Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My suggestion on showing bits in Bitcoin Core  (Read 1179 times)
darkfur93 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:36:22 PM

There's been alot of talk about changing the default unit in Bitcoin Core to bits (known in Bitcoin Core today as µBTC).

Many members of the Bitcoin community like BTC as the default unit. My suggestion would be instead of changing bits to default, include a option in Display Options that reads "Show µBTC as bits".

That way we who like BTC can still use it by default, people who like using µBTC can still use it and people who want to use bits will now have the option to.

BTC: 1GXFRtMFTyw1KVqkpH2DPiZMmxcyr8wSbX
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 07:05:22 PM

I personally think that Bitcoin core is perfect & don't really any much changes , they just need to take that blockchain downloading bullshit  Undecided

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

I personally think that Bitcoin core is perfect & don't really any much changes , they just need to take that blockchain downloading bullshit  Undecided

bitcoin core.. is the core program. meaning it IS THE PROTOCOL.

the blockchain is the ledger without any program having a ledger there is no blockchain and there is no bitcoin...!

GET IT

if you dont want to download the blockchain, then use a different GUI that interacts remotely to third party services. (which have the blockchain as its backbone)..

but requesting bitcoin core to remove the blockchain is like asking a surgeon to have your brain removed. please learn what bitcoin is

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 07:20:20 PM

the blockchain is the ledger without any program having a ledger there is no blockchain and there is no bitcoin...!

GET IT

if you dont want to download the blockchain, then use a different GUI that interacts remotely to third party services. (which have the blockchain as its backbone)..

but requesting bitcoin core to remove the blockchain is like asking a surgeon to have your brain removed. please learn what bitcoin is

Sry ,im new at bitcoin
Didn't knew that , thanks for clearing it this to me  Cheesy

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

GET IT

Sry ,im new at bitcoin
Didn't knew that , thanks for clearing it this to me  Cheesy
I was like you once.
If you want to download the blockchain faster, download the blockchain torrent. It's 20gb in size but a lot faster to download then the wallet.
I downloaded it, used it for 5 minutes and then I formatted my hdd. It was a waste. But maybe you might use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: