Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation to repair relationship with community  (Read 5477 times)
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:04:07 PM

After Jon Matonis' resignation, the new Executive Director, Patrick Murck, acknowledges the need to repair relationship between foundation and community.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundations-new-head-patrick-murck-outlines-future-plans/

Notably, former general counsel Murck acknowledged a need to repair the foundation's relationship with the bitcoin community, even if that meant sometimes adopting unpopular or controversial positions on some issues, and taking risks with communication and transparency to demonstrate honest engagement.

Here's how to repair relationship: Disband the Foundation and distribute all funds to Core developers.

This Foundation is not needed for anything except as a centralized access gate for control by government. It is a waste of resources, contradicts the spirit of Bitcoin, and is a threat to the free development of the protocol.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

They lost me the day they let Brock Pierce crawl his way in

I remember this one circulating on Bitcointalk.   Mark Karpeles used to be on the foundation and all the photoshops / images about him were hilarious.  I like the ones where Karpeles is working at McDonalds and the other where he is holding a samurai sword.

personally my favourite ever.. Grin

ps: f#ck em foundation.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

Game on!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/clttx4a

I just took the time to read all the comments to date to see if a certain concern had been addressed, opting to not search the page.

Sadly, it had not, but at least I was amused with all the softball questions that I can't help myself from thinking some were contrived beforehand to control the narrative.

KnC Miner.

KnC Miner and The Bitcoin Foundation are on record in stating that the former paid the $100K USD fee to become a Platinum Member of TBF. TBF ONLY accepts memberships fees via a dedicated bitcoin wallet address, but said fee amount is nowhere to be found.

In spite of all the scuttlebutt on BitcoinTalk, TBF had yet to address concerns about said payment, in spite of such being an important issue at the time due to now/then KnC gaining unique voting rights for the then upcoming elections for vacated board seats in which Bobby Lee and Brock Pierce won.

Question: Where's the proof that KnC Miner truly did pay for their Platinum Member to join The Bitcoin Foundation, given that such is no state secret because bitcoins were supposed to be used and full-transparency is what TBF adheres to?

~Bruno Kucinskas

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/cltw3nv

Hi Bruno.

I double-checked and we sent KNC Miner an invoice via BitPay for $100,000 USD (Platinum Membership price), which they paid timely.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/cltxn70

That is great! Now, show us the tx on the blockchain, since such is going to be disclosed anyway come tax time, you might as well show us said proof now to quell further discontent.

Ask for proof, and receive a non-proof reply.

The Bitcoin Foundation has no problem disclosing multitudes of tx exceeding $100K but have yet provide the $100K payment from KnC Miner. At the very least, it's now implied that the supposed payment was remitted via bitcoins and NOT via a check, et al.

Surely, TBF is not trying to keep the BWA used from being uncovered fearing another tipped can o' worms causing a stampede, are they?

Feel free to chime in on TBF's AMA over on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:58:20 PM

After Jon Matonis' resignation, the new Executive Director, Patrick Murck, acknowledges the need to repair relationship between foundation and community.

Its difficult (impossible?) to repair a relationship with a community that doesn't want you to exist in the first place.

I personally believe the Bitcoin Foundation can, and already has, done things that were hugely important for Bitcoin's current level of success.

But many in this community think anything centralized is a breeding ground for corruption.
So they will waste insane amounts of energy looking for corruption.
Or simply pulling it out of their ass holes, if need be.

Given a situation like that, I don't know how worthwhile it would be to even try.  But I suppose its worth a shot.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:16:15 PM

It's about time!
All they did was ruin the Bitcoin decentralisaton image.
Its too late to repair relations, i hate "bitcoin foundation". Only doing harm to bitcoin, dissapear evil monsta!
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:23:46 PM

this is a joke. how does people even buy all this soft communication crap?

Developing a sustainable business model so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

business model? lmao.
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1572

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 10:13:39 PM

OK. Here's the link to the AMA session on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/

it has already ended. Haven't had a chance to read through it yet, I'm just about to start.

Heres the PhinnaeusGage Q and A:
Q:
I just took the time to read all the comments to date to see if a certain concern had been addressed, opting to not search the page.

Sadly, it had not, but at least I was amused with all the softball questions that I can't help myself from thinking some were contrived beforehand to control the narrative.

KnC Miner.

KnC Miner and The Bitcoin Foundation are on record in stating that the former paid the $100K USD fee to become a Platinum Member of TBF. TBF ONLY accepts memberships fees via a dedicated bitcoin wallet address, but said fee amount is nowhere to be found.

In spite of all the scuttlebutt on BitcoinTalk, TBF had yet to address concerns about said payment, in spite of such being an important issue at the time due to now/then KnC gaining unique voting rights for the then upcoming elections for vacated board seats in which Bobby Lee and Brock Pierce won.

Question: Where's the proof that KnC Miner truly did pay for their Platinum Member to join The Bitcoin Foundation, given that such is no state secret because bitcoins were supposed to be used and full-transparency is what TBF adheres to?

~Bruno Kucinskas

A:
Hi Bruno.

I double-checked and we sent KNC Miner an invoice via BitPay for $100,000 USD (Platinum Membership price), which they paid timely.

PhinnaeusGage:
That is great! Now, show us the tx on the blockchain, since such is going to be disclosed anyway come tax time, you might as well show us said proof now to quell further discontent.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

OK. Here's the link to the AMA session on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ldjk7/hello_rbitcoin_im_patrick_murck_executive/

it has already ended. Haven't had a chance to read through it yet, I'm just about to start.

Heres the PhinnaeusGage Q and A:
Q:

KnC Miner.

~Bruno Kucinskas

A:
Hi Bruno.

PhinnaeusGage:

Don't bother, for this is all that need to be known: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848276.0

Unless you're into...

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:53:50 PM

I worked there for 3 months.  I wanted to be the change.  The Foundation is full of delusion, the memberships are at an all time low, and the majority of the funds are used for paychecks and to fly people around.   Got married, went on a pre-approved honeymoon then was promptly let go as a scapegoat by the affiliate director who has no idea how bitcoin works.  I can't manage people with no direction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:57:57 PM

lol let's take something decentralized like Bitcoin and attach it to a "voice/spokesperson" (i.e. The Bitcoin Foundation), which is CENTRALIZED.

With all the scammers that exist it is a mistake to do that.

Especially if they are asking for funding from the community through "sponsorships".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:59:34 PM

The Bitcoin network is the REAL BITCOIN FOUNDATION.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

The Bitcoin network is the REAL BITCOIN FOUNDATION.

+1000 these guys just want to twist it. basterdz.
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:47:43 PM

Hard to understand why the bitcoin foundation exists really. 

Just another bitcoin scam.
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:41:06 AM

lol let's take something decentralized like Bitcoin and attach it to a "voice/spokesperson" (i.e. The Bitcoin Foundation), which is CENTRALIZED.

With all the scammers that exist it is a mistake to do that.

Especially if they are asking for funding from the community through "sponsorships".

Well there does need to be an available channel for people to be able to reliably learn about how Bitcoin works and to "sell" the features of bitcoin to potential adopters of bitcoin.

My major been with TBF is their lack of transparency. They are suppose to be promoting a currency that is very transparent however are not themselves transparent
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:33:42 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 04:07:55 AM by Spendulus

this is a joke. how does people even buy all this soft communication crap?

Developing a sustainable business model so that bitcoin's development isn't at the mercy of bitcoin price swings. This should also help align the Foundation's future with the value it is providing to the community.

business model? lmao.
From forward forecasting from their published financials, at current and projected BTC prices they are out of funds in less than two years.  Massive membership increases would be required to prevent this OR donations in the tune of millions of dollars.

So this is an attempt to broaden the base for survival of the paid employee base, eg the current business model.  Most non profits spend a considerable amount of time and effort fund raising, no particular reason to expect this one to be any different.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:33:32 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cody-wilson-plans-destroy-bitcoin-foundation/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

What support should I expect if I also chose to run to fill the other vacant seat, especially running on the same exact platform as Cody?

~Bruno Kucinskas
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

What support should I expect if I also chose to run to fill the other vacant seat, especially running on the exact same platform as Cody?

~Bruno Kucinskas

Both have my vote. Disbanding or breaking up the foundation would be a great thing as long as we supported the 3 devs they currently employ.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:07:26 PM

Not to sound like a jerk, but who cares about the Bitcoin Foundation?  Isn't the whole point of bitcoin so we don't have to deal with bureaucratic bullshit?  In my eyes, they're 100% totally irrelevant, and just created themselves a bunch of good paying jobs.

Hell with it, I'm starting Bitcoin Foundation 2.0 -- who's in?  If we play our cards right, we can all be making 7 figures within the next 12 months for not doing much except talking.  Cool deal, eh?

BFD = Bitcoin Foundation Dark

Shocked

LOL

Actually, it's TBF = The Big Farce
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:53:41 PM

lol. Reading this. Nobody likes the foundation (myself included). How did they get there? Why do we have to honor them? If nobody likes them why does the community not distance itself from it? Are you not organised enough? Just start a campaign "i love bitcoin and i distance myself from the foundation" ... everyone will join that. Now what was that cake everyone got so excited about?

... just an idea ...

If you as a community are determined not to accept them, what can they do? Ignore you maybe? Can they? Are we that far yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: