Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation to repair relationship with community  (Read 5477 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

lol. Reading this. Nobody likes the foundation (myself included). How did they get there? Why do we have to honor them? If nobody likes them why does the community not distance itself from it? Are you not organised enough? Just start a campaign "i love bitcoin and i distance myself from the foundation" ... everyone will join that. Now what was that cake everyone got so excited about?

... just an idea ...

If you as a community are determined not to accept them, what can they do? Ignore you maybe? Can they? Are we that far yet?

basicaly its teh same shit with obama or whatever other politician. you dont have to care to be ruled.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

If the foundation wants to repair relationships, try doing something for the bitcoin users, not just for the bitcoin businesses. They can kick out KnCminer tomorrow and animosity may change.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:18:15 AM

this is a joke. how does people even buy all this soft communication crap?

Developing a sustainable business model so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

business model? lmao.
This is extremely dangerous thinking and comments.  It appears to indicate that Murck thinks he/the Foundation/Somebody should regulate the price of Bitcoin, instead of the market.
In turn in some fantasy world the community would appreciate this "service" that the BF has "provided."

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:22:50 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 01:18:03 AM by inBitweTrust

Developing a sustainable business model so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

business model? lmao.
This is extremely dangerous thinking and comments.  It appears to indicate that Murck thinks he/the Foundation/Somebody should regulate the price of Bitcoin, instead of the market.
In turn in some fantasy world the community would appreciate this "service" that the BF has "provided."

To be fair to him, I interpret his statement to mean:

Developing a sustainable business model (non profit charity model that is self sufficient) so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

All he is suggesting is that they are blowing through the reserves paying for 3 devs and need to have a sustainable charity. I would like devs to be funded by projects like lighthouse, day jobs, and through tips instead. I would prefer the funding to come from users directly rather than primarily business insiders(some of which are thieves)

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:37:10 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 01:42:47 AM by ThiagoCMC

Bitcoin Foundation means nothing.

They accept world class scammers like MercadoBitcoin.net, those bastards stolen from me and from my family, about X,XXX.YY Bitcoins.

What Bitcoin Foundation did? They love MercadoBitcoin.

So, they support criminals.

It is a shame.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:20:29 AM

The bitcoin space is full of immoral/shady greedy fucks... it really is sad. No one that puts themselves in a centralized position of power can be trusted. TBF are corrupt and they will do whatever is best to serve their own (greedy) interests.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

business model? lmao.
This is extremely dangerous thinking and comments.  It appears to indicate that Murck thinks he/the Foundation/Somebody should regulate the price of Bitcoin, instead of the market.

To be fair to him, I interpret his statement to mean:

Developing a sustainable business model (non profit charity model that is self sufficient) so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

All he is suggesting is that they are blowing through the reserves paying for 3 devs and need to have a sustainable charity. I would like devs to be funded by projects like lighthouse, day jobs, and through tips instead. I would prefer the funding to come from users directly rather than primarily business insiders(some of which are thieves)
I can see other interpretations of the comment exist, along the lines you suggest.

However, aren't they "blowing through the reserves" with the approximate $400-500K USD administrative and lobbying expense level per year, a lot of travel expenses, etc.,  instead of on development?
illymoka

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:55:44 AM

We hear things before the mainstream news does and are infinitely more informed Wink

Mm. Yeah, let's hope so.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

However, aren't they "blowing through the reserves" with the approximate $400-500K USD administrative and lobbying expense level per year, a lot of travel expenses, etc.,  instead of on development?

Yes, I believe so, but these people think that lobbying and working with regulators is a good thing for our community just like supporting developers. I don't necessarily agree, but they should be free to talk and meet with whomever they want if a certain percentage of the community supports these actions and others should be free to try and shine some light on the organization in order to inform the community as well.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:56:37 PM

Bitcoin Foundation means nothing.

They accept world class scammers like MercadoBitcoin.net, those bastards stolen from me and from my family, about X,XXX.YY Bitcoins.

What Bitcoin Foundation did? They love MercadoBitcoin.

So, they support criminals.

It is a shame.
They have never reprimanded or kicked any industry member out to my knowledge.

Including Mt. Gox....
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

lol. Reading this. Nobody likes the foundation (myself included). How did they get there? Why do we have to honor them? If nobody likes them why does the community not distance itself from it? Are you not organised enough? Just start a campaign "i love bitcoin and i distance myself from the foundation" ... everyone will join that. Now what was that cake everyone got so excited about?

... just an idea ...

If you as a community are determined not to accept them, what can they do? Ignore you maybe? Can they? Are we that far yet?

basicaly its teh same shit with obama or whatever other politician. you dont have to care to be ruled.

Yep, they are self-appointed rulers that were never elected and continue to subvert the law against their own citizenry for their own ends, despite this many people being against them they still claim control over us because they have access to the whitehouse and therefore a military/police force that can suppress us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: