Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People think price it not important but it does matter a lot  (Read 3213 times)
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:56:11 AM

I don't have a problem buying btc for the sole purpose of spending right away... particularly if it's from a company that is inclined to hodl (like overstock).

Does anyone have a list of companies that don't immediately dump all coins?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:59:00 AM

Price matters to everyone but what bitcoin stands for and the work that is behind it is the most important. It is still a new idea.

Right on.
A new idea that is still developing at that...

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Vessko

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:47:29 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it. So why don't you just spend fiat directly?

Yeah, and as long as BTC keeps going up relative to fiat, then you need to hoard the BTC you get. So why don't you just spend fiat instead?

Bitcoin-as-money is a failure. The real innovation that has a bright future is the-blockchain-as-a-trustless-payment-method.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:50:57 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it. So why don't you just spend fiat directly?

Yeah, and as long as BTC keeps going up relative to fiat, then you need to hoard the BTC you get. So why don't you just spend fiat instead?

Bitcoin-as-money is a failure. The real innovation that has a bright future is the-blockchain-as-a-trustless-payment-method.

Why are you even here?

What you just said......is not from someone who loves Bitcoin as a concept but thought he might get rich quick.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

Why are you even here?

What you just said......is not from someone who loves Bitcoin as a concept but thought he might get rich quick.

very true, I wish there was some kind of share which would make investing in blockchain as a pure tecnology possible

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

Why are you even here?

He actualy said that he believes in the concept of the blockchain. You using the verb "love" looks very strange. perhaps you "love" Bitcoin as a currency because you want to get rich yourself? just asking

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:33:28 PM

To me the price isn't that important as 80% of my Bitcoin holdings are profit from trading.

I buy low and sell high, then cashout my initial investment to secure that. The profits in BTC will be sent to my cold storage wallets.

But the reality is that probably 90% of the people are in Bitcoin to make money.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:07:12 PM

To me the price isn't that important as 80% of my Bitcoin holdings are profit from trading.

I buy low and sell high, then cashout my initial investment to secure that. The profits in BTC will be sent to my cold storage wallets.

But the reality is that probably 90% of the people are in Bitcoin to make money.

The problem with that is if you are caught on the wrong foot during sharp price movements, all your profits could get wiped out.
People thought they were buying low when they bought at $400.

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

Why should price be any matter. The important thing is to have a fixed price whatever the price is

JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:56:05 PM

It didn't matter like everyone said but when you are stupid enough to invest all your life savings it matters a lot lol
Fluctuation of tens and twenties of dollars will give a heart bump
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:00:12 PM

Oh come on guys - of course the price fuckin matters - whether you measure it in USD, YEN, barrels of oil or kilos of Atlantic mackerel.

If I pay £200 today for 1 bit coin and then come to spend my btc tomorrow - and its only worth £195 (plus fees of course i.e. effectively £193) -  then of course it matters.

Unless we are all just holding and holding and holding .....

And as we hold, hold and hold the £195 becomes £194, £193 ....

Lets at least say it for how it is.
wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:50:50 PM

This community is full of almost retarded ppl.
Ok.  Lets say u buy a chair at overstock for 320$ =1 btc.
Next week price rise to 1btc = 640 and i pay 0.5btc for the same product.
Im pretty sure it doesnt matter to u guys.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:04:31 PM

^ Yup.

People have to remember price "in relation to" kinda thing, regardless of BTC fluctuation itself.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

There's plenty of alternative crypto that provides pretty accurate peg to USD. BitUSD or NuBits for example. So when buying things with these, you don't have to worry about fluctuation in currency value.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:42:44 PM

some people don't know the diference between "price doesn't matter for the future of Bitcoin" and "price doesn't matter for the Bitcoin holder"

wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

some people don't know the diference between "price doesn't matter for the future of Bitcoin" and "price doesn't matter for the Bitcoin holder"

First of all, price always matters in capitalism. I dont know why ypud say something like that. Would u not consider the PRICE when u someday finally purchase your OWN btc??
If youre talking about blockchain i agree.
You also said that transaction volume increased and so is usage. You know that bots trading also count as transaction volume right? We're not talking about daily human life transaction sir.
Also usage, whered u get that idea that usage has increased? Because expedia and dell accepts it?
I saw a post where someone at newegg said they got only few btc payments in months.
I thought we this community all knew about these. Apparently not

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:35:23 PM

First of all, price always matters in capitalism. I dont know why ypud say something like that. Would u not consider the PRICE when u someday finally purchase your OWN btc??
If youre talking about blockchain i agree.

I am talking actualy about the tecnology, so yes, the blockchain. maybe I got the whole topic wrong and was offtopic.

BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:31:05 AM

Well if the price of bitcoin is low enough (or not high enough) then people will not invest their time and resources in the development of bitcoin, and people will have little reason to adopt bitcoin or for merchants to accept bitcoin
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 04:07:37 AM

It's not about having a higher price, its about having a fixed price whatever that is for us to make a mark on world economy.

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:10:01 AM

Well if the price of bitcoin is low enough (or not high enough) then people will not invest their time and resources in the development of bitcoin, and people will have little reason to adopt bitcoin or for merchants to accept bitcoin

the value of the tecnology has nothing to do with the price, so I disagree......The valuation was nice to make Bitcoin known all over the world, but as we all know it actualy makes adoption for merciants almost impossible.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: