Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altworld is Dead!  (Read 6800 times)
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

I'm not saying that the pump group is that it is correct. In fact, all of the coins are controlled by a pump group or some man. Here is a list of puppeteers - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830072.0  But at least they risk their money! And what risks fraudster developer with the aid of the ICO? Nothing! you're just an idiot and do not understand what I write - you threw out of the window into the street and die on the ground

Registered in 2011 and still on a troll forum section like this..Huh  you should have had enough bitcoins now to stop writing bullshit like that..

you are such a loser, reg in 2011 and still pumping shitcoins.. lol

Do not worry about me - I feel normal in the crypto world. Better to take care of yourself. And do not forget that the litecoin is a best shitcoin in the world  Grin
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:54:06 PM

It's sad because there's so much potential in alt's, but it's the people scamming/running them into the ground.  Sure some coins have more promise than others which is great, though these are the more stagnant ones.  It seems if you wanna make money in alt's, you pretty much have to invest in coins that are on the move...which are usually scam coins (be it short or long term).  Jump into the ocean while whales are playing and hope you come up on top!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:13:58 PM

monero coin is fair, unlike scam ico.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

Bittrex killed altcoins IMO.

At least Mintpal only added one or so scamcoins per week.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

I wish if I would get only one bitcent every time when someone declaring "Altworld" dead... Smiley.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:13:29 PM

I wish if I would get only one bitcent every time when someone declaring "Altworld" dead... Smiley.

A lottocoin cent or a bitcoin cent?

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:21:23 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 04:41:08 PM by V500

yeah, go buy Franko. See if that makes profit next decade  Roll Eyes

Compared to the flashmines and 100% ico-distributed coins of 2014 the fair-launch-coins of 2013 look as clean as Mother Theresa. Calling a coin that takes a full year to mine 70% a 'risky fastmine' is a joke these days, sorry.

Text is interesting and generally good quality but nothing i would fully agree with for all listed coins. The author seems to think bitcoins inflation is ok when in reality the halving takes too long and the long intervals and high inflation make it volatile and in turn slow down adoption and make the price perform bad. Bitcoins mining-schedule is not the non-plus-ultra best you can get is what i think. That would be a topic for an extra discussion though since there's a lot to say about that.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 04:23:02 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 04:55:17 PM by First.Bitcoins

I would add AppleByte to this list. The coin is six months old, is in the top 100 (#69) on coinmarketcap.com. The price has grown consistently with no pump & dumps. We have a real user community (90% have never used a crypto before). The Devs have been public, known by their real names and could be reached directly from day one. We just posted a six month report on our progress in another thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is a copy of that post:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year.  
Yesterday we started trading on Bittrex. We have been traded on Poloniex since launch. Here is today's chart:

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmc<at>applebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:04:24 PM

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

Bitcent. Bitcoin cent -> 0.01 BTC. Thanks to good got rid of my CENTs long time ago Smiley.
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:07:31 PM

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

Bitcent. Bitcoin cent -> 0.01 BTC. Thanks to good got rid of my CENTs long time ago Smiley.

The new dev got the wallet working again, and Cryptsy has reopened the CENT market. The price is starting to go back up now.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/CENT_XRP
erre
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:09:28 PM

Or maybe you are speaking about CENT  (pennyes). Guy, I have like a million of them, if you want one everytime someone say " altworld dead"  just let me know  Wink

The new dev got the wallet working again, and Cryptsy has reopened the CENT market. The price is starting to go back up now.

I suppose that's because they are as dead as other altcoins nowdays.. tanks for the info, let's see if I made some btc.

Edit: dosen't seem like cent market has reopened

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

Against XRP it isn't too difficult to gain traction Smiley. I'd wait until it gets back at least to the LTC market.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

i cant believe we are all dead  Huh

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:48:17 PM

There are so many alt coins, even ones with good potential get drowned out because in the end you can just use bitcoin. I think the only cryptocoin that isn't 100% speculative object is btc, it's actually also used for payments for real-life stuff.

biggus dickus

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

Against XRP it isn't too difficult to gain traction Smiley. I'd wait until it gets back at least to the LTC market.

They seem to have replaced the XPM market with XRP markets for all the cheap shit. They say buy at the bottom and sell at the top, so it's probably best to sell if it CENT ever hits the LTC market. I'd rather buy CENT now while it's still down there with all the cheap shit.
erre
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:55:09 PM

Ok, right. One year ago, I paid my 1.1 million cents something like 0.12 litecoin. Litecoin was 0.25 btc.

Now my cents are worth 0.73 xrp, 1 xrp is 0.000012 btc and 1 litecoin is 0.11 btc.

Good luck investing in altcoins, mine all lost +90% of the value.

biggus dickus

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:02:03 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 10:47:27 AM by biggus dickus

Ok, right. One year ago, I paid my 1.1 million cents something like 0.12 litecoin. Litecoin was 0.25 btc.

Now my cents are worth 0.73 xrp, 1 xrp is 0.000012 btc and 1 litecoin is 0.11 btc.

Sorry about that. Almost everything I bought last Christmas has lost at least +90% of the value too. I made a mistake investing at peak prices rather than the lowest prices. The way I see it is if bitcoin continues to fall in price the alts will fall even faster. On the other hand if bitcoin has hit the bottom and starts rising then the alts will rise faster.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

They seem to have replaced the XPM market with XRP markets for all the cheap shit. They say buy at the bottom and sell at the top, so it's probably best to sell if it CENT ever hits the LTC market. I'd rather buy CENT now while it's still down there with all the cheap shit.

To be honest I don't think it will ever climb back even to the LTC market.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:25:31 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 12:42:57 AM by V500

there is one coin - and i mean exactly only this one coin that did not loose shit all year. See my signature. I am holding that since a full year. Did not loose a penny. Uno is the only freakin' coin that did hold strong while other coins were loosing up to 99,9%

Uno was all year 2$
Now is between 2,50$ and 3,50$ and will continue to rise. ATH is 53$ and we will break that next year again.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:38:36 AM

Not top 100 yet, but my personal Main-Invest: Neoscoin

+1

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: