Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:51:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what's going to happen now that we know the truth about XC/Blocknet?  (Read 2921 times)
Marlo Stanfield (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:44:44 AM

Dan said he wasn't involved with Halcyon:
Dan said he was not the Halcyon dev nor did he write any of it's code.
Do you or do you not have any evidence he did?

If you do just come out in a straightforward manner and show what this evidence is?

All you did was come out with another rambling post.
What you did not do was provide any evidence that Dan lied.

Prometheus said in the chatlogs that Dan was the dev of hal and promotheus do not deny the chatlogs. So Dan lied.

This is exactly what people need to realize.

The chatlogs are real according to Prometheus' statement.  Which means Dan lied.  Or an alternative would be that Prometheus lied about Dan being the dev of Hal.  But that would be inconsistent with Dan's statement claiming that Prometheus is "ethical".  And besides, why would Prometheus need to lie about Dan being the dev of Hal anyways?  What could he possibly gain from that?

So the logical conclusion:  Dan lied.

Anyone see any other inconsistencies?

What I find interesting about the entire debacle is how angry people are at the truth coming out as "organized FUD"

Like it's our responsibility to spin it in a good light.  No one is angry at Dan for being at the least an absolute moron (highly unlikely) or probably a borderline scammer.

They are angry at us for openly discussing it.

IMO after bittrex offers the buywall people are going to unload the blocknet down to the point where it's under the target fund raising goal (I believe bittrex had about 1/3 of the total sales?)

This situation has lowered my faith in humanty a little...

This is a new level of cognitive dissonance. These people are being abused by these puppet masters and no matter what comes out they all stick to the same script of: "FUD!", "Cheap XC nom nom", "Dan's one of crypto's best!".

I imagine Prometheus, Dan and Synechist laughing at the lemmings as they cash out all their money.

I mean, just read Prometheus' twitter for a short history of everything that's wrong with the altcoin world. Anyone who wants to be involved with such people as an outsider buying up the shit they sell is a sad deluded individual.

At least with Prometheus he doesn't really hide it. He's been fairly straight up, never denied the logs that were obviously true despite all the XC people shouting photoshop. Everyone already knows what Prometheus does. There are many others like him. Some people just follow along and try to not be the greater fool that gets dumped on. But all these people here have convinced themselves that these people actually have their best interests at heart and it's a bit sickening to see.

They are the predators and everyone else who buys in to their schemes are the prey.
Marlo Stanfield (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:58:46 AM

If you do just come out in a straightforward manner and show what this evidence is?

Yeah, Dan has been trying to twist words from the beginning. RichardT's post sums it up.

It's possible that Dan didn't write any code himself for HAL. But that wouldn't be surprising as he outsources what appears to be a large amount of his work. He also could have designed their anon solution on paper and had someone else code it. Prom said that he was the one who came up with the general idea behind it.

So if you think Dan being this close to HAL and Prom wasn't one of the people pumping it, dumping it, and then leaving all the bagholders high and dry you're naive.

We're never going to know all the specific details of who owned what, who was paid for what, and who coded what. But the writing is on the wall.

Everyone knew the implications of that chat coming out. That's why every XC support was calling bullshit on it from the start. But now that it's known to be true, magically XC people accept it! Oh, no big deal guys. We always knew Dan "one of crypto's best" was involved with the seedy underside of professional pump groups.

It's always been obvious that XC was never a good project run by ethical people. But reading the thread there were many, many XC holders who honestly believed that XC was some how different and 'above' all the altcoin bullshit that goes on. Some of them have probably woken up. Others are still deluding themselves hoping that the pump groups will save them by pumping their bags one last time so they can get out.

Altcoins are the purest form of capitalism where those at the top create a structure that funnels the money from all the less connected, less informed, and in some cases the simply less intelligent people. Some people like this, other people think they're at the top when they're really just the ones getting dumped on time and time again because they don't know any better.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 09:19:35 PM by RichardT

Well, I know for a fact that a number of their supporters have come to a realization and have ended their support.  But as long as there are enough brainwashed people left to support them and people willing to be a part of their unethical behavior, there's really no stopping it.  Unless of course some authorities get involved.  But in the world of crypto, I don't really see that happening.  It's quite a shame.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

Well, I know for a fact that a number of their supporters have come to a realization and have ended their support.  

Hopefully more people will read this article and realize the truth of the situation  Wink

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chronology-of-the-smear-campaign-against-the-blocknet

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:47:00 PM

Well, I know for a fact that a number of their supporters have come to a realization and have ended their support.  

Hopefully more people will read this article and realize the truth of the situation  Wink

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chronology-of-the-smear-campaign-against-the-blocknet

That article was not written by jdebunt btw. He stated it was supposed submitted via email as an official response. Notice the guest author.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:02:58 PM

Yeah, Dan has been trying to twist words from the beginning. RichardT's post sums it up.

It's possible that Dan didn't write any code himself for HAL. But that wouldn't be surprising as he outsources what appears to be a large amount of his work. He also could have designed their anon solution on paper and had someone else code it. Prom said that he was the one who came up with the general idea behind it.

So if you think Dan being this close to HAL and Prom wasn't one of the people pumping it, dumping it, and then leaving all the bagholders high and dry you're naive.

We're never going to know all the specific details of who owned what, who was paid for what, and who coded what. But the writing is on the wall.

Everyone knew the implications of that chat coming out. That's why every XC support was calling bullshit on it from the start. But now that it's known to be true, magically XC people accept it! Oh, no big deal guys. We always knew Dan "one of crypto's best" was involved with the seedy underside of professional pump groups.

It's always been obvious that XC was never a good project run by ethical people. But reading the thread there were many, many XC holders who honestly believed that XC was some how different and 'above' all the altcoin bullshit that goes on. Some of them have probably woken up. Others are still deluding themselves hoping that the pump groups will save them by pumping their bags one last time so they can get out.

Altcoins are the purest form of capitalism where those at the top create a structure that funnels the money from all the less connected, less informed, and in some cases the simply less intelligent people. Some people like this, other people think they're at the top when they're really just the ones getting dumped on time and time again because they don't know any better.

Another long rambling post but still no EVIDENCE that Dan lied.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:06:28 PM

Prometheus said in the chatlogs that Dan was the dev of hal and promotheus do not deny the chatlogs. So Dan lied.

This is exactly what people need to realize.

The chatlogs are real according to Prometheus' statement.  Which means Dan lied.
What lie did he tell. None of you seem to know what lie was told though you're all sayinga lie was told.

Or an alternative would be that Prometheus lied about Dan being the dev of Hal.
Ok...so Dan lied...but he didn't lie. Which one is is it? Can you make up your mind.   Roll Eyes 
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Dan Metcalf is done in crypto. Harakiri. And it is a good thing for crypto. A very good thing.

Prom and bob surplus though still have ways to go, unfortunately . But their going just got way tougher.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:41:07 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 10:54:07 PM by adhitthana

Dan Metcalf is done in crypto. Harakiri. And it is a good thing for crypto. A very good thing.
That's always possible, but I'm not so sure.
The thing is that for any crypto technology to really makes it's mark it won't depend upon what happens on this forum.
I mean , anyone can join this forum, and post what ever nonsense they like, but  that is hardly going to have any long term effect on whether something like the Blocknet is successful.

I don't think people realise how big something like the blocknet could be. IBM does, but of course their version will have an NSA backdoor  Wink
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:54:13 PM

That article was not written by jdebunt btw. He stated it was supposed submitted via email as an official response. Notice the guest author.

Irrelevant though  It's a decent balanced article that tells the whole story and shows all evidence of both sides.  People can read it and make their own mind up.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:01:17 PM

Irrelevant though  It's a decent balanced article that tells the whole story and shows all evidence of both sides.  People can read it and make their own mind up.

It was written by the pr guy from blocknet/xc . So it's balanced based on his opinnion. It's not written by an impartial journalist reviewing facts.

It's not even what happened at all. You are blaming an entire coin and it's community for a "calculated" attack against you.

Which once again is not proven.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:03:30 PM

Haha!  It's so impressive how a community that has been such an echo chamber expects us to ignore evidence and proof in favor of their unfounded accusations.

It's weird to me how these news outlets release news on XC on features the dev claims but doesn't open source for review so it can't be independently verified.   Maybe that's just the untrusting cynic in me
UnicornFarts

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:05:41 PM

i always love the way you have with words Unicorn.. i couldn't have said it better myself !

Listen to this guy people.
If you have trouble with long winded rants this your guy for quicker concise summaries like a fucking boss LOL

I gotta go paddle the Rio Grande for a week.  Don't let Em get away with anything.

Always an honor to be complemented by the truth fudder in chief!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:45:24 AM

Hopefully more people will read this article and realize the truth of the situation  Wink

Irrelevant though  It's a decent balanced article that tells the whole story and shows all evidence of both sides.  People can read it and make their own mind up.

they made a new 2nd story on Blocknet because i tore their first one to fucking shreds LOL

your scamming here pushing lies and bullshit period.

the little cunt cooked up a scam for a million dollars and that was pushing it too far..
and THAT led to a domino effect of people digging and finding dirt.
THAT is the fucking truth !

since then it's been damage control mode for the loser so he can get his million dollar pay check for scratching his ass on coin number 40 for him..

hey Dan where is my lawsuit big mouth ?
that prick said many times here he was going to sue me because i postulated he may in fact be Promethues.
is that lawsuit worthy ?

and no matter how many times i ask for an update on the matter the little coward won't answer me.. where is my lawsuit scammer ? how is that going ?

a one time lump payment of $900,000.00 cash usd worth of BTC to your Bitcoin account on 4pm Tuesday Nov. 8th 2014 will make a guy do and say all kinds of things Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Marlo Stanfield (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:48:02 PM

Spoetnik,

Did you know someone deleted my post that apologized to you for calling you a troll?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Spoetnik's wild trolling ?

OP your an idiot and full of shit.

Okay, sorry. Troll was probably overboard.

You did post a lot of things. But sometimes you start going off if wild directions and then the XC people use that as evidence that everything is just made up. Like when you start talking about how Dan is Prom and Wolong it takes away from the main issue of the lies and deception that's been going on.

Some mod here definitely has something against you I think.

Either way, I think your intentions are good and that you don't want people to be scammed. Even if you're often off the mark.

I picture you sitting there all day with a two-four of beer and a pack of smokes trying to save people from losing money on alts. Heh heh Cheesy
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

Spoetnik,

Did you know someone deleted my post that apologized to you for calling you a troll?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Spoetnik's wild trolling ?

OP your an idiot and full of shit.

Okay, sorry. Troll was probably overboard.

You did post a lot of things. But sometimes you start going off if wild directions and then the XC people use that as evidence that everything is just made up. Like when you start talking about how Dan is Prom and Wolong it takes away from the main issue of the lies and deception that's been going on.

Some mod here definitely has something against you I think.

Either way, I think your intentions are good and that you don't want people to be scammed. Even if you're often off the mark.

I picture you sitting there all day with a two-four of beer and a pack of smokes trying to save people from losing money on alts. Heh heh Cheesy

ya i seen that and i think they did it because i was swearing.. which is not a rule i thought considering it's permitted all over.
and it was not directed at you but all the people who spend their days hanging out here screaming i am a Troll every damn day !
i don't come here to troll i said.. millions of time snow like a broken record.
i come to talk coins.
How the hell would you guys feel if people beat on your rep 24/7 for a year and a half to the point where mods on chat boxes
won't even treat you fairly because they say you deserve it when Pricks follow you around calling you a troll ?
like fuck.. i can't say a thing with out being called a troll and fudder for christ sakes.
it's really getting old..
i am going to stand up for myself every time because that is what honest people do.. if i was trolling i'd prob be quiet lol

why ? because people don't like something i said.. the only one with a smear campaign against him is me not that whiny scammer Dan.
and i have had to put up with it for a year and half now easily.

FUD first & ask questions later™
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:00:40 PM

Am i the only one who thinks "Dan Metcalf" doesn´t even exist...?

UnicornFarts

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:50:06 PM

I would agree with you but he went to a bitcoin on the beltway with fibonacci/Jason Hudgens and there are pictures of him there representing XC

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=lXFaVISBAYmhNrOegYgL&url=http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFCpQ58iL-xAbLCka_IzW0HOwe_Mg&sig2=p2c28I4CJ5gut_Cx5o-mQQ
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:04:42 AM

I would agree with you but he went to a bitcoin on the beltway with fibonacci/Jason Hudgens and there are pictures of him there representing XC

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=lXFaVISBAYmhNrOegYgL&url=http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFCpQ58iL-xAbLCka_IzW0HOwe_Mg&sig2=p2c28I4CJ5gut_Cx5o-mQQ

Sure; but there are also pictures from Alex Green aka Ryan Gentle aka Ryan Kennedy who supposedly worked for some big bank security but couldn´t even get a mining pool running Wink And we all know how that ended. If you know what i mean...

ProfX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:16:52 AM

Sure; but there are also pictures from Alex Green aka Ryan Gentle aka Ryan Kennedy who supposedly worked for some big bank security but couldn´t even get a mining pool running Wink And we all know how that ended. If you know what i mean...

nope, Dan can't code at all, he's also prometheus and part of a pump and dump group. I heard his companies he runs, they aren't even real. And I saw a picture of his wife and kids, Pookie said they were hired actors all payed off to make it seem like he was a family man so it must be true. I also read that Dan was secretly involved in the NSA, thats why he made XC to spy on everyone!!! Oh and his real son is also going through hormone replacement therapy because he wants to be a girl!!! Ahahahah omg can u believe that guys!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: