Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:06:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unless a boom happens in November, there will be a massive correction  (Read 3079 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

Many people have been holding since January thinking the next upcoming November would be a boom.  Here we are - it's November and no boom yet.

Many people might start panic selling within the next 60 days and this could drive the price down to $100 or lower.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:08:18 PM

Many people have been holding since January thinking the next upcoming November would be a boom.  Here we are - it's November and no boom yet.

Many people might start panic selling within the next 60 days and this could drive the price down to $100 or lower.

Many people were expecting btc to increase exponentially this year. Not only does that not appear to be happening, but it looks like the price is going to end up much lower than it was in the beginning of the year. The people who were advocating that you can't lose if you buy btc and hold for a year for guaranteed profits have no legs to stand on. If we do break the old ATH of $266, then I think it's quite possible to see a big crash rather than the show bleeding of the price that we've been witnessing.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:22:30 PM

Many people have been holding since January thinking the next upcoming November would be a boom.

January? LOL Which year?

November? ROFLMAO  Why? Because they didn't even know about Bitcoin until last autumn's little rally in November?

Perhaps you should quit thinking in months and start thinking in years.

Noobs. Sigh.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:25:17 PM

And a fair few special cases were obsessed with an explosion on July 24th because it fitted some sort of 234 day cycle.

Astonishingly enough it didn't happen. The world kept on turning.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

The people who were advocating that you can't lose if you buy btc and hold for a year for guaranteed profits have no legs to stand on.

That wasn't even true to begin with. In May 2012, yearly held bitcoins dropped into the red for a good while.
Malte

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

This sounds plausible. On the other hand, it could be possible that most of the people sold by now. Are there any estimates how much additional money entered the market during the bubble phase anyway? Probably not possible to get this data. But don't forget that a lot of buying pressure might have been purely artificual due to willy bot (and willy bot will not sell).
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:12:26 AM

Yes, I think the fact that we go a year and the price is not higher is bad.  I'm more worried about why bitcoin hasn't rallied with more adoption.  I'm increasingly worried that some exchanges are basically operating on a fractional reserve and will fail at some point.

Good Luck!
petersiddle98

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:40:57 AM

I am not expecting a boom until 2016 due to the bitcoin halving. ASIC company are dumping bitcoin driving the price down too quickly..

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:44:44 AM

Unless a boom happens in November, there will be a massive correction
Either the price goes up or it goes down. Is that what you are predicting? Sounds like a pretty safe bet.  Roll Eyes

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:25:53 AM

Yes, I think the fact that we go a year and the price is not higher is bad.  I'm more worried about why bitcoin hasn't rallied with more adoption.  I'm increasingly worried that some exchanges are basically operating on a fractional reserve and will fail at some point.

Good Luck!
Well the short term affects of higher adoption is a lower price, as merchants who accept bitcoin sell off the bitcoin they receive on the exchanges. Over time higher adoption will cause the price to increase as more people buy bitcoin and hold onto while prior to spending it
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

The boom is the correction. For four years now bitcoin has been - and will continue to - correct upwards toward its true relative intrinsic value of infinite fiat scrip promissory notes.

This is inevitable because our world is becoming less violent and more reasonable as we socially evolve. As nations derive their power from violence, and back their money with violence, it is natural that these fiat violence-notes will slowly approach worthlessness as we approach a world governed solely by reason.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

The boom is the correction. For four years now bitcoin has been - and will continue to - correct upwards toward its true relative intrinsic value of infinite fiat scrip promissory notes.

This is inevitable because our world is becoming less violent and more reasonable as we socially evolve. As nations derive their power from violence, and back their money with violence, it is natural that these fiat violence-notes will slowly approach worthlessness as we approach a world governed solely by reason.

the one thing I will never disagree with u
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:23:49 PM

Lol, why would a boom come this november? What are 'they' basing this off? Hope? Nobody is going to start pabic selling for no reason, especially just because their boom hasnt magically happened.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:36:14 PM

Why that single nebulae?  Tongue

Why not the whole universe?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:43:16 PM

hy not the whole universe?
First humanity must master responsible stewardship of our home planet. We've got a long way to go. Ethically speaking, only then should we consider attempting to spread to other worlds.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:50:31 PM

Last hope is December this year on the ETF. When the last hope is gone, so too will the price.

A massive correction will benefit the few who has the balls to buy when everyone is selling.
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:45:54 PM

Last hope is December this year on the ETF. When the last hope is gone, so too will the price.

A massive correction will benefit the few who has the balls to buy when everyone is selling.

I'm so waiting for this correction, I'll buy a hundred when it's below $50 Cheesy
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

I'm so waiting for this correction, I'll buy a hundred when it's below $50 Cheesy

Actually, if it drops that low many people, myself included, might get out for good.
Price can't drop that low without some catastrophic reason, which I hope won't be the case.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:50:16 PM

Many people have been holding fiat since January thinking the next upcoming November would be a crash. Here we are - it's November and no crash yet.

Many people might start panic buying within the next 60 days and this could drive the price up to $10000 or higher.

See? Even more substantiated post than yours!

i am satoshi
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

Actually, if it drops that low many people, myself included, might get out for good.
Price can't drop that low without some catastrophic reason, which I hope won't be the case.

this means you actually don't believe in bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: