Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:02:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Dropping ? How can I Protect The Value Of My Bitcoin.  (Read 3910 times)
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 04:00:20 AM

People always think about the volatility and don't think that how many people are going to be affected in the process. that we are all going to be in this together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

i got better solution in one sentence:
"just keep your bitcoins"

best value protection

Exactly. People can not out think the market and are mostly gambling by day trading. For almost all users there is always a larger whale that can move the market more than you can or someone with better insider trading information than you have.

Unless you are going to make a career off studying the market you are much better off buying and holding and buying more when it crashes and making a policy of never selling at a loss.

I'd go with this yeah.  Unless you can truly monitor the price everyday or maybe have a good feel for such price predictions, then it'd be worth trading.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

You cant protect anything in price
you can only try to small down losses with some altcoin

Only suggestion

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

Best way to track all infos.
And then invest or try to earn little more.

maybe best thing is to collect data and then create your own chart for this.

fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

Best way is to keep buying so you lower the average you paid for your bitcoin so you minimize losses  Cool
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:00:09 AM

Best way is to keep buying so you lower the average you paid for your bitcoin so you minimize losses  Cool

who is spreading strange advices like this? I read it all the time

what is better?

a)
you bought 1 BTC at $1.000
begins to fall, so you "lower average", 1 BTC at 800
continues to fall , so you "lower average", 1 BTC at 600
continues to fall , so you "lower average", 1 BTC at 400
continues to fall , so you "lower average", 1 BTC at 200
continues to fall , so you "lower average", 1 BTC at 100
you got 6 BTC for $700 avarege ($3100 total)

WORST CASE (never comes back): you lose over $3.000

b)
begins to fall, so you sell 1 BTC at 800 (lost 200)
it falls below $100, comes back, and starts a trend on daily, you buy BTC 29 at $100 ($3100-200=$2900)

WORST CASE (never comes back): you lose $200

fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 02:08:34 AM

what is better?

a)

b)
it falls below $100, comes back, and starts a trend on daily, you buy BTC 29 at $100 ($3100-200=$2900)

Well you considered that if you bought at 1,000 which was the peak so anyone buying at that level is a complete idiot... regardless who the hell can only afford $100 of risk?! In the bitcoin world a quick couple hundred dollar movement is not uncommon so why even play this game if you can't double up when you're down $500/coin

...lets be serious here, you don't know how to trade...
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 04:07:23 AM

Its is so amazing how many people are so under-educated on how investments work. Bitcoins are no longer in their infancy its the idiots using bitcoins that are the infants. Sorry to be so blunt. but as I have watched and searched its amazing how many people see one thing TRADABLE CASH VALUE, but in their blindness they do not see how many other ways they can turn Bitcoin into cash without selling them off to an exchange.

Most people have probably already invested over 50% of their wealth into Bitcoin (serious Bitcoiners)

My point exactly.

Lets take an average number here 50% of their wealth on a 5 year average persons net means roughly $250,000 dollars (serious Bitcoin Investors) if they bought in even at 100 dollars a coin that is still 2500 coins. I can turn that 2500 Bitcoins into over 5000 Bitcoins in a month. So you serious bitcoiners ask yourself can you do that, is sitting there watching the price of bitcoins go up and down getting you the return you desired? I have been in this industry less than a year, I have a 3 month ROI on the machines I buy (most everyone else has a 6 month to 8 month ROI) I came from Forex trading and building and selling businesses to this. And like I said it is truely sad to see how many (serious bitcoiners) can not see past their hand in front of their face. I am sorry to be so blunt but truth is truth my friends. I have this horrible image that most of the serious bitcoiners got in while the getting was good and now it seems they are just sitting on these coins, sitting watching and waiting like some wallstreet brat who thinks if he buys a stock and allows the company to do all the work he will get rich in the end. This is not the stock market, if we as investors dont do what needs to be done, and we all sit on our wallets and watch the price, we will never make the returns we want. Im just saying if we dont do it, the developers sure are not. It seems their one track minds are concentrated on people and companies using the coins, which at this point is not helping bitcoins value only its awareness. what I see in this industry is a whole lot of sitting around watching and waiting, no one actually (serious) about anything.

And here is just some proof

what is better?

a)

b)

Well you considered that if you bought at 1,000 which was the peak so anyone buying at that level is a complete idiot... regardless who the hell can only afford $100 of risk?! In the bitcoin world a quick couple hundred dollar movement is not uncommon so why even play this game if you can't double up when you're down $500/coin

As you can see and much like fewcoins pointed out traders are just completelty ignorant to what they are doing. We have so many infants, people so stupid they jumped in trying to play the wallstreet games but knew nothing about wallstreet. To even put numbers like this person put only shows exactly how stupid he really is. The pattern he shows in his example is a full proof definition of how NOT TO TRADE. in investment schools this is the examples they use to show you what not to do when trading.

FYI the basic trick in trading is to buy low and sell high, not buy high and hope to sell higher HAHAHA.

SaltyRainbow

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:12:50 AM

You cant protect anything in price
you can only try to small down losses with some altcoin

Only suggestion

You can take precautions...I don't agree with the alt coin suggestion thats basically a game of lottery because they are all pump and dump..none of them are going to be getting to a valuable number. You will be earning $100 maximum a month with alt coin and that's if you are very lucky and got in early.

You are right that you can't 100% protect your Bitcoin value...but you can help as long as people are buying more than they are selling the Bitcoin value should continue to rise. I hate to say it but we need a massive story line to hit the news even if it's bad as that would get Bitcoin out there again and maybe attract other people into this unique concept.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:59:06 PM

what is better?

a)

b)

you obviously don't understand what I was trying to say. perhaps think it over again?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: