 because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds  "}

WTF

I can not pay my miners because of that fee wtf

Black Mamba

Activity: 656

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:30:03 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 10:01:35 AM by Black Mamba

No wallets?

Edit found them  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All