Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:59:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin just a stupid game for bored nerds?  (Read 3873 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 02:24:14 AM

OP you have been warned, these guys are not joking so keep poking and soon you will find out how how we deal with "intelligent" people like you.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:25:00 AM

OP you have been warned, these guys are not joking so keep poking and soon you will find out how how we deal with "intelligent" people like you.

WINNING!!!
Faisal7 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:35:05 AM

I'm all up for games.

Let's play.

Let me start off the game like -- take your warning and shove it.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:51:09 AM

Ok OP,

1)  So, you come on the forum looking for highly-skilled programmers to develop a website for you...no luck.

2)  Attitude quickly turns belligerent and you start talking about disharmony within the community.  Alright.

3)  Then, you want to be a taxi driver for BTC...OK.

4)  No response.

5)  Then, this thread is created.  Attitude quickly shifts again and the arrogance of the all-knowing emerges.

Note:  You registered less than 2 weeks ago.

So, a few possibilities emerge.  Since you claim you had known about BTC for months, my guess is that you either missed out on the June Bubble or lost quite a bit on the way down from it and are bitter.  Obviously, you didn't get in before the June bubble and escape with a handsome profit or you wouldn't be here bitching about the "little game" we're playing.  

It's also possible you're just mentally unstable and are largely unaware of your apparent contradictions in personal intention.

A few other possibilities exist, but they aren't much brighter.

My advice:  Don't be so bitter.  When ASIC miners are released, if you act quick enough you will be able to catch another glorious opportunity to profit.  Don't be late to the bus 'cause it's going to be jam-packed.  

Faisal7 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:54:16 AM

Ok OP,

1)  So, you come on the forum looking for highly-skilled programmers to develop a website for you...no luck.

2)  Attitude quickly turns belligerent and you start talking about disharmony within the community.  Alright.

4)  No response.

5)  Then, this thread is created.  Attitude quickly shifts again and the arrogance of the all-knowing emerges.

So, a few possibilities emerge.  Since you claim you had known about BTC for months, my guess is that you either missed out on the June Bubble or lost quite a bit on the way down from it and are bitter.  Obviously, you didn't get in before the June bubble and escape with a handsome profit or you wouldn't be here bitching about the "little game" we're playing.  

It's also possible you're just mentally unstable and are largely unaware of your apparent contradictions in personal intention.

My advice:  Don't be so bitter.  When ASIC miners are released, if you act quick enough you will be able to catch another glorious opportunity to profit.  Don't be late to the bus 'cause it's going to be jam-packed.  

ASIC miners. lol.

wtf are those?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:56:24 AM

Ok OP,

4)  No response.

ASIC miners. lol.

wtf are those?
Code:
                  ,.=ctE55ttt553tzs.,
             ,,c5;z==!!::::  .::7:==it3>.,
          ,xC;z!::::::    ::::::::::::!=c33x,
        ,czz!:::::  ::;;..===:..:::   ::::!ct3.
      ,C;/.:: :  ;=c!:::::::::::::::..      !tt3.
     /z/.:   :;z!:::::J  :E3.  E:::::::..     !ct3.
   ,E;F   ::;t::::::::J  :E3.  E::.     ::.     \ttL
  ;E7.    :c::::F******   **.  *==c;..    ::     Jttk
 .EJ.    ;::::::L                   "\:.   ::.    Jttl
 [:.    :::::::::773.    JE773zs.     I:. ::::.    It3L
;:[     L:::::::::::L    |t::!::J     |::::::::    :Et3
[:L    !::::::::::::L    |t::;z2F    .Et:::.:::.  ::[13
E:.    !::::::::::::L               =Et::::::::!  ::|13
E:.    (::::::::::::L    .......       \:::::::!  ::|i3
[:L    !::::      ::L    |3t::::!3.     ]::::::.  ::[13
!:(     .:::::    ::L    |t::::::3L     |:::::; ::::EE3
 E3.    :::::::::;z5.    Jz;;;z=F.     :E:::::.::::II3[
 Jt1.    :::::::[                    ;z5::::;.::::;3t3
  \z1.::::::::::l......   ..   ;.=ct5::::::/.::::;Et3L
   \t3.:::::::::::::::J  :E3.  Et::::::::;!:::::;5E3L
    "cz\.:::::::::::::J   E3.  E:::::::z!     ;Zz37`
      \z3.       ::;:::::::::::::::;='      ./355F
        \z3x.         ::~======='         ,c253F
          "tz3=.                      ..c5t32^
             "=zz3==...         ...=t3z13P^
                 `*=zjzczIIII3zzztE3>*^`
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:59:36 AM

Ok OP,

4)  No response.

ASIC miners. lol.

wtf are those?
Code:
                  ,.=ctE55ttt553tzs.,
             ,,c5;z==!!::::  .::7:==it3>.,
          ,xC;z!::::::    ::::::::::::!=c33x,
        ,czz!:::::  ::;;..===:..:::   ::::!ct3.
      ,C;/.:: :  ;=c!:::::::::::::::..      !tt3.
     /z/.:   :;z!:::::J  :E3.  E:::::::..     !ct3.
   ,E;F   ::;t::::::::J  :E3.  E::.     ::.     \ttL
  ;E7.    :c::::F******   **.  *==c;..    ::     Jttk
 .EJ.    ;::::::L                   "\:.   ::.    Jttl
 [:.    :::::::::773.    JE773zs.     I:. ::::.    It3L
;:[     L:::::::::::L    |t::!::J     |::::::::    :Et3
[:L    !::::::::::::L    |t::;z2F    .Et:::.:::.  ::[13
E:.    !::::::::::::L               =Et::::::::!  ::|13
E:.    (::::::::::::L    .......       \:::::::!  ::|i3
[:L    !::::      ::L    |3t::::!3.     ]::::::.  ::[13
!:(     .:::::    ::L    |t::::::3L     |:::::; ::::EE3
 E3.    :::::::::;z5.    Jz;;;z=F.     :E:::::.::::II3[
 Jt1.    :::::::[                    ;z5::::;.::::;3t3
  \z1.::::::::::l......   ..   ;.=ct5::::::/.::::;Et3L
   \t3.:::::::::::::::J  :E3.  Et::::::::;!:::::;5E3L
    "cz\.:::::::::::::J   E3.  E:::::::z!     ;Zz37`
      \z3.       ::;:::::::::::::::;='      ./355F
        \z3x.         ::~======='         ,c253F
          "tz3=.                      ..c5t32^
             "=zz3==...         ...=t3z13P^
                 `*=zjzczIIII3zzztE3>*^`
ASCII what you did there.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:03:03 AM

Ok OP,

4)  No response.

ASIC miners. lol.

wtf are those?

GPUs are like busses.  They don't go very fast and they require a lot of energy, but they take you wherever you want to go, accommodate many people, and are appropriate for a variety of occasions.

FPGAs are like hybrids.  They still don't go very fast and accommodate fewer people, but they conserve energy and still are appropriate for a variety of occasions.

ASICs are like Ferraris.  They have one purpose and one purpose only -- to go fast and to be as efficient at doing this as possible.
Faisal7 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:09:51 AM

Ok OP,

4)  No response.

ASIC miners. lol.

wtf are those?

GPUs are like busses.  They don't go very fast and they require a lot of energy, but they take you wherever you want to go, accommodate many people, and are appropriate for a variety of occasions.

FPGAs are like hybrids.  They still don't go very fast and accommodate fewer people, but they conserve energy and still are appropriate for a variety of occasions.

ASICs are like Ferraris.  They have one purpose and one purpose only -- to go fast and to be as efficient at doing this as possible.

so I assume they, like Ferrari engines, don't last long before needing expensive maintenance?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:16:33 AM

so I assume they, like Ferrari engines, don't last long before needing expensive maintenance?

Right, except they have no expensive moving parts (only the fan) and not anywhere near as much heat.  As long as you keep your fan from accumulating too much dust and throwing a bearing, they should last at least a decade.  If the fan does go, most miners will shut themselves off.  As soon as you replace the fan for < $10 you'll be good to go again.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 03:18:48 AM

Few extra grand in my pocket and a wealth of computer hardware knowledge obtained in the past year --> soooo stupid.

Get out before you get eaten alive.

Remind me to go dutch when we finally meet up for dinner.

~Bruno~
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:20:24 AM

Few extra grand in my pocket and a wealth of computer hardware knowledge obtained in the past year --> soooo stupid.

Get out before you get eaten alive.

Remind me to go dutch when we finally meet up for dinner.

~Bruno~

Oh no, don't think you're gettin' out of this one, Slick.

And I'm going to need a strong drink to get that acidic taste out of my mouth  Cheesy
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:31:35 AM

Hmm... lets see:

(1) I've profited from various business deals relating to bitcoin
(2) I now have assets that no-one can seize or hyperinflate
(3) I have a chance to start my own business with ZERO licensing and legal fees - in the "real world" it would have cost probably half a million dollars to start, therefore requiring me to sell off major equity, deal with corrupt regulatory agencies, etc. ( the big banks own the regulators, their real job is to kill the little guy )
(4) I have made new friends. This forum has a lot of smart and funny people ( not enough women though Wink )
(5) I'm having FUN! A LOT of it.
(6) Bitcoin is awesome. Very.

Hmmm, anything else I'm missing here?
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 07:16:25 PM

dontfeedthetroll.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print