Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bouny Hunter: Bitalo DDOS attacker discussion  (Read 11565 times)
snitch

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:05:15 PM

Ok. I am going to pm you so watch for it in a few!
snitch

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:06:08 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 10:20:55 AM by snitch

done
Bitalo_Martin

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:33:04 PM

OK so our server team finally came up with some full log files

https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T02LX3L4D-F030BMV6G/download/ddos.log.zip

Maybe someone can go back via these logs. 100 BTC should be worth some digging :-)

thanks and good hunting.
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:17:00 PM

Who raised the 100 BTC for the bounty?

sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:37:29 AM

Who raised the 100 BTC for the bounty?

Its probably from people, who want to put an end to his threats of DDosing their sites.
Bitalo_Martin

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

It is a "private" bounty from one of the Bitalo founders, as he considers it a key objective to show that extortion and blackmail will not be tolerated and to remove malicious idiots from the net that could slow down the progress of Bitcoin as technology as soon as possible.

DD4BC

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:37:17 PM

Since "private" bounty from one of the Bitalo founders, sissy boy Martin Albert, will never be paid and he knows it, the only reason for it is a free publicity.
cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:43:17 AM

It is a "private" bounty from one of the Bitalo founders, as he considers it a key objective to show that extortion and blackmail will not be tolerated and to remove malicious idiots from the net that could slow down the progress of Bitcoin as technology as soon as possible.

But how would you guys go about proving, that he was reponsible for the DDOs attacks on those sites?

Bitalo_Martin

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:12:48 AM

thats indeed tricky, and this is what the bounty hunters can do now :-)
Bitalo_Martin

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:20:06 AM

Indeed I agree with DD4BC, the bounty will probably never have to be paid, since DD4BC has probably really no friends to talk with,
BUT, and that is our hope, in some other scenario he told a "friend" about his super cool action and the "friend" can now decide if his friendship to cover up a petty criminal is worth 100 BTC ;-)
snitch

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:50:29 AM

But how would you guys go about proving, that he was reponsible for the DDOs attacks on those sites?

I've already expressed this to Martin earlier. You can spoof an IP but you can't spoof stupid.

@dd4bc, I'm pretty sure you are wrong and that he will pay the bounty. If he didn't, his reputation would be completely ruined and that would defeat the original purpose of his bounty. If he didn't want to protect his entity and reputation, he would not give a rats ass about you, nor care to pay someone else to find you.

You are a little cocky dd4bc, as if you thought of yourself to be some type of invisible virtual god, or something. Weird.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:52:47 AM

I've already expressed this to Martin earlier. You can spoof an IP but you can't spoof stupid.

@dd4bc, I'm pretty sure you are wrong and that he will pay the bounty. If he didn't, his reputation would be completely ruined and that would defeat the original purpose of his bounty. If he didn't want to protect his entity and reputation, he would not give a rats ass about you, nor care to pay someone else to find you.

You are a little cocky dd4bc, as if you thought of yourself to be some type of invisible virtual god, or something. Weird.

Interested in following this Smiley
hashie

Activity: 322

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

We'll contribute 10 BTC to this bounty.

Should we send it to 1MmoevQactzxkTLvsgrKccZcHUiXLHqLXR ?

In the event that the bounty is not claimed in by the end of 2015, please donate the BTC to a Bitcoin accepting charity.

@Snitch: Can you forward us (support@hashie.co) what you have found? We might be able to 'get more' out of it Smiley Your bounty is safe and we won't claim anything, we're interested in justice.

DD4BC

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:10:43 AM

He would have to pay it if somebody really finds me, but he knew from the beginning that it will not happen, so he created this bounty just to get some publicity for his useless site without members. I hope that he got a few from all those articles on the web. Smiley
DD4BC

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

In the event that the bounty is not claimed in by the end of 2015, please donate the BTC to a Bitcoin accepting charity.

@Snitch: Can you forward us (support@hashie.co) what you have found? We might be able to 'get more' out of it Smiley Your bounty is safe and we won't claim anything, we're interested in justice.

And here comes the admin of ponzi scheme "interested in justice".

I have a better idea: By the end of 2015 (even before) you will stop paying your members, so with 10 BTC (of your members money) let's create another bounty - to find you. Cheesy
snitch

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:28:13 AM

I've only uploaded info to blockchain. I have not even sent it to Martin yet.

I asked him if he would be willing to negotiate on lowering bounty for the actual ID...instead of using the conviction as the end determinant of collecting the bounty. So many factors influence that outcome, many beyond my control and his - even with a correct ID the criminal process cant guarantee a conviction, especially internationally. He had reservations about this type of negotiation, and I understand them completely.

I think my only option here really is to contact law enforcement myself and provide them with the same info i uploaded to blockchain; and hope that the end results in the required conviction for Martin. Martin has given me info on the LE entity he originally reported to.

He would have to pay it if somebody really finds me, but he knew from the beginning that it will not happen, so he created this bounty just to get some publicity for his useless site without members. I hope that he got a few from all those articles on the web. Smiley

If someone really finds you?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

wait hold on....

LOLOLLOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOL
hashie

Activity: 322

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:44:47 AM

Got you Smiley

Depending on the jurisdiction, there might be a more thorough response if a citizen/resident contacts law enforcement. Do you feel comfortable disclosing the jurisdiction of DD4BC privately?

Bitalo_Martin

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:47:00 AM

Have you ever looked into the site? ;-)

Bitalo is the most secure bitcoin service with most secure technlogy fully implemented. We use multi-signature wallets where private keys are fully encrypted on user-side and coins are fully protected by backup tansactions so that you get the coins out, even when the site is completely offline. On top of that coins are covered up to 50.000 EUR for losses. As to mandatory two-factor authentication you can even setup a wallet on a fully compromised computer and you will never lose a single coin.

But, as we said multiple times, the site is not finished yet, we will release the full User interface and the various services (product market, airbnb module etc) only end of the year.
ruggedinbox.com

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:47:29 PM

Hi, same here, target: ruggedinbox.com

Original text:

Hi, we just received this message:

You are going under DDoS attack unless you pay me 1 BTC in next 30 minutes to 1MRFFgSexGzyWgbLEhX1Bi3YXR6FaaebV8

Do not ignore me, as it will just increase the price. Smiley

Once you pay me you are free from me for lifetime of your site.

If you think that I'm bluffing, Google my name. Smiley

Thank you.

(sender: dd4bc@unseen.is)

Our answer:
this is a volunteer based project, which provides an anonymous, Tor friendly email service, 100% free and ad free.
You may want to direct your energies somewhere else, since you'll not see a penny from us.
ruggedinbox.com

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:18:50 PM

Follow up:

we contacted our server farm and after short time they enabled their anti-DDOS filter.

Now our services are up and running!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: