Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] my coinbase bitcoins have disappeared, has anyone had this or can help me  (Read 1458 times)
jrs99 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:18:30 PM

I signed in to my coinbase account today to find that I had no bitcoins in my wallet (I should have just over 0.5BTC). Also all of my transaction logs and btc address have disappeared. The block chain shows no withdraws either that would suggest theft or hacking but there are some withdrawals I am not familiar with.
My bitcoin address is: 1BXV9jyNft5daydBxjkL1cQojx2nMQ2jWk
Has anyone had this and can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

Contact support Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:38:21 PM

Your account at Coinbase has a deposit address. When you deposit coins to that address, Coinbase will move them to another address. You cannot use a block explorer (such as blockchain.info) to monitor your Coinbase account.

If your Coinbase account no longer has bitcoins in it, the account transaction history should tell you what happened to them.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Watsky

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:46:02 PM

Your account at Coinbase has a deposit address. When you deposit coins to that address, Coinbase will move them to another address. You cannot use a block explorer (such as blockchain.info) to monitor your Coinbase account.

If your Coinbase account no longer has bitcoins in it, the account transaction history should tell you what happened to them.

This.

You can locate history  through your account. If they aren't no where to see contact support as soon as possible but its likely to be that they moved them from your deposit address.
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:33:30 PM

Contact support Smiley
I have, thanks anyway.
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

This.

You can locate history  through your account. If they aren't no where to see contact support as soon as possible but its likely to be that they moved them from your deposit address.

Thanks, I always wondered what them strange transactions were that I found in the block chain. And I have no transaction history on coinbase.
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:04:52 PM

I have a friend that has had this happen to them. They have contacted coinbase and are awaiting a reply.
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

And I have no transaction history on coinbase.

You should be able to get all your transaction history on the Tools -> Report page on coinbase.

If you don't have your bitcoin on your account balance and you have no transaction record, one possible reason is that you have copied the a wrong address for your deposits. Another possible reason is that there is a problem in the coinbase database.

pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

There's been a few things like this that have happended and it was due to coinbase not showing the correct address...that might not be the case for you but I recommend you contact support.
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:55:50 PM

You should be able to get all your transaction history on the Tools -> Report page on coinbase.

If you don't have your bitcoin on your account balance and you have no transaction record, one possible reason is that you have copied the a wrong address for your deposits. Another possible reason is that there is a problem in the coinbase database.

I am sure i have not copied the wrong address and i have no transaction history. Its like its just vanished along with my btc. Thanks for the help
Tammy Chan

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:07:28 PM

I am sure i have not copied the wrong address and i have no transaction history. Its like its just vanished along with my btc. Thanks for the help

I see.
Together with jsmit332's and pissedoff's replies, it seems there is really a problem on coinbase and you are not the only one suffered from it. You can only wait for the coinbase support's response now. Good luck.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:56:09 PM

In a block explorer, look up the address you sent the coins from. You should see the transaction that sent the coins to the Coinbase address. Make sure it went to the correct address. Coinbase lists all the addresses used for your account somewhere.

If you post the public addresses here, someone can take a look without any risk to you.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

I just got an email from coinbase saying "Thank you for contacting Coinbase support. I have reviewed your account and will pass this on to one of my supervisors to ensure it is resolved."
Is this a good sign?
Tammy Chan

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:03:02 PM

I just got an email from coinbase saying "Thank you for contacting Coinbase support. I have reviewed your account and will pass this on to one of my supervisors to ensure it is resolved."
Is this a good sign?

Nothing good, nothing bad. It simply means your ticket has been passed to another support person to handle. You can only keep on waiting for the response.

jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:05:39 PM

In a block explorer, look up the address you sent the coins from. You should see the transaction that sent the coins to the Coinbase address. Make sure it went to the correct address. Coinbase lists all the addresses used for your account somewhere.

If you post the public addresses here, someone can take a look without any risk to you.

I only have 1 address, could you please elaborate on what you mean, I'm kind of a noob
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:24:35 AM

I signed in to my coinbase account today to find that I had no bitcoins in my wallet (I should have just over 0.5BTC). Also all of my transaction logs and btc address have disappeared.

Are you sure that you logged into the correct account? Sometimes people make more than one account and log into the one that doesn't have anything. If that's what happened, Coinbase might be able to help you figure out what account you used.

Miss Fortune

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:45:45 AM

i suggest, if the support doesnt get back to you or ignores you. you start a reddit thread, and they get back to people 10x quicker.

they even respond on the thread, so thats another way of getting to do their jobs.
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:06:21 PM

I signed in to my coinbase account today to find that I had no bitcoins in my wallet (I should have just over 0.5BTC). Also all of my transaction logs and btc address have disappeared.

Are you sure that you logged into the correct account? Sometimes people make more than one account and log into the one that doesn't have anything. If that's what happened, Coinbase might be able to help you figure out what account you used.

no i am sure i have only 1 address. thanks anyway though.
jrs99 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

I have got my bitcoins back after reporting it to the coinbase support. Thank you to everyone that has helped me. Cheesy Grin Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: