Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN PAYROLL IS NOW HERE  (Read 1824 times)
theblacksquid (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:22:54 AM

Bitwage has released their Bitcoin Payroll for the Individual. News article with details below:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitwage-unveils-bitcoin-payroll-individual-regardless-employer-approval/

Even if it looks like its only available for the US so far, it's still a great development in the space. KUDOS!!!

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcshare

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:51:57 AM

Sounds a good news!thanks for sharing with us!

my twitter:@Bitcoinsell
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:17:51 PM

That is good news. It would be even better if employee is paid BTC directly.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:33:19 PM

More and more of good news are arising on the market. Hope the day is coming soon on which the price of bitcoin is skyrocketing.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:37:59 PM

Great news make sure you show your support by following the twitter feed, we need global options Smiley

https://twitter.com/Bitwage
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:27:03 PM

Bitwage has released their Bitcoin Payroll for the Individual. News article with details below:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitwage-unveils-bitcoin-payroll-individual-regardless-employer-approval/

Even if it looks like its only available for the US so far, it's still a great development in the space. KUDOS!!!
one more good news for us all, Bitcoins.
hopefully this can be imitated by all countries. bitcoin only need recognition for himself, so that he feels appreciated. and the price will go up. we need the government to be here and listen to our complaints
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

This is great news.
They should work on implementing it across the world.
Getting your hands on bitcoins is real difficult in some countries.

FlashCrash

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:53:56 AM

Awesome news! Smiley

One step at a time Smiley,  can only imagine if employers can pay in bitcoin more public awareness =)
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:11:00 AM

Great news one more step to BTC adoption.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

We need something like this in Australia, I would sign up to get at least $100 of my pay in bitcoin, are there fees high?

BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:16:40 AM

I think we are a long way from any serious number of people wanting to get paid in bitcoin like this until the price of bitcoin stabilizes for long periods of time and when many more merchants start to accept and give discounts for paying in bitcoin
CryptoGains

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:13:57 AM

I think we are a long way from any serious number of people wanting to get paid in bitcoin like this until the price of bitcoin stabilizes for long periods of time and when many more merchants start to accept and give discounts for paying in bitcoin

I agree, People would only want to get paid in btc so they can hold some part of it which is possible only after price of bitcoin stabilzes otherwise it would be of no use if they have to convert btc to fiat immediately after getting it.
factor280

Activity: 326

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:20:23 AM

That is impressive. Hopefully employees begin paying in btc soon too!

Sig Space for Rent! PM Me.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:27:15 AM

I'm confused, how is this different than buying BTC with Circle or Coinbase on payday?
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:45:23 AM

Was about to give it a try but it only works for US employers at the moment  Undecided

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:16:00 AM

I'm confused, how is this different than buying BTC with Circle or Coinbase on payday?

Maybe it happens automatically once set up? For me it would be nice if I could get my yearly bonus checks automatically converted to bitcoins and sent directly to my offline address.
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:16:44 AM

Maybe it happens automatically once set up? For me it would be nice if I could get my yearly bonus checks automatically converted to bitcoins and sent directly to my offline address.

George, come to me and I'll make that happen for you for a small fee. Wink

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:00:18 AM

this seems like a nice step forward for btc.... maybe after more people have the BTC option on payroll, but what would happen with taxes that are taken out of yourpayroll check as I am sure the gov't is not ready to accept btc to fund their pockets since they can not print it at ease and take it at will
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 09:32:34 AM

this seems like a nice step forward for btc.... maybe after more people have the BTC option on payroll, but what would happen with taxes that are taken out of yourpayroll check as I am sure the gov't is not ready to accept btc to fund their pockets since they can not print it at ease and take it at will

Does your bank take taxes out of your check when you get your money or does your company?

Do you think all of that will be taken care of before they give you your bitcoins?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:20:42 PM

See, yeah, that's what I'm wondering. First of all at what rate would they do the exchange. If they do an insane rate like some of these ATM machines, forget it!
Second, it seem that they will issue you a 1099 at the end of the year. Will they withdraw taxes themselves or will that 1099 be extra or stuff like that..

I'm happy for the initiative and the creative idea though. This is definitely growth of BTC and another field of adoption that hasn't been explored yet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: