Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to invest bitcoins  (Read 7338 times)
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:54:59 PM

At 1broker you can but shares, commodities... with bitcoin (everything is in bitcoin, for example if apple stock goes up 10% with leverage of 20 you get 200% more bitcoins than u originally open the position for)
have a look at my giveaway action if you would register:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=845297.0
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:17:30 AM

Bitcoin isnt like fiat money,  aside from mining, its not inflationary and so bitcoins arent created as a result of a growing economy,  therefore it cant support interest rates. Investing bitcoins is thus generally stupid.  If you factor in even a small % of scams (in reality its a HUGE %), statistically investors will on average lose bitcoins, its inevitable.
bitcoin is inflationary as the supply of bitcoin will increase until the total number of mined bitcoin will reach 21,000,000. To say that "with the exception of mining" is like saying that fiat is not inflationary with the exception of QE
Ask yourself: where would you 'invest' your gold bullion ? Your apple shares?  Most places will charge you a fee to hold your gold or manage your stocks , instead of paying a return. Think the same way about your coins. They *are* your investment. Be happy they cost nothing to store securely.
You could potentially sell call options against your gold or apple shares. If you have very large amounts then you could lend them out to hedge funds (many mutual funds engage in this practice) in a very similar way that you would lend your bitcoin on bitfinex

Also nowadays most brokerage accounts are free and many have very low balance minimums to allow for even free trading
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:31:23 AM

bitcoin is inflationary as the supply of bitcoin will increase until the total number of mined bitcoin will reach 21,000,000. To say that "with the exception of mining" is like saying that fiat is not inflationary with the exception of QE

Absolutely not.  Its like saying gold is not inflationary with the exception of gold mining. If you cant tell the difference between mining and money creation as debt, do some reading.

You could potentially sell call options against your gold or apple shares. If you have very large amounts then you could lend them out to hedge funds (many mutual funds engage in this practice) in a very similar way that you would lend your bitcoin on bitfinex

High risk, low reward.
steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:59:37 AM

Absolutely not.  Its like saying gold is not inflationary with the exception of gold mining. If you cant tell the difference between mining and money creation as debt, do some reading.

High risk, low reward.

High risk, low reward.

only one rule to survive:
stay away from this type of investment

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:48:44 PM

just buy a cloud mining contract using your bitcoin and then you will get ROI in 5 or 6 months and then about 4,5 years next is youur profit i suggest you in bitcoincloudservice.com...
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

just buy a cloud mining contract using your bitcoin and then you will get ROI in 5 or 6 months and then about 4,5 years next is youur profit i suggest you in bitcoincloudservice.com...
That is a good way, but a lot of people argue against that, as most of the people are not able to recover there investments in the time for which these cloudmining websites last for.

oblixster

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:50:20 AM

I'd advice trying out a few "trusted" sites (nothing is 100% but those who have been around for some time), don't put everything in the same basket)) Think that might be more fun also Wink

caga

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:39:28 AM

I'd advice trying out a few "trusted" sites (nothing is 100% but those who have been around for some time), don't put everything in the same basket)) Think that might be more fun also Wink

I would advise against it, as doing this means you are splitting your investments. And incase one of your investments ends up gone, then overall profits would not be high enough to cover for that loss. Rather, it would be better to invest all in one site(the most trusted one). And always invest only what you can afford to lose.

noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:20:27 PM

you should hold is best! Wink or investing in bussiness! Kiss

Holding is definitely a good option at the current price. I doubt you would lose your investment in bitcoin if you hold for now.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:57:34 PM

BTCJam looks like a good option, I'll check that later...

Also buy&&keep it is another good option if you're confident about Bitcoin's future Smiley
Liddell

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:55:36 PM

@Puppet, I really appreciate the real good work you have been doing with the cloudmining scam busting thread of yours.

However why so pessimistic about any investmenrs within the btc ecosystem? To generalize them all as bad is kind of weird.
My understanding is both btcjam and bitlendingclub are legit companies moving headquarters to San Francisco, backed by legit accelerator programs ans VC money. 15-20% apr and 4-6% default rate sounds pretty good to me. I started playing with both of those platforms with 1% of my btc and have now slowly inceeased it to  ~5%.

However if there are legit concerns about them I'd definitelty like to know.
MultiDice

Activity: 322

We at MultiDice Treat You Like a Winner

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

We are looking for people like you. You can invest in MultiDice bankroll. We have just launched with the new code but we are not new to Bitcoin gambling. Please check out investment system.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:28:22 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 09:43:23 PM by Puppet

@Puppet, I really appreciate the real good work you have been doing with the cloudmining scam busting thread of yours.

However why so pessimistic about any investmenrs within the btc ecosystem? To generalize them all as bad is kind of weird.

Its not so weird if you've been around bitcoin for as long as I have. Out of many 100's, maybe 1000 IPO's and investment opportunities of all kinds, I recall only 1 that paid out substantially more btc than it raised (AM) and 1 that paid out a little more than it raised (satoshidice). The rest were all overpriced  mining contracts,  scams,  ponzi's, failed businesses or a mix of them that paid at best a fraction back of the money they raised.

This shouldnt be surprising either. There are fundamental reasons why investing btc doesnt make sense. Firstly, like gold, BTC is a commodity, it can not be created from debt like fiat money can. It doesnt matter how well the bitcoin economy does, it doesnt increase the number of bitcoins in circulation. So the bitcoins needed to pay interest rates arent created. Again, same as gold, you dont go investing gold either, because it makes as little sense. Secondly, unless basically all your business' costs and revenue are BTC denominated, borrowing BTC never makes sense, since you have no way of knowing just how much you are going to have to pay back. A shark loan would be less risky.

My understanding is both btcjam and bitlendingclub are legit companies moving headquarters to San Francisco, backed by legit accelerator programs ans VC money. 15-20% apr and 4-6% default rate sounds pretty good to me. I started playing with both of those platforms with 1% of my btc and have now slowly inceeased it to  ~5%.

I have not looked in depth at either, quite possibly the companies themselves might be legit,  but common sense dictates that lending BTC is going to be very risky at best. Im fairly certain scammers are currently borrowing and repaying to improve their trust or rating or whatever they use, until they can borrow enough to ake it worth running. Also Im quite curious to see what will happen to these platforms if/when BTC exchange rate goes ballistic again. How many will be unable to service their debt then?

My cold wallet over the years has increased in value by ~10000% and not a satoshi was ever lost. Why would you risk it all for another 1 or 5%? I dont get that.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

I agree that investing bitcoins is risky. Perhaps holding is the best investment you can make.
plasma1010

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

I agree that investing bitcoins is risky. Perhaps holding is the best investment you can make.

As in, buying BTC at the $300 range now and hoping it hits $1,000 again ?

Send me BTC if you enjoyed this post | 1LtTpCqbaXj548Pxvdy2VrE8JNa3zkcL3A
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:49:36 PM

I also agree that investing bitcoin is too risky.
But investing is always about taking risk.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
rsvoter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:54:46 PM

looking for this too Smiley
Panxora_COO

Activity: 563
Merit: 254

Chief Operating Officer of the Panxora Group

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:58:52 PM

If I might suggest www.firstglobalcredit.com
First Global Credit is the first company that recognizes the value of Bitcoins as an asset that can be used as margin to finance market trading. Your Bitcoins are not sold to go long or short a market, you maintain your position in Bitcoins and take a position in another market as well.
You can trade
  • stocks
  • stock market indices
  • Electronically Traded Funds (ETFs)
  • Gold, Silver and Palladium
There is a paper trading platform so you can get comfortable using the site. And in January we are offering commission free trading to introduce our new Active Trader Platform.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like further information?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████████▄████▄
▄███████████████▄██▀████▄
▄██████████▄███▄██▀███████▄
██████████▀██▄▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
██████████▄██▀▄▄██████████
▀███████▄██▀███▀██████████▀
▀████▄██▀███████████████▀
▀████▀████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
                                                ▄██▀
                                              ▄██▀

▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄    ▀██▄   ▄██▀  ▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄   ▄▄████▄▄
▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀█▄     ▀██▄ ▀▀   ▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀▀  ▄█▀    ▀█▄
██      ██  ██      ██  ██      ██       ███     ██      ██  ██         ██      ██
██▄    ▄█▀  ▀█▄    ▄██  ██      ██     ▄██▀ ▄▄   ▀█▄    ▄█▀  ██         ▀█▄    ▄██
██▀████▀▀    ▀▀████▀██  ██      ██   ▄██▀   ▀██▄  ▀▀████▀▀   ██          ▀▀████▀██
██                                 ▄██▀
██                               ▄██▀

https://panxora.io
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████████████▄████▄
  ▀████▀████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
caga

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:57:46 PM

If I might suggest www.firstglobalcredit.com
First Global Credit is the first company that recognizes the value of Bitcoins as an asset that can be used as margin to finance market trading. Your Bitcoins are not sold to go long or short a market, you maintain your position in Bitcoins and take a position in another market as well.
You can trade
  • stocks
  • stock market indices
  • Electronically Traded Funds (ETFs)
  • Gold, Silver and Palladium
There is a paper trading platform so you can get comfortable using the site. And in January we are offering commission free trading to introduce our new Active Trader Platform.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like further information?

Do you guys have a thread on the forum?
The only thread I could find was: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815039.0
with links removed.

Panxora_COO

Activity: 563
Merit: 254

Chief Operating Officer of the Panxora Group

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 09:04:43 PM

The link that was removed was to a story written about us on Coindesk. How bizarre that they thought it was a dangerous link. I need to start a thread, do not have one yet. Thank you for the suggestion.
Marcie

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████████▄████▄
▀████▀████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
                                                ▄██▀
                                              ▄██▀

▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄    ▀██▄   ▄██▀  ▄▄████▄▄    ▄▄████▄▄   ▄▄████▄▄
▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀█▄     ▀██▄ ▀▀   ▄█▀    ▀█▄  ▄█▀    ▀▀  ▄█▀    ▀█▄
██      ██  ██      ██  ██      ██       ███     ██      ██  ██         ██      ██
██▄    ▄█▀  ▀█▄    ▄██  ██      ██     ▄██▀ ▄▄   ▀█▄    ▄█▀  ██         ▀█▄    ▄██
██▀████▀▀    ▀▀████▀██  ██      ██   ▄██▀   ▀██▄  ▀▀████▀▀   ██          ▀▀████▀██
██                                 ▄██▀
██                               ▄██▀

https://panxora.io
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████████████▄████▄