Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People think price it not important but it does matter a lot  (Read 3214 times)
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:21:21 AM

if price keep rising and dropping then big bussiness won't implement this payment method
for the future of bitcoin stability of bitcoin price is important
people want a stable currency
wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:31:59 PM

Honestly. I own decent amount of coins myself and i love the technology. Heck i even read how the protocol works. I enjoyed it.
But im coming to a conclusion that ive overrated bitcoin myself. Or maybe the world isnt ready..too early?
Overall i think it was/is a good experiment..

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 01:35:39 PM

Price definitely is an important element, but the long term fundamentals of bitcoin is what truly matters.

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2407
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:50:17 PM

But im coming to a conclusion that ive overrated bitcoin myself.

the real big thing about blockchain might be other than "beeing a currency", for example: http://www.proofofexistence.com/about

wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:58:13 PM

I remember my dad started online traveling website like expedia back in 1995 in my home country. (Not usa)
His company was the only company in the country that had online booking. He was the first to bring web online booking to the country.  I mean it was prett amazing back then he was very impressed. I still remember him buying the booking engine from germany travel company he was excited
His company closed not too long after. No one booked online. It was all thru phone and mail. Actual paper documents.
I wonder what id been like if he started that little later.
I kinda relate this to bitcoin sometimes.
Not saying bitcoin is closed or failed but mass is not ready i think. Even when we explain and explain ppl dont get it. Theyre like so its a stock? Jesus f

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Vessko

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:33:47 PM

Bitcoin-as-money is a failure. The real innovation that has a bright future is the-blockchain-as-a-trustless-payment-method.

Why are you even here?

Because I find the concept of the blockchain fascinating and, as I said, I think that it has a bright future. So, I want to keep up with the developments in this area.

What you just said......is not from someone who loves Bitcoin as a concept but thought he might get rich quick.
I don't "love" Bitcoin. I have not invested a single cent in it and do not expect to "get rich quick" from it, either. As I said, I think that the attempt to replace money with it is a failure.

Never forget that Bitcoin is really two things - a currency and a payment method. Satoshi's paper talks very little about it as "money". It talks mostly about how to solve the double-spending problem, how you can have a payment method that does not require you to trust third parties. This is the truly revolutionary idea and this is what has a bright future - the public blockchain as a trustless payment method.

A whole economy can be built on this idea, with neither the producer, nor the consumer ever seeing a single "Bitcoin" as money. For both of them Bicoin can remain some remote, theoretical concept like IMF's SDRs. Behind the scenes, transactions can be transparently converted into cryptocoins (Bitcoin or any other altcoin - doesn't matter) and transferred via the blockchain, crossing international borders. Forcing the consumer to "buy Bitcoins" and spend them is stupid. Forcing the producer to "accept Bitcoins" and then wonder what to do with them and which way the price will go the next hour is stupid. Instead, we should concentrate on building an infrastructure based on the blockchain idea that hides all these technicalities from the transacting parties.
Ruthful

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:44:17 AM

Bitcoin-as-money is a failure. The real innovation that has a bright future is the-blockchain-as-a-trustless-payment-method.

Why are you even here?

Because I find the concept of the blockchain fascinating and, as I said, I think that it has a bright future. So, I want to keep up with the developments in this area.

What you just said......is not from someone who loves Bitcoin as a concept but thought he might get rich quick.
I don't "love" Bitcoin. I have not invested a single cent in it and do not expect to "get rich quick" from it, either. As I said, I think that the attempt to replace money with it is a failure.

Never forget that Bitcoin is really two things - a currency and a payment method. Satoshi's paper talks very little about it as "money". It talks mostly about how to solve the double-spending problem, how you can have a payment method that does not require you to trust third parties. This is the truly revolutionary idea and this is what has a bright future - the public blockchain as a trustless payment method.

A whole economy can be built on this idea, with neither the producer, nor the consumer ever seeing a single "Bitcoin" as money. For both of them Bicoin can remain some remote, theoretical concept like IMF's SDRs. Behind the scenes, transactions can be transparently converted into cryptocoins (Bitcoin or any other altcoin - doesn't matter) and transferred via the blockchain, crossing international borders. Forcing the consumer to "buy Bitcoins" and spend them is stupid. Forcing the producer to "accept Bitcoins" and then wonder what to do with them and which way the price will go the next hour is stupid. Instead, we should concentrate on building an infrastructure based on the blockchain idea that hides all these technicalities from the transacting parties.

+1
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: