Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are the most trustworthy Bitcointalk users?  (Read 6330 times)
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:48:23 AM by 2dogs

I know he's gone missing a few times only to return (much) later to release escrows.
I dont know if he ended up running away with any, but Id assume he didnt. At least not that I know off. Point remains though.

John has not disclosed ID on a scammer he vetted;  I would not "trust" him.

I agree with the others:  Don't trust anyone.
Loophole

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:24:56 AM

I agree with the others:  Don't trust anyone.

That spirit is right, but when you engage in a deal, you either have to trust the counter-party or trust a third-party escrow. If the "trust no one" strategy is taken strictly, there will be very little trades in bitcoin.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:23:25 PM

I know he's gone missing a few times only to return (much) later to release escrows.
I dont know if he ended up running away with any, but Id assume he didnt. At least not that I know off. Point remains though.

John has not disclosed ID on a scammer he vetted;  I would not "trust" him.

PM'ed to ask about that - I might have missed the requests when I was gone.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 11:38:53 AM

No Offense : "Don't Trust anyone" is just a false word. You always have to trust someone. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:32:51 PM

No Offense : "Don't Trust anyone" is just a false word. You always have to trust someone. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~
Of course - can we say trust has to be earned by the trustee?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:49:38 PM

John has not disclosed ID on a scammer he vetted;  I would not "trust" him.

PM'ed to ask about that - I might have missed the requests when I was gone.

And clarified - I do not hold the ID of the person meant here although I held the escrow for the person's completed group buy last year. (Collateral in the form of shares were held instead)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:00:43 AM

~~MZ~~

Some times people trust certain users too much.

People tend to click on links from "trusted" members without thinking.

Any account can get hacked and start to spread virus links.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:41:11 AM

I agree with the others:  Don't trust anyone.

That spirit is right, but when you engage in a deal, you either have to trust the counter-party or trust a third-party escrow. If the "trust no one" strategy is taken strictly, there will be very little trades in bitcoin.

I actually think that's becoming a genuine problem now because users are so paranoid that they aren't going to even bother taking the risks with people who haven't even had done a successful trade even though they've been here for years ( Like me lol ) I'm not saying of course blindly throw money at them, take proper precautions with escrow services as that's the best way but not everybody out there is a scammer. It's like being afraid of going outside, if you actually take into account all the shit that can happen to you you'd get too scared to go out, but a lot of us don't even bother thinking about that and just do it anyway because otherwise we wouldn't get anything done.

Any account can get hacked and start to spread virus links.

That very thing happened recently with Vod and he warned people about it.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:00:23 AM

I dont really need to trust anyone in here so I dont really look at it that way. I mean, I absolutely do not trust Icebreaker, but I like him and enjoy his input. I read his posts and make my decisions from there. He's quite clear about his opinions, which I like because I know where he's coming from and I can read between his biases as well as my own.

Yes, users who I like are more important than users who I trust, because I basically trust no one.

There are plenty users who I do not like, but that has to do with thier netiquite and attitude, not thier trustworthiness.

I do not want to put myself in a position where I am acting on the amount of trust I diegn to grant to a stranger. I suppose in many ways I already have; Ken Slaughter took me for a few BTC and Friedcat has a few more, labcoin took a couple too. But I realized these were huge risks and I went in despite this. Gambling is what it was, and I got burnt (hoping AM and Friedcat pull me through  Tongue ) I dont think I ever trusted any of them, I just thought (foolishly) why not give it a shot and I might be pleasantly surprised. I never put out more than I could afford to lose so I'm ok. Trust never really entered into the equation.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:36:05 PM

I trust Pirateat40 and Mark Karpeles. I'd send BTC to them all day, every day.

On a more serious note, trust is relative. Someone trustworthy to you may not be trustworthy to others. There's huge variance as well since there are just so many members on here, and no one has extensively dealt with everyone.

tomatocage, haploid, dannyhamilton, loureed.
I'm surprised to see my name mentioned  Cool

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:32:24 AM

Does nobody remember TF? Huh
And do not trust the staff just because of their titles, keep in mind that they are regular users that were recruited by theymos because of their helpfulness in posts, not because of their worthiness.  There was a staff member that was a lier, got demoted back to a regular user... Darkwingx or something, I can't remember.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:53:09 AM

Vod & Tomatocage are by far the most trustworthy on this forum and the Bitcoin community.

Trololol

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:59:42 AM

There was a staff member that was a lier, got demoted back to a regular user... Darkwingx or something, I can't remember.

xDeathwing, ex-Turkish board moderator. I don't judge him, he made a silly mistake and paid for it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:00:03 AM

There was a staff member that was a lier, got demoted back to a regular user... Darkwingx or something, I can't remember.

xDeathwing, yeah.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:22:00 AM

FWIW, for some strange reason, I think Con is the only dude I trust on here.

I can't explain why.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:48:55 AM

Does nobody remember TF? Huh
And do not trust the staff just because of their titles, keep in mind that they are regular users that were recruited by theymos because of their helpfulness in posts, not because of their worthiness.  There was a staff member that was a lier, got demoted back to a regular user... Darkwingx or something, I can't remember.

xDeathwing didn't really scam anyone, some newbie posted a very suspiciously looking exe, he said something like "I'll bet you 5 BTC it's a virus".

Apparently it wasn't a virus, but back then edit history wasn't saved. So the OP could have swapped out the malware exe with a non-virus exe and then tried to claim the 5 BTC.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

I can't explain why.

What about that guy who gave you a 100% refund on a delayed deal, before you even had to ask, I'm sure he deserves some love Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:56:00 PM

I can't explain why.

What about that guy who gave you a 100% refund on a delayed deal, before you even had to ask, I'm sure he deserves some love Cheesy

Because swinging your dick at another dick gets positive results. Seems like someone missed an opportunity at self improvement here.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 03:42:15 PM

I trust a couple of guys I use for escrow often..
TomatoCage and OgNasty - I trust them not because of their reputation, but because I have used them many times and they have earned my trust.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

Because swinging your dick at another dick gets positive results.
I would hope http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html is positive results, considering what has come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: