Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altworld is Dead!  (Read 6800 times)
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:22:14 PM

Altcoins are not dead but it's hard to get rich quick from those (except if you are a good developer with a real talent in marketing)...

People have been thinking that crypto-history can repeat itself through an altcoin but the reality is that pretty much everything is pegged to the fate of bitcoin...
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:01:06 PM

I dont think altworld is dead. There are lots of features that while they won't likely be adopted in the coins that create them, they do contribute to the overall potential of crypto

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:07:15 PM

of course. 95% of coins are greedy and unclean.

The altcoins i found to be clean or reasonably clean (no premine, no scam, open source, good history, active community, legit crypto and no doubts about it) in Top 100 are:

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

i think those are the ones that will survive for longer time. Possible i forgot a hand full of coins. The list is my personal conclusion based on own research. Others may disagree.
The majority especially the greed/ripoff/unfair-coins will have a hard time. It is no problem for me since i was investing in ethical coins only all the time.
All this shenangians we see currently is not of interest to me and won't affect the legit coins i am holding. In fact the legit coins will benefit from it.

hahah these coins are finished, btw vert coin and reddcoin also pulled some scam in the beginning, these cons are just you holding fag. Also all these shenanigans are being pulled by bitcoin and litecoin supporters aswell, they are the veterans of trolling other coins

Since getting involved with cryptocurrency, Bitcoin has always been the goto.  Dogecoin is the ALT that got me involved and seems to beopne of the only strong alts with aw community to support it... Also decent merchant interation.  And Vericoin, the team behind the coin seem to actually care and work towards mainstream adoption..

I see strong alts as marketing for Bitcoin in the end. But I have faith in Dogecoin and VRC as well. Sometimes it seems counterproductive to be marketing new ALT coins with all these features when nobody understands bitcoin.  Alt's seem to appeal to daytraders and the niche market of those already bitcoin ready.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:28:39 AM

The altcoins i found to be clean or reasonably clean (no premine, no scam, open source, good history, active community, legit crypto and no doubts about it) in Top 100 are:

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

i think those are the ones that will survive for longer time. Possible i forgot a hand full of coins. The list is my personal conclusion based on own research. Others may disagree.
The majority especially the greed/ripoff/unfair-coins will have a hard time. It is no problem for me since i was investing in ethical coins only all the time.
All this shenangians we see currently is not of interest to me and won't affect the legit coins i am holding. In fact the legit coins will benefit from it.

hahah these coins are finished, btw vert coin and reddcoin also pulled some scam in the beginning, these cons are just you holding fag. Also all these shenanigans are being pulled by bitcoin and litecoin supporters aswell, they are the veterans of trolling other coins

I mined VTC since block one. It had a 3rd largest traded volume few days ago. Switching algo, fair distribution, close to 0% premine. Welcome to my ignore list.

ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:31:26 AM

pump and dumps of 2014 were inevitable in an unregulated environment.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:33:44 AM

Clamcoins doing fine!

If you had BTC, LTC or DOGE May 12th 2014 you have free clam that you can dump into the market or save/treasure!

http://www.coinssource.com/just-dice-re-opens-after-regulations-now-accepting-clams/#

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:33:13 AM

alt coins are dumped lower from anybody expected, it's too risky, better to not holding ltc and other alt coins now

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:34:36 AM

btc is turning into a shitcoin.

NXT and/or NEM will rule the roost soon.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:17:27 AM

I second this opinion
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:37:30 AM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and it will be a king.  Smiley
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:47:28 PM

yep I'm sure the market is at its peak nobody even notices any of the coins being launched these days.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:53:13 PM

you guys think NXT/NEM will ever be worth anything like what BTC is now?!

highly doubtful imho

They'll be worth more than btc ever was
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:55:20 PM

highly doubtful imho

no chance. nobody mainstream has ever heard of that crap - let alone used it/invested in it.  anonymous devs don't fit in anymore.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

highly doubtful imho

no chance. nobody mainstream has ever heard of that crap - let alone used it/invested in it.  anonymous devs don't fit in anymore.

btc is on the way out.  It's awesome that you got in early.  It's not though that you're staying late.  Cheesy
BitcoinBoost

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:59:49 AM

I own a large amount of Y crypto.  Y will go to the moon.  I just saved everyone the trouble.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:21:24 AM

highly doubtful imho
NEM is just a clone of nxt, it's worth nothing.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:33:41 AM

highly doubtful imho
NEM is just a clone of nxt, it's worth nothing.

Unfortunately no. NEM has 3 synchronization patterns if you don't understand this then I do not blame you. It can also be integrated easily into web services. NXT is very good too.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:43:21 AM

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

I mined VTC since block one. It had a 3rd largest traded volume few days ago. Switching algo, fair distribution, close to 0% premine. Welcome to my ignore list.

Ya man, VTC down 95% since June... but SO MUCH WIN, baby...
The Devs have obviously achieved historic milestones in the race for Artificial Stupidity.

Maybe Monero/HYP bagholders can teach the VTC bagholders how to build a proper Hall of Fame...
Make lemonade from your coin's Death Spiral as it approaches escape velocity, Your Holy Dudeness.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

If you guys had BTC, LTC or DOGE on May 12th 2014 then you have free CLAMS that you can dump. Over 0.01 btc for each good address.

See my signature for details.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:09:22 PM

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

It says on reddit that reddcoin had a 5% premine that was sold in an IPO.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/1xuaqx/to_those_who_believe_reddcoin_is_a_scam/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: