Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100 (time sensitive request)  (Read 7685 times)
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:53:09 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 08:23:21 PM by vuce

As I am not the one going to the expedition I am not really in a position to answer that. I sent an email to one of the members so she can answer everything. (btw, what do I have to do to get her whitelisted, just send a pm to a mod?)
I'll preemptively approve this request. Just PM any online moderator, Staff, or Administrator once she makes an account and we'll whitelist her. If none of us are online, post in the Whitelist request thread with her username.

Cheers, will do that.

She said she will register tomorrow (it's getting late over here).

What's the update on having her joining this forum, vuce?

~Bruno~

Haven't heard from her yet, she said she would register yesterday, but she really is terribly busy (finishing her degree I assume). Will message her again.

And thank you again Bruno (and all the donators!) for doing all of this, I can't express how much all this supports means to me/us.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 10:45:06 PM

As I am not the one going to the expedition I am not really in a position to answer that. I sent an email to one of the members so she can answer everything. (btw, what do I have to do to get her whitelisted, just send a pm to a mod?)
I'll preemptively approve this request. Just PM any online moderator, Staff, or Administrator once she makes an account and we'll whitelist her. If none of us are online, post in the Whitelist request thread with her username.

Cheers, will do that.

She said she will register tomorrow (it's getting late over here).

What's the update on having her joining this forum, vuce?

~Bruno~

Haven't heard from her yet, she said she would register yesterday, but she really is terribly busy (finishing her degree I assume). Will message her again.

And thank you again Bruno (and all the donators!) for doing all of this, I can't express how much all this supports means to me/us.

She may have already none it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=59237
vuce

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 10:48:05 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 11:12:36 PM by vuce

Yep, she said she was a bit taken aback by how vast this place is, so we'll go through it together tomorrow (today actually, it's 1 am over here) Smiley
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 11:08:01 PM

They can have my bitcoin only if they promise to preach the gospel of a resource based economy to all the children that they care for.

To be clear, are you supporting this cause, LightRider? (PM'ed as well)

~Bruno~

I have been informed that there is no gospel associated with a resource based economy, so I guess they can have it in any case.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 11:53:30 PM

I just reported the fact that I honored my pledge of 5 more BTC in the official Bitcoin 100 thread but I also wanted to make it known here that I fully support my donation going toward this cause.

Still around.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:03:39 AM

I've sent 1.004114btc to the bitcoin100 address (4,1,14 = dan)

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/7693057/f0622bbda77e2122a0f30c22599ff69730bc943c926b04e967c68120bb0bfae5
vuce

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:01:39 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 05:05:01 PM by vuce

Yep, she said she was a bit taken aback by how vast this place is, so we'll go through it together tomorrow (today actually, it's 1 am over here) Smiley

Just a quick update: we're meeting tomorrow evening and we'll go through this thread and answer questions that I couldn't have answered myself. If anyone has any other questions/concerns please post them here.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 05:13:54 PM

Just a quick update: we're meeting tomorrow evening and we'll go through this thread and answer questions that I couldn't have answered myself. If anyone has any other questions/concerns please post them here.

Likewise, if the team has any questions, make sure they post them as well. If we're given a heads up prior to the meeting, we can easily turn this thread into an online chat for that duration.

I still have some updating to do, edd, et al., but on my way out the door to see a man about a barn.

~Bruno~
vuce

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:53:26 PM

Likewise, if the team has any questions, make sure they post them as well. If we're given a heads up prior to the meeting, we can easily turn this thread into an online chat for that duration.

I still have some updating to do, edd, et al., but on my way out the door to see a man about a barn.

~Bruno~

Roger that, will let you all know!
vuce

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:09:53 PM

What's going against it :
* I do not understand a word on their webpage, other than the "Make a free website with Yola" ads.

* What about a note in English saying, "THIS WEBSITE IS WRITTEN IN *****" < language.

Added some info in English
neuronics

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 06:58:32 PM

This is o.k. with me, "refilled" BTC100 wallet with my pledge.
vuce

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:45:47 PM

If we're given a heads up prior to the meeting, we can easily turn this thread into an online chat for that duration.

Heads up, this will be at 7 pm server time. Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 03:56:17 PM

If we're given a heads up prior to the meeting, we can easily turn this thread into an online chat for that duration.

What would that be in UTC?
vuce

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:59:31 PM

That's 2 hours from now, so 6 pm, I guess. (didn't see there actually is no "server time", my mistake)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:08:41 PM

That's 2 hours from now, so 6 pm, I guess. (didn't see there actually is no "server time", my mistake)

Got it! Time for a new thread.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:28:30 PM

LIVE DISCUSSION ON THIS THREAD IN 2 HOURS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85622.0
kenija2012

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

Sent 5, divide it between charities as you see fit. You guys are awesome!

We've only begun! Please clarify the date of their departure. I thought I read July 1, but believe I'm now reading it as...

Purpose: THIRD WORLD KENYA August - October 2012

...on this page: http://www.kenija2012.net/stro%C5%A1ki-odprave.php

Also, I'll assume that Bitcoin 100 (linked) would be mention on the following if/when this comes to fruition--(We were financially supported by:)

~Bruno~

the date of departure is 7/27. We dont need the funds much before that date as most of the funds will be used in kenya anyway.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:42:20 PM

Sent 5, divide it between charities as you see fit. You guys are awesome!

We've only begun! Please clarify the date of their departure. I thought I read July 1, but believe I'm now reading it as...

Purpose: THIRD WORLD KENYA August - October 2012

...on this page: http://www.kenija2012.net/stro%C5%A1ki-odprave.php

Also, I'll assume that Bitcoin 100 (linked) would be mention on the following if/when this comes to fruition--(We were financially supported by:)

~Bruno~

the date of departure is 7/27. We dont need the funds much before that date as most of the funds will be used in kenya anyway.

I will close this thread til after the discussion over at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85622.0 has ended.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 09:07:17 PM

Unlocked!
vuce

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:03:28 PM

I have been made aware that the current team (the one our team is going to replace in august) in Kenya writes a blog, that might shine some extra light on what they are doing there.

Warning: this blog contains some very graphic images and is not for the faint-hearted!

Unfortunately this is in slovene so you'll have to use google translate again :|

(I tip my hat to them, I couldn't stomach any of this.)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: