Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:39:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest more than you can afford to lose  (Read 6505 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:27:03 AM

Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Don't invest less than you can afford to lose.
Invest what you can afford to lose.

Once you have freed yourself from your materialistic desires, you'll find that you can afford to lose everything.

Unless you have a family that count on you. Then, neither Bitcoin nor Dollars mean shit. They're are just a means to provide for what is truly important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drugs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:30:32 AM

Invest everything you can afford to lose if you believe in cryptocurrency and hold. As others have stated don't expend more than you can care to lose and only if you believe in it.

I've personally dropped around $53k or 1/4 of my total wealth in it as my major investment. If i lose it all tomorrow i won't be poor or cry. But i do believe in it as a future technology. I'm holding eager to see what the future will hold (4+ years). If i do sell at any point it'll be to ride the waves to increase my current holding.

This is going to be big long term.

I think that's what most of us are here are hoping for. Obviously we can see the potential but does the rest of the world?
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

Invest everything you can afford to lose if you believe in cryptocurrency and hold. As others have stated don't expend more than you can care to lose and only if you believe in it.

I think it's about finding a balance and only investing what you are comfortable with once you've done the research. Investing in a money tree would be bad, but there is obviously massive potential for growth with btc but that doesn't mean it is foolproof.

Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 10:52:07 AM

Once you have freed yourself from your materialistic desires, you'll find that you can afford to lose everything.

Unless you have a family that count on you. Then, neither Bitcoin nor Dollars mean shit. They're are just a means to provide for what is truly important.

I wish as a society we could go back to a more basic time whilst still keeping the technology. I think if people sourced their own food locally and wern't duped into spending their money on shit we'd be in a better society all together.

Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:02:30 PM

I wish as a society we could go back to a more basic time whilst still keeping the technology. I think if people sourced their own food locally and wern't duped into spending their money on shit we'd be in a better society all together.

Why don't you do it then? You don't have to wait for the whole of society to join in. Many people live meeker lives and buy their food from local farmers etc or even grow their own.

Pierre11

Activity: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

I can't afford to lose what I'm invested in, I doubt anyone here can or else people would just invest $10 every month.

This is a calculated risk, I think the benefit outpaces the risks and costs of investing in bitcoin.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:24:16 PM

I'd have an incremental investment strategy if fiat to BTC transfers cost me less.... only really becomes worth it in chunks of $200 plus at the moment otherwise.

I wonder how successful a coin-op BTC vending machine would be...

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:12:52 AM

I can't afford to lose what I'm invested in, I doubt anyone here can or else people would just invest $10 every month.

This is a calculated risk, I think the benefit outpaces the risks and costs of investing in bitcoin.

Calculated risks are okay.
I don't think investing the proceeds from selling your house, or investing your college money in Bitcoin is a wise idea.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 05:28:37 PM

Did you invest more than you could afford to lose when the price was $325?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 10:32:49 AM

Did you invest more than you could afford to lose when the price was $325?

bump

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:03:25 AM

what you should invest is your extra money, so that when the value falls, it will just be ok, since it is not your savings, but when it goes up, the more money you will have, just keep in mind, buy low and sell high and always use your extra money not your savings, for you to have a win win situation.
Footmanred

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:18:50 AM

what you should invest is your extra money, so that when the value falls, it will just be ok, since it is not your savings, but when it goes up, the more money you will have, just keep in mind, buy low and sell high and always use your extra money not your savings, for you to have a win win situation.

Sometimes it is very difficult to predict when bitcoin will grow and when to fall. Many people bought bitcoin at a time when the price was over 2000 and their profits are now not very noticeable.
To start and invest, you must immediately set a goal. For example, the goal is not to sell coins for several years. This will keep many people nervous

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 11:31:57 AM

The investment decisions totally depends on the risk profile of the investors and some of them are aggressive investors and they take much higher risk as compared to that of others and on the other hand, there are investors who are emotionally not capable of bearing even a 1% loss so this advice is for those who fall under the second category as losing their capital will destroy them emotionally and might wipe out them from the trading forever.
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

investment is always good if you have your own saving money,if you borrow money from other or any type of taking loan that is not right decision.one more thing if you are doing job and taking loan and giving installment out of your family all expenses and not having a problem to give installment,then in that case this is good investment forever in your life.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
harjas2517

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:14:02 PM

I always agree with your statement that do not invest more than you can afford to loose but apart from this we also know those who took risks they always get succeed. In my opinion now invest in Bitcoin & forget that investment for another 5 years then you will see nice profit on your investment after 5 years.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:34:03 PM

I always agree with your statement that do not invest more than you can afford to loose but apart from this we also know those who took risks they always get succeed. In my opinion now invest in Bitcoin & forget that investment for another 5 years then you will see nice profit on your investment after 5 years.

This guy totally gets the point of this thread.

jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:35:20 PM

If you are earning just enough to get by, forget investing. What you should do is take online jobs that will pay you in bitcoins and that will serve as your first investment. In that way you don't have to think how much you will lose. Anybody who invested in to something experienced losses every now and then that's why it is considered a big risk if you are investing especially in bitcoin and even other kinds of investments.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:46:50 PM

Sometimes it is very difficult to predict when bitcoin will grow and when to fall. Many people bought bitcoin at a time when the price was over 2000 and their profits are now not very noticeable.
To start and invest, you must immediately set a goal. For example, the goal is not to sell coins for several years. This will keep many people nervous
Yes,investments in  bitcoin should be made in a long term  basis and not in a short term basis.Short term investments are suitable only for altcoins.Bitcoin has almost tripled in its price in the past six months.Bitcoin has always settled in a price more than the previous price.It has not given losses to its customers on a long term basis unless if they sell it due to panic for low prices.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:47:08 PM

When you are investing you must expect that your money can either grow or not. Because on investment proper, you are already taking the risk because you are expecting that upon investing you can gain or earn more than what you have. The assurance of gaining on investments is not yet visible unless you try and wait for feedback. But if you really want to assure that your money will grow without investing, you can join campaigns to earn without or the less visibilityof taking a risk so that you can lessen the possibility of losing on investments.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deanryanmartin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:51:14 PM

Or let me paraphrase: Invest what you can afford. A bitcoin investment is a risk. Every investment system is a risk. Therefore; it's up to you how far you're willing to go within your means. Investment won't make you rich tomorrow but it's a sure way to build better and smarter years after tomorrow.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: