Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beta Testing] BitcoinWireless.com-Buy wireless time from over 300 carriers  (Read 5557 times)
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:10:13 PM

Sounds promising! =)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:38:46 PM

Simple Mobile?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:54:22 PM

Can this also be used to purchase a sim card and data from the wireless providers? This can be really useful for someone who is traveling internationally and does not wish to pay usurious roaming fees.

Hmm, interesting thought.

Right now, itll just be airtime but maybe we can expand it into SIM cards as well.

I have a connection, Ill get in touch with him tomorrow.

Shocked  Madre de Dio !! I was planning on being a customer anyway, but this would be an H-bomb. I am old enough to remember needing an "international phone". How awesome would it be to just swap out SIM cards.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:03:14 AM

404?
I want this to take off. What's the silence about? Why 404? Who joins me to do this? Can't be that hard. At least in Chile it should be quite easy.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 11:43:30 AM

404?
I want this to take off. What's the silence about? Why 404? Who joins me to do this? Can't be that hard. At least in Chile it should be quite easy.

Something is wrong with LaunchRock, I'll look into it now.

We are only weeks away from launching this, even sooner!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:26:47 AM

Looking forward to it!

After looking into UKash after seeing BitcoinNordic's support for that payment system I noticed a service that promotes itself as "airtime across borders".
 - http://www.transferto.com/international-top-ups-countries

They use UKash voucher codes as the payment system, so there is a pretty hefty charge to the user.

There is plenty of room for a bitcoin-based competitor!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 07:47:05 PM

404?

I'm glad to hear that! Man this will be a game changer if it worked in Chile and as easy as I hope it to be. I at least meet one person per week making a face over having to search some place to recharge their prepaid card. If I can help every single one of them in a matter of seconds for cash, I'm sure I would get people interested not only in your service but also in bitcoin in general.
Entel, Claro, Movistar please  Grin

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 08:02:44 PM

Once you see it, it can't be unseen. Maybe I drink too much coffee but seeing the tab of bitcoinwireless somehow doesn't remind me of a telephony business Wink

ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 08:02:55 PM

404?

I'm glad to hear that! Man this will be a game changer if it worked in Chile and as easy as I hope it to be. I at least meet one person per week making a face over having to search some place to recharge their prepaid card. If I can help every single one of them in a matter of seconds for cash, I'm sure I would get people interested not only in your service but also in bitcoin in general.
Entel, Claro, Movistar please  Grin

Hey in Chile we will support the following:

Claro, Entel, Movistar

Good?  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

yossarian

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Just read your ad in Bitcoin Magazine #2 which I got in London and was wondering: Any progress or updates on the project? Looks very promising! Cheesy

I'm always buying and selling BTC, PM me for details. Rating and GPG-key: http://is.gd/yossarian

Buy and sell BTC via SEPA: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/nrnxg6

Bitmessage: BM-2DAoXPtLdQEnR2iSneCTjpgRPtzXsSAi1m
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:27:16 PM

Just read your ad in Bitcoin Magazine #2 which I got in London and was wondering: Any progress or updates on the project? Looks very promising! Cheesy

Should be launching within a few days.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 08:38:34 PM

Should be launching within a few days.

Grr guys! Launch already! I have 3000 Pesos on my phone left and hope to be able to charge it with BTC next time which should be due in a few days Wink

Code:
$ wget bitcoinwireless.com
--2012-09-24 17:25:41--  http://bitcoinwireless.com/
Resolving bitcoinwireless.com... 54.243.194.117
Connecting to bitcoinwireless.com|54.243.194.117|:80... failed: Connection refused.

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:57:36 PM

Once you see it, it can't be unseen. Maybe I drink too much coffee but seeing the tab of bitcoinwireless somehow doesn't remind me of a telephony business Wink

Ok, for the record, when I made this post, bitcoinwireless.com had the launchrock.com favicon and as I did not realize the launchrock reference but only the huge red "W" in bitcoinWireless, I took it for the bitcoinwireless favicon.

(and yes, I'm slightly surprised to see a "we provide a solution for for charging your phone with 300 companies worldwide in some days"-"company" to use some shady 3rd party service for the official rumors page.)

ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:02:08 PM

Ok, for the record, when I made this post, bitcoinwireless.com had the launchrock.com favicon and as I did not realize the launchrock reference but only the huge red "W" in bitcoinWireless, I took it for the bitcoinwireless favicon.

(and yes, I'm slightly surprised to see a "we provide a solution for for charging your phone with 300 companies worldwide in some days"-"company" to use some shady 3rd party service for the official rumors page.)

Huh? Launchrock is not shady and it only lets people sign up.

You have to understand launching this is not easy, we need to get 120 countries all ready at the same time.

We are poised to launch before the weekend hopefully, but that could change.

Thanks

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 02:23:04 AM

You have to understand launching this is not easy, we need to get 120 countries all ready at the same time.

Thanks

Hi Yankee,

so back in May you were searching beta testers. How is the beta test going? Why would you need a coordinated global start? Why not start right now in one country?
Which weekend exactly did you mean in your post last month?

ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 02:31:48 AM

Thanks

Hi Yankee,

so back in May you were searching beta testers. How is the beta test going? Why would you need a coordinated global start? Why not start right now in one country?
Which weekend exactly did you mean in your post last month?

The beta test ended a few weeks ago and went well.

We found a few issues, and pretty much finished fixing that up.

I know how eager everyone is, were working as fast as possible to get it launched

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 09:18:56 PM

So now that it's in beta (after being in beta some weeks ago?) I tried it out to charge an Entel phone which did not work in 22h after paying and receiving the payment confirmation. Any comments from you maybe here after you were silent on facebook?

ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 10:26:16 PM

So now that it's in beta (after being in beta some weeks ago?) I tried it out to charge an Entel phone which did not work in 22h after paying and receiving the payment confirmation. Any comments from you maybe here after you were silent on facebook?

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestions. We are not silent on facebook, it has not been even 1 day since your post and its a Saturday. If you have an actual order issue, our support channels will gladly help you, however they are not on facebook 24/7

There is no fee, we plan to offer this 1:1. While we don't have the price mechanism finished yet, this is the reason we are still in Beta.
Also, this is an instant charge, I'm sorry your order failed. Please contact me and we will get it resolved.

Thanks for testing and helping us out

Charlie

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:26:11 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 07:35:50 PM by giszmo

Ok, so Alex Waters asked me for a receiving address to pay me back my 0.37Ƀ and I gave him one 4 days ago. Did my message not reach you?

Edit: Now apparently it did. Thank you.

ɃɃ
Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 01:02:44 AM

When is it launching?

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: