Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE IS A SCAM?  (Read 3154 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:09:44 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2012, 09:47:43 PM by Matthew N. Wright

hehe. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Consider this an unofficial comment thread about the magazine for people who have already received their magazine. You may post action shots here or list their criticisms. All criticisms will be received and noted, although not all will be acted on (I don't care what your opinion is on the Guy Fawkes mask or the fact that it's printed and not digital download only).

I'm glad everyone is getting their issue finally. Some potential issues we're working out now:

• Shipping time and costs are more than we expected and we're looking into cheaper and quicker solutions that will be reflected from the next issue
  • Production time is sustainable, but due to my scheduled trip to Iceland, (I was unable to go to Iceland because Icehill is no longer working towards registration there and I am no longer working with Jered and JRO on Icehill) a need to increase quality and potentially switch to a different printer, I am learning towards accepting Vladimir's advice and making the next issue release 2 months out to give us a better buffer. Will discuss in more depth and see what's possible before making any formal announcement.
  • Quality of the magazine itself is probably just as good on paper as I envisioned it although I'm still waiting on my 300 or so issues to Korea to check with my own eyes. I'm hearing reports of ink smearing etc though and that doesn't sit well with me. Although we're always looking into other printing solutions, I am confident we can solve this problem with the same printers. We'll see.

Everyone who knows me knows that I work in a highly unorthodox and sporadic fashion. For about a year I've been trying to do useful things for Bitcoin and been met with constant ignorance from forum members, constant (unfounded) claims of "scam", and basically people without imaginations trying to put me down. I've never let it get in my way though and although I have about 6 or so projects waiting to be released in 2012 that I believe will change the course of Bitcoin for the better, I just wanted to make this note to the detractors, trolls and unimaginative: keep trying!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:11:48 AM

um, everything ok Matthew? BTW, good job with your, uhn...scam.

Phinneaus in 5...4...3...2...1

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:13:17 AM

Oh good. For a second I thought your account was hacked.

ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:16:18 AM

I read mine while lounging in the shower today, and I had no problems with ink smear, even in high humidity.

www.bitminter.com

!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:17:53 AM

Oh good. For a second I thought your account was hacked.

Sorry for the scare. You know I love drama.

I read mine while lounging in the shower today, and I had no problems with ink smear, even in high humidity.

LOL. That's a boss quote.

ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:21:46 AM

my only "issue", is that some of the words in some of the article are a hair too close to the spine of the mag, and it is a pain in the ass a bit to read them. otherwise, fantastic work.

www.bitminter.com

!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:24:12 AM

my only "issue", is that some of the words in some of the article are a hair too close to the spine of the mag, and it is a pain in the ass a bit to read them. otherwise, fantastic work.

I will be critiquing the loving shit out of the issues when I'm actually holding one in my hand, but until then I rely on everyone here to give an honest and constructive review. Let's make this thread the official "issues with my issue" thread.

If anyone is experiencing a smearing of their pages, please report which page it is happening on because that may make the difference between a free reprint for us and just switching printers in the long run.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:25:15 AM

An action shot would be the best way to show this. If you have a way to do this, please post it here. The bleed we worked with shouldn't have caused any issues but as I am the one managing layout and design it is important to know if it's an error on my side or on the printers.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 05:27:59 AM

An action shot would be the best way to show this. If you have a way to do this, please post it here. The bleed we worked with shouldn't have caused any issues but as I am the one managing layout and design it is important to know if it's an error on my side or on the printers.

Matt he's talking about the "gutter".  the inside edge of the pages.  also the place where your mind goes on a regular basis...

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:30:50 AM

Matt he's talking about the "gutter".  the inside edge of the pages.  also the place where your mind goes on a regular basis...

Hehe. Yea, I know, I accounted for that (I thought) but I'd love to see it with my own eyes if anyone wants to take a picture of it so I can know just how difficult it is to read. As for my mind, it was lost long ago when I got involved in a spergy libertard currency.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:36:03 AM

sub

Whatever it is it is all Matthew's fault.

-
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:47:52 AM

sub

Whatever it is it is all Matthew's fault.

Agreed.

ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:06:28 AM

upon closer inspection, the only problem i was referring to was the illustration on pages 14 and 15. it was chronologically a bit hard for me to follow, and some of the speech bubbles were cut off.

www.bitminter.com

!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:26:58 AM

upon closer inspection, the only problem i was referring to was the illustration on pages 14 and 15. it was chronologically a bit hard for me to follow, and some of the speech bubbles were cut off.

Lame! I'll make a note of it.

istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:52:40 AM

Congratulations on making the first "real" Bitcoin Magazine!
Very well done!
And the cover looks great!

I´m eagerly awating for my copy to arrive.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 07:49:14 AM

You're just an amateur!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 08:15:52 AM

um, everything ok Matthew? BTW, good job with your, uhn...scam.

Phinneaus in 5...4...3...2...1

WHY WASN'T I PM'ed WHEN THIS WAS POSTED?

Now I'm behind and have to read this entire thread to catch up.

BTW, Excellent mag, M. So far the issue I have with this issue has already been mentioned, and I guessed right on the other issue, but it's kinda mute.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 08:43:21 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2012, 01:34:29 PM by paraipan

Damn it, still didn't got here in the Iberian peninsula. I feel like waiting for the same, dubbed in spanish, movie to launch after the official one took place more than a month ago.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:36:03 AM

You've been Matthewed guys.  This thread isn't about the magazine at all - there's already a thread for that.  It's Matthew way of reminding people that he's going to Iceland.  Lucky bugger.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:38:29 AM

You've been Matthewed guys.  This thread isn't about the magazine at all - there's already a thread for that.  It's Matthew way of reminding people that he's going to Iceland.  Lucky bugger.

Did you get your magazine yet?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: