Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!, me wanna try what is Bitcoin mining!  (Read 1318 times)
BTC-TMXSTAR (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:31:39 AM

Hi!, Good Day  Grin

can i ask which is better?

ASICMiner Block Erupter USB 330MH/s Sapphire Miner
http://www.amazon.com/ASICMiner-Block-Erupter-USB-Sapphire/dp/B00CUJT7TO

OR

BITMAIN ANTMINER U2 2Gh/s USB Bitcoin ASIC Miner
http://www.amazon.com/BITMAIN-ANTMINER-U2-Bitcoin-Overclockable/dp/B00ITD5NV6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414834181&sr=1-1&keywords=antminer

im gonna buy 2 usb miners Cheesy

i know its not profitable Cheesy
just wanna try Smiley

Thanks advance
and
God Bless!!!!! Grin
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:42:57 AM

The one with the higher hash rate will obviously be better. 1Gh/s = 1000 Mh/s.
BTC-TMXSTAR (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:02:07 AM

Thank you very much! Cheesy
im gonna buy 2 antminers Cheesy just gonna try Cheesy

God Bless!!!!!
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:49:28 PM

Is that even proftable? What coin do you plan to mine?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:52:53 PM

he can solo mind find a block and be happy Cheesy

Space for rent if its still trending
Undefeatable

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

Hi!, Good Day  Grin

can i ask which is better?

ASICMiner Block Erupter USB 330MH/s Sapphire Miner
http://www.amazon.com/ASICMiner-Block-Erupter-USB-Sapphire/dp/B00CUJT7TO

OR

BITMAIN ANTMINER U2 2Gh/s USB Bitcoin ASIC Miner
http://www.amazon.com/BITMAIN-ANTMINER-U2-Bitcoin-Overclockable/dp/B00ITD5NV6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414834181&sr=1-1&keywords=antminer

im gonna buy 2 usb miners Cheesy

i know its not profitable Cheesy
just wanna try Smiley

Thanks advance
and
God Bless!!!!! Grin

Well, since you already know its not profitable and you seems to know what you are doing. Just get the cheapest one...

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:41:47 PM

What the heck?  No, it's not "obviously" better.  Don't give people poor advice if you're not sure what you're talking about.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:52:21 PM

What the heck?  No, it's not "obviously" better.  Don't give people poor advice if you're not sure what you're talking about.

Either way you loose money.  I might add if you really want to use one of these for proof of concept (losing money) go with BE at least you loose less.  Also check ebay chances are you can get 2 cheaper. 

Again you will lose money on stick usb's sadly.  But it is a good way if you want to try mining just for the sake of mining.
Nextgen

Activity: 410

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:01:57 PM

if you just want to try then you can try cloud mining
it will cheaper and easy
but you shouldn't expect any return from this ever
WestHarrison

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:14:54 PM

Can I piggyback into this thread? I've been reading about mining and as I understand it it's not really profitable unless one has a big profesional operation going on. If that's true then how come so many people are still buying individual rigs for themselves?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

Can I piggyback into this thread? I've been reading about mining and as I understand it it's not really profitable unless one has a big profesional operation going on. If that's true then how come so many people are still buying individual rigs for themselves?

My guess is that most people mine because, while current difficulty and BTC price indicate mining isn't profitable now, it could be very profitable in the future if 1) a miner holds his mined BTC, and 2) BTC price increases.  It's interesting to note that the past two difficulty adjustments, as all as an upcoming third adjustment, have all been relatively minor compared to what we've seen in the past.  Because of this, there's also the small likelihood that a miner might end up with more BTC than he would have otherwise if he purchased BTC outright, but this requires the right set of conditions.

There are other considerations to take into account.  There's the possibility that, if the right set of conditions present themselves, you can actually profit from mining in a declining market (you can short BTC, but if the price goes up you're screwed) if the value of BTC mined + value of reselling hardware is greater than your purchase price.  Some also feel that the psychological aspect of mining seems less risky than buying outright since the mining hardware serves as a hedge on your investment and (again, depending on circumstances) they may have more flexibility regardless of which direction the market moves.

In general, though, the odds are currently against the miner.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:49:26 PM

It doesn't matter how large the operation is, it simply matters how much you paid for the mining hardware, how much you mine, and how much you pay for electricity.  A small operation that is more cost-efficient than a large operation is, well, more cost-efficient (duh).   You could have a small mining farm run out of a house that requires no additional security, cooling, electrical wiring, etc. that relatively outperforms a large operation using the exact same mining hardware because the large operation has additional overhead costs such as rent for warehouse space, security, cooling, custom wiring, etc.
WestHarrison

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:01:41 PM

It doesn't matter how large the operation is, it simply matters how much you paid for the mining hardware, how much you mine, and how much you pay for electricity.  A small operation that is more cost-efficient than a large operation is, well, more cost-efficient (duh).   You could have a small mining farm run out of a house that requires no additional security, cooling, electrical wiring, etc. that relatively outperforms a large operation using the exact same mining hardware because the large operation has additional overhead costs such as rent for warehouse space, security, cooling, custom wiring, etc.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. You've given me lots to think about. 
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

It doesn't matter how large the operation is, it simply matters how much you paid for the mining hardware, how much you mine, and how much you pay for electricity.  A small operation that is more cost-efficient than a large operation is, well, more cost-efficient (duh).   You could have a small mining farm run out of a house that requires no additional security, cooling, electrical wiring, etc. that relatively outperforms a large operation using the exact same mining hardware because the large operation has additional overhead costs such as rent for warehouse space, security, cooling, custom wiring, etc.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. You've given me lots to think about.  

No problem!  Just so you're aware, I'm currently mining at a very small loss.  However, it's staring to get very cold where I live, so running my miners is actually indirectly profitable at the moment because the heat generated allows me to save money by not using my furnace as often, and the money saved per month is presently greater than the monthly loss from mining.  Also, the hardware has already paid for itself, so it's not like I recently purchased any mining equipment.  Given my current circumstances, mining makes sense.  
leonaa

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:03:39 PM

i`d just go with cloud mining, just saying since electricity cost..
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:11:03 AM

It can be profitable if your smart about it.  Mine BTC rarly.  Rent your rigs alot, and mine alts.  Other then that...  They are great for heating your house in winter.  It's been 20 - 30 at night here and my house is 75 thanks to my 6 S3s.  No heater needed.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Centaurus

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:23:43 AM

welcome BTC-TMXSTAR
Some people don't consider the increases in difficulty when calculating ROI, be smart with this.

Centaurus
belk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:32:22 PM

If you are serious in bitcoin mining, go to bitcoin mining section.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: