Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: While FUD flingers fight in other threads, AppleByte gives six month report  (Read 2532 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 05:59:01 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 06:30:03 PM by First.Bitcoins

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year.  
Yesterday we started trading on Bittrex. We have been traded on Poloniex since launch. Here is today's chart:

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmc<at>applebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:14:21 PM

Congrats! AppleByte is the only coin in my portfolio that has gone up in value consistently this year!
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:01:34 PM

ABY up 30% today on Bittrex & Poloniex.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: