Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My story  (Read 5795 times)
JLelas (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

I'm 30 years old and I live in a small town in coastal Croatia. Through entire life I've been a loser, I was doing bad in school, teachers said I was just slow, others called me stupid.
I was horrible in sports, most boys around here played basketball, but I am very short (166cm) and have bad motor skills.
I never had success with women, girls were avoiding me like a plague, others that didn't were laughing at me and bullying me.
At age 21 I realized I'm too much of a loser to ever get laid so i decided to lose virginity with a local hooker who was 50 years old at the time. Also it felt a bit weird because I knew she had the same surname as me, but that's not uncommon in small towns. I think we're not related, at least not closely.
Never went to college, unemployed, living with my parents. I spent most of my time drinking and playing video games.
When I walk down the street I feel like entire town is laughing at me. Other people of my age already made their careers live in bigger cities, travel the world, have a lot of friends, family and I'm a laughing stock.

But one evening in November 2013 when I was surfing the internet and first heard about bitcoin I had a revelation. I thought this is it. My time has finally come. The more I was reading about it, the more i was certain this is a next big thing and that I, as someone who has found so early about it, become filthy rich. That I was finally become somebody.
I invested all my savings from pocket money my mom was giving me over the years. I was so happy and proud of myself for being a part of making history. I bought most of my bitcoins on average of $950. At first as corrections happened I thought it is normal part of developing, but now as almost a year has passed and bitcoin is in a continual downtrend i started to realize I was conned by guys like Max Keiser and early adopters  who were promising bitcoin will go up, but actually they were just pumping the price so they can cash out at higher price.
Now I'm very sad and desperate, and don't know what to do. I still hope it will magically go up but honestly don't believe it is possible. Bitcoin has already gone mainstream, everyone has heard of it, yet price is not recovering.
I think it's time give up and try to preserve what is left of my savings. I'm giving up on bitcoin and dreams of being rich. Once a loser, always a loser.

J.L.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:51:57 PM

Assuming this isn't some fiction - what took you almost a year to sign up on the forum?  As well you live in Croatia so I wouldn't sweat it, I've been to Croatia and I was of the opinion that practically everybody there was poor.

It isn't a loss until it is a realized loss (as in sold for $Fiat).  It could be the case that Bitcoin in the future could have 100 million users and be worth $Trillions (because this is asset capitalization) but that could be 10-20 years away.  Of course that could just happen to another alternate currency and Bitcoin is left behind as a small footnote in the history pages.

While you were bagholding that Bitcoin, many people after November bought alternates like NXT, Doge, BitsharesX and made some amount of money off it (depending on how early they had gone into these alternates).

While people holding Bitcoin are losing everything there were individual success stories among the alternates.   There were people who spent $150 and made $3-$4 million within months from the NXT IPO (this has yet to be repeated but it is an example).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:53:55 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:56:06 PM

It's a very well worn mantra, but putting in more than you can afford to lose, or care about losing, is going to evoke some very strong feelings. I put in a chunk but expected it to take a long time to pay off, if it does at all.

To get to where some folks are predicting will take serious money en masse and that means convincing many, many more people. That could take a decade or more.

Sure, millions have heard the word 'bitcoin' but very few will have taken the time to understand it, let alone use it. That's going to take much more work and awareness.

If you can afford to keep an amount in BTC that wouldn't sting if it went to nothing then it's still a worthwhile bet. If you can't then I'm sorry that you're hurting at the moment.

Have a read of this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588467.0 - the OP probably sold all after the never ending rise she expected didn't materialise. A few weeks later she could've salvaged 30-40% gains on those sold coins had she held on. That may not happen again but it just goes to show.

okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:05:33 PM

Oh my... That was a sad read.
First things first: stop calling yourself a loser. You will never get your life to change if keep being your worst enemy.
Secondly: even if bitcoin ever makes you rich, that won't make you happy unsless you get yourself together first.
Third: now this is me thinking aloud; I wouldn't sell unless you absolutely need the money. It's a bad bad time, you would be buying high and selling low. I really believe another bubble will come! This is very far from being mainstream, I can count with my hands the people I know who have any idea what bitcoin is.

So, cheer up, do something with your life and hodl, but while making your own fortune, not waiting around doing nothing!
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Just hodl.

I buyed at roughly the same price. Now we have to suffer, but we will be the new wealthy elite bro

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

Just hodl.

I buyed at roughly the same price. Now we have to suffer, but we will be the new wealthy elite bro

Dreams.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:03:58 PM

you're not such a looser because at least you were able to see the brainwash around here.

It'll go up later maybe. If you haven't sold till now i would hold. It can go down to 100$-range. Buy more there. GL
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:11:39 PM

Did you do it on debt and/or do you have any debt. If you have no debt and you bought even a few BTCs then you are ahead of the game. If you have debt, pay it off. I am not sure I'd tell you to exit today, but look for an exit point. This thing is going more down than up although I think we are in a particularly shallow part of this wave. Don't hold it over yourself. Others lost even more. It happens. You win some you lose some. Scammers scam. You can choose to let it ruin your life or just leave it behind you and look forward with a new perspective. Good luck. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Ektra

Activity: 137
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:36:15 PM

Could be worse, you could have been Goxxed...
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:37:29 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 11:25:49 AM by liexel

Edit:

Troll
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Forget about bitcoin for a moment, the real problem is at the source, your negative mindset and personal values is what's screwed up man.

The more I was reading about it, the more i was certain this is a next big thing and that I, as someone who has found so early about it, become filthy rich. That I was finally become somebody.
That's the part that's problematic.

It doesn't sound like you are in financial ruin, so bitcoin or other investments are the last thing you gotta think about right now.
Think about fixing your life and values first (is becoming "filthy rich" your greatest inspiration? Is it what is really going to fully give you satisfaction and fulfillment long term?), get professional help maybe if you have such a low self esteem. Try to get a job.

If we are not talking about a big amount of money, just either sell all or keep it there but simply forget about it for the moment, and return when your life will be more stable and complete and when you won't rely on a single superficial goal to give you what you are truly looking for.

Right now this thing is just toxic for you IMHO.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:18:51 AM

Just hodl.

are you kidding me?  do you know that bitcoin is pretty widespread now?
Wattda

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:30:33 AM

Like My Daddy always said.. Son you are like a  f^#%#&in gofer..., wanting to start at the top and work your way down. I too thought of myself as a loser and came to realize I was just a lazy drug addict. So I stopped drugging got off my ass and made a life for myself, and I did it the only way... THROUGH HARD WORK!!!! Get off the pitty pot.
Love
DW
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:31:58 AM

Just hodl.

are you kidding me?  do you know that bitcoin is pretty widespread now?

No it is not.  It is only 500K-2M users, some academics who are experts on this  subject push the number lower than 500K.  This is less users than the internet had in the late 1980s.

Bitcoin hasn't really seen any surge in userbase expansion in over a year now.  Too many people think MtGox, security vulnerabilities, exchange hacking, et al.  Then there are the clowns with criminal records who draw in too much bad PR.  Won't name names but there's that one guy who was mailing bombs in the mail, another who is an alleged pedophile (well not a criminal but i wouldn't want to associate myself with someone who was alleged of fiddling a minor), et  cetera.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:09:44 AM

Take it as an important economic life lesson, everyone gets burnt at some point. My lesson was the dotcom bubble, i got spanked pretty hard.

Next time you hear lies and BS propaganda from another product promising you a lotto ticket to heaven, remember the btc pyramid scam. You certainly will be more cautious in the future.
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

I was in Croatia. Really beautiful place....   Cheesy
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:57:48 AM

" Hold your bitcoins " is a wrong idea, currency needs to circulate, we all know
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:01:04 AM

Buy more. It is mathematically impossible for the price to stay this low in the long run. And the long run in this case isn't even that long.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:29:23 AM

First off, stop comparing yourself to other people.  You don't know whether they are truly happy or if they are actually miserable in the lives they appear to have.  You would be surprised how unhappy other people are, even though they appear successful on the outside.  Living with your parents is not bad.  I'm sure they appreciate the sacrifices you've made for them.  Don't place your self worth on whether you get laid, or what others think of you.  You only have one life, stop feeling sorry for yourself.  Life is not just about money.  If you lose money, you can make it back, but if you lose your time you can never make that back.  At least you can look back and say you didn't live with regrets.  You took a risk on bitcoin, now stick with it. 

Listen to this guy, he may help with motivation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Secondly, you don't lose until you sell.  If I were you, I would have sold earlier to cut losses, but if you're in this long, then average down by purchasing more.  Having been almost 100% right on my price predictions over the past year of swings and flipping bitcoins for profit, I would recommend you sell either right now or at about $335-$340.  Last week I predicted that we would hit $320 and then move back up, which is happening as we speak.  After that we may go a bit higher but we won't go any higher than $355, and even that may be a stretch.  I guarantee there is another drop coming, and we will test $300.  As far as predictions go, simply look for bid volume levels on exchange order books, and compare that with MACD/RSI levels, and that will show you the exact future prices, every single week.

Third, as far as making a fortune on anything, don't listen to people with an agenda.  It's true, there are many people pumping bitcoin, however, only people with a very large audience can create buy/sell sentiment to drive price movements.  Read between the lines.  Trust your gut.  Listen to people with a track record, and even then take things with a grain of salt.

Imho, suggesting him to day -trade is the worst suggestion ever

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: