Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:30:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Dropping ? How can I Protect The Value Of My Bitcoin.  (Read 3921 times)
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

Simple, if price drop buy much more bitcoin as you can, safe and hold your bitcoin until the price rise again.
don't panic! That's the point.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

That's a question I always ask myself, weather its in the morning when I wake up, during the day as I read all those negative Bitcoin reviews or even at night as I stay up contemplating weather or not my Bitcoins will be worth less by the time I wake.

I came to a simple 3 point solution.

- Stay informed (News is key to staying ahead of any future price dips)
- Prepare for future scenarios (Hedge the risk of any possible adverse market conditions by having exit/re-entry strategies)
- Take immediate action (When the market falls get out before the panic erupts. Do not be a Bitcoin romantic .Emotional attachment will cost you.)

I'm not fear mongering here , I'm simply being realistic. We all know the concept of Bitcoin is still pretty new and as we have seen with other bubbles, some burst and some float to great heights.
If anyone wants to stay informed about working systems to help offset risk and hedge against future price swings.

Follow me on Twitter : @Bitcoin_Drop

And, @Bitcoin_Rise was a bad idea because...
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

And, @Bitcoin_Rise was a bad idea because...

I suspect its a new user created to promote a service which profits off of peoples insecurities.

It would be interesting if any of these products could provide evidence that they outperformed the investment practice of simply buying and holding.

troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:59:04 PM

You could spend it the way God and Satoshi meant it to be used. The stuff I bought three weeks ago at $390/BTC is still worth about the same.
Didn't understand it to be true. Either you are saying convert usd to BTC then use them to purchase. Why would someone go through that hassle.
Or you are saying buy with the bitcoin you have!! Then the same bitcoin price is lowering. And you would have to pay more to buy the same. Because all the products in market are still based on USD, you just can pay with BTC.

I think there are two ways... Easy and simple one is : Hold ( only if you believe in it and you can lose the amount you invested.
2. This is a bit difficult, find a way that pays you about equal to what is reduction of price. Like if in a month's time the prices decrease 20% then see where can you find that return and invest there.. .like in mining or somthing else. (here also, invest what you can loose.)

cysive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:22:01 PM

If you had a way to determine a real fundamental value for bitcoin you could buy when an exchange traded below that and sell when it went above it.

You'd also have something worth following instead of this BS.

-C.

Creator of the world's first bitcoin game show. http://takemybitcoins.tv

https://twitter.com/TakeMyBitcoins
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

use coinapult

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:02:11 AM

one way to protect your coins is with futures

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:05:04 AM

just hedge your bets.  convert some BTC to USD while it's downtrending, then buy back at lower prices.  if you feel iffy holding USD in an exchange, there's nubits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:09:41 AM

advanced technologies win everytime.

compare bitcoin to actual money ... and wait, only wait.

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:13:00 AM

advanced technologies win everytime.

true, but "the iphone wasn't the first smartphone", IBM Simon was.

segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:46:15 AM

That's a question I always ask myself, weather its in the morning when I wake up, during the day as I read all those negative Bitcoin reviews or even at night as I stay up contemplating weather or not my Bitcoins will be worth less by the time I wake.

I came to a simple 3 point solution.

- Stay informed (News is key to staying ahead of any future price dips)
- Prepare for future scenarios (Hedge the risk of any possible adverse market conditions by having exit/re-entry strategies)
- Take immediate action (When the market falls get out before the panic erupts. Do not be a Bitcoin romantic .Emotional attachment will cost you.)

I'm not fear mongering here , I'm simply being realistic. We all know the concept of Bitcoin is still pretty new and as we have seen with other bubbles, some burst and some float to great heights.
If anyone wants to stay informed about working systems to help offset risk and hedge against future price swings.

Follow me on Twitter : @Bitcoin_Drop

I stopped reading at "when the market falls, get out".
You are a SHEEP. **weak hands**

/thread.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:54:24 AM

Bitcoin Price Dropping ? How can I Protect The Value Of My Bitcoin?
Bitcoin exchange price doesn't matter until you lose willpower and make the mistake of exchanging bitcoin for fiat.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 04:10:58 AM

I try to protect the value of my Bitcoin by running a full node. To be honest, I am not sure I should upgrade it when it runs out of disk space near the end of the year.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
cyberpinoy

Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:44:24 AM

If you are a true investor, the best thing to do when the Bitcoins price drops is buy buy buy. add to the coins you already have in storage and lower your overall investment costs.

DEFINE

You buy 100 BTC @ 600 dollars

Price drops to 300 dollars

you then buy 200 BTC @ 300 dollars

Overall cost of each BTC for this investment 400 dollars per BTC

ADDITION TO SCENARIO:

Price rises back to 1BTC @ 1000 dollars

Profit on selling off your complete investment $180,000.00

OR buy a nice vacation condo in Spain and make cash value for that investment every month or maybe even every week.

Its is so amazing how many people are so under-educated on how investments work. Bitcoins are no longer in their infancy its the idiots using bitcoins that are the infants. Sorry to be so blunt. but as I have watched and searched its amazing how many people see one thing TRADABLE CASH VALUE, but in their blindness they do not see how many other ways they can turn Bitcoin into cash without selling them off to an exchange.

Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:15:02 AM

just hold, or buy some in low price and sell, it can cover losses.
but the problem is if we invest in bitcoin mining, it is not profitable with the current price  Cry
cyberpinoy

Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 08:41:10 AM

but the problem is if we invest in bitcoin mining, it is not profitable with the current price  Cry

As a bitcoin miner I can tell you it is still profitable mining bitcoins, as a good bitcoin miner I can also tell you there is much more to Bitcoins than Mining Bitcoins themselves, if you mine Bitcoins thru a pool, you will make double your costs even at the present conditions of bitcoins. If you do what i do you can make 2 to 4 times as many BTC with your machines.

It is easy to read and belive what you read, it even more easy to spread the disbelief and crap you see. Its hard to make the investment and see the results for yourself.

Simple conclusion do not believe everything you read, and most certainly do not take anything in the mining section of this forum as good advice. I have found a lot of miners on here know nothing about mining, and even less about bitcoins, they make one wrong move one big mistake and lose their butt and spread lies about how mining is not profitable. If its not those people its the greedy selfish miners who want it all for themselves so they tell you its not profitable, then you tell your friends who tell their friends.

Why would they do this, very simple common sense and the most basic of logic. I am a miner I see the price dropping like flies, if I see you are looking to invest in either buying bitcoins or buying machines to mine I know i want and need the price to rise, if you buy machines your just gonna dump the coins, that will not increase the value, so If I advise you to buy bitcoins and you advise 10 people who advise 10 people who advise 10 people to just buy bitcoins and not mining equipment I have just secured an increase in my bitcoins and I can sell them for more this week than i did last week.

If there is absolutely anything I have learned about the members of this Forum, very VERY few members are here to help you, nor do they care about you, heck most of them do not even care about Bitcoins, they care about one thing making money, not making bitcoins, making money. Remember this as you scour around and research about bitcoins. Do your own diligent research take nothing you read anywhere as truth. I ignored everything I read and went at it myself. and I have a ROI of 3 months on the machines I bought. Thats right folks I have paid my machines off in 3 months, not 6 not 8 I paid them off and now have a return on their purchase price in 3 months flat. So to be quite honest look at my posts how many do I have, then look at people who have 2000+ posts telling you its not profitable, you cant get a return blah blah blah, then ask yourself if a noob who researches and does good can get a 3 Month ROI what does this tell you about a veteran miner who cant?

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:28:17 AM

Averaging down only works if the price goes up again in the future, but if it doesn't - you lose money or if it doesn't soon enough - you lose many opportunities to make money. Diversification to other prospective crypto technologies is another way to protect the value of your Bitcoin. This approach allows you to stay in the sector but be less sensitive to price drops as the correlation between different crypto technologies and Bitcoin is not 100%.
GateCrasher

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:34:32 AM

If you are a true investor, the best thing to do when the Bitcoins price drops is buy buy buy. add to the coins you already have in storage and lower your overall investment costs.

DEFINE

You buy 100 BTC @ 600 dollars

Price drops to 300 dollars

you then buy 200 BTC @ 300 dollars

Overall cost of each BTC for this investment 400 dollars per BTC

ADDITION TO SCENARIO:

Price rises back to 1BTC @ 1000 dollars

Profit on selling off your complete investment $180,000.00

OR buy a nice vacation condo in Spain and make cash value for that investment every month or maybe even every week.

Its is so amazing how many people are so under-educated on how investments work. Bitcoins are no longer in their infancy its the idiots using bitcoins that are the infants. Sorry to be so blunt. but as I have watched and searched its amazing how many people see one thing TRADABLE CASH VALUE, but in their blindness they do not see how many other ways they can turn Bitcoin into cash without selling them off to an exchange.

Most people have probably already invested over 50% of their wealth into Bitcoin (serious Bitcoiners)
as4406

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:26:52 AM

ok, How to keep informed?i mean what kind of news paper do you read?NEW YORK TIMES or Washington Post?
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:46:23 AM

This will not protect someone from the price of bitcoin declining over the short term. All this would do is allow someone to profit more if/when the price of bitcoin were to increase substantially over the long term

MileyJohanson
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: