Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest more than you can afford to lose  (Read 6506 times)
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:56:59 PM

"Don't invest more than you can afford to lose". This is one of the better sentence that I've ever heard, but you have to consider that if investment is good, people will try to invest all of their goods because all people wants to be rich.
'Maybe' is just a concept, maybe that still does not happen. Invest more you can lose but you can still win a lot. So I do not think that's right, investing depends on us-the way we use them best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:14:44 PM

I cant lose nothing so i should invest nothing?
How much profit i might get with investing nothing?

Yes, Of course, that is common sense. You are like a philosopher. Why do want to invest if you won't lose anything? You know, try to invest a  small amount for it and then see the result of yours. Nothing will happen to if you wouldn't invest you bitcoin. I think it will double the value and you can get a high profit on it. Nothing's bad to try.
xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:16:24 PM

I believe in this quote and someone once said this to me as well, and I applied this in my everyday routine on not to invest more than you can afford to lose. It is the same with gambling or in trading bitcoin since it is very risky, to not spend more than what you earn. Because remember when you trade or especially if you gamble, once you lay off your money it is considered as nothing already so you have to be ready when you spend it or use it for trading.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:19:06 PM

I agree! As an investor, you should always consider on possibility that your investment has a corresponding risk. You must learn how to balance your investment portfolio and never use all of your money for your investment. Because you or any investment or financial or economical analysts will never know when financial crisis will happen. Yes, you may loose every investment you have if this happens. Which is why you should always consider it as gambling. That you must only bet the money you can afford to loose.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

This is a golden rule but.many forget it. Sometimes it's hard, you get emotional and you always think this is your big chance so if I invest more I will get more. Or even worse, when you are losing but still hoping the next time you will make profit. Sometimes it's similar to gambling so you always have to make rational decisions.

malaj
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:26:10 PM

That is the right thing to do as you never know what will happen to bitcoins in future and if you invest all your money in it and if bitcoin dies or gets replaced with any other currency then it will make you bankrupt for sure and you will left with nothing in your hands.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:29:54 PM

I think that people are afraid in losing that's why they say that don't invest more than you can afford to lose. I think that it is just a matter of risk taking. And also you will not learn something from it without trying and without the feeling of losing. I think that it is okay to invest more to know more. If you do lose, you will know after what makes you go wrong then you can now correct it. It is okay to try and not to know what will happen or might happen.
131tc01n

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:51:34 PM

I want to know what is the difference between investing with gambling ,?
Here investment is as if equated with gambling,
fathur.aza

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:54:42 PM

I never invested too big because I do not want to get the risk that makes me lose, do you dare invest with all your bitcoin Huh
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

I believe in this quote and someone once said this to me as well, and I applied this in my everyday routine on not to invest more than you can afford to lose. It is the same with gambling or in trading bitcoin since it is very risky, to not spend more than what you earn. Because remember when you trade or especially if you gamble, once you lay off your money it is considered as nothing already so you have to be ready when you spend it or use it for trading.

Well, i am doing trading with bitcoin and you know i never get anything lose even i am always in a profit.
But only with bitcoin, and i also doing altcoin trading, but in other crypto i get lose.
But also i remember that don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Although lose is mustily but we can adjust it into less lose. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:24:29 PM

Basically you're telling us to invest all we have into a cryptocurrency that still hasn't fully proven itself and has been around for 5 years.

I agree that people should invest, but everything into 1 commodity/currency is much too risky.

"Never put all your eggs in one basket"
In all aspect and type of investment you should always balanced what you saved and what you put as capital for you to have a back up holding if ever there is emergency or some changes on some tradings or investments. I agree that you should not take your all in a certain investment because you may end up on loading a lot than earning partially and I always suggest to have option on a form of investment in order to lessen every risk and to earn more.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:12:47 PM

That is the right thing to do as you never know what will happen to bitcoins in future and if you invest all your money in it and if bitcoin dies or gets replaced with any other currency then it will make you bankrupt for sure and you will left with nothing in your hands.
The saying is not really all about Bitcoin, but actually a general concept in investing, to invest only what one can afford to lose. Obviously for an investment to be profitable, an element of risk is always there, meaning that it is possible to lose at one time or the other, so one ought to be ready for a situation like that by investing only what they can afford to lose.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:26:23 PM

This is one of the basics of investing that newbies mostly ignore, they invest everything, like their savings and failed to see that they also need to have their money be liquadeted as fast a possible. For example if you happen to be in an accident, and all your savings are in investments, you will.not have emergency funds, that's why it is much better to invest extra cash you habe for the future, in that way you will be more secure
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:36:21 PM

Well, i am doing trading with bitcoin and you know i never get anything lose even i am always in a profit.
But only with bitcoin, and i also doing altcoin trading, but in other crypto i get lose.
But also i remember that don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Although lose is mustily but we can adjust it into less lose. 

How much are you trading?

I had lots of funds on BTC-e and lost it all when the government stopped them. I hope to get it back soon.
genocide

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:54:53 PM

I cant lose nothing so i should invest nothing?
How much profit i might get with investing nothing?

Yes, Of course, that is common sense. You are like a philosopher. Why do want to invest if you won't lose anything? You know, try to invest a  small amount for it and then see the result of yours. Nothing will happen to if you wouldn't invest you bitcoin. I think it will double the value and you can get a high profit on it. Nothing's bad to try.

If you want to profit from trading, you must be willing to take risks wether it is small or big. Trading requires an initial investment for you to make an exchange and it always bears a risk of losing your money if you are not able to manage it properly. It is actually very simple. If you are afraid to lose money, then trading is not for you. Just try another method to earn bitcoins because there are a lot of different ways to do so.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 11:58:21 PM

And you all lose the game that is life.

Enjoy your safe space.

Thread locked.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: