Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to get paid in Bitcoin?  (Read 4319 times)
dimsky

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

There's really no risk right? If you don't believe in BTCs, then covert them to fiat. Otherwise hold them in BTCs and hope for long term growth and to spend. Or a mix of the two. What's the harm?
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

I start my new job at a very large petrochemical company next month. Hopefully their payroll processor is able to do this for me. With the amount I'll be getting paid I am hoping to put 40% into coins automatically this way, and continue living like I this amount was taxed from my wages, to encourage me to hodl.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:37:37 AM

I start my new job at a very large petrochemical company next month. Hopefully their payroll processor is able to do this for me. With the amount I'll be getting paid I am hoping to put 40% into coins automatically this way, and continue living like I this amount was taxed from my wages, to encourage me to hodl.

From the looks of it, if you can do direct deposit, you can use bitwage.co.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:45:14 PM

You can:
https://www.bitwage.co

I have been an advocate of a Bitcoin Credit Union because I thought that this was the only way to get paid in Bitcoin by giving your company a direct deposit number. But it looks like this company has figured out how to do it by going through payroll services (I think).

I signed up but don't have my phone for authentication but I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes. I would love to get paid in Bitcoin. With a Xapo card and localbitcoins for cash I can drop my banks very soon.

Update:
I was able to get my account set up and log in (I had some complications because I live in Germany working for a US company). Their customer service is great, my problem was sorted out quickly and easily, if you have problems click the little chat window on the bottom right of the screen.

Once I got my profile set up it asks for my company name, company website, my company's payroll company and the payroll company's website. Most of us do not know these things offhand and will need to work with your HR. I will be working on this to see how easy it is from there and let you know how it goes.

Update 2:
I e-mailed my HR and asked what payroll service they use because I needed it for bitwage.co so I can get paid in bitcoins. They responded after what appeared to be a long e-mail chain bouncing around all over the payroll department asking if anyone can help out, finally responding that I need to speak with my specific HR representative. Fortunately, in their lengthy e-mail chain they are talking about the Payroll company they use. So I submitted that to bitwage.co and I am currently in the verification process.

A bit of advice when asking your HR department about your payroll company: don't tell them it's for bitcoin or bitwage. Just ask for the name of the payroll company. You can use google to find the website from the name. You can tell them why after they give you the name but mentioning bitcoin is like going to the train station and saying you're going on vacation to Hawaii and what is the best route to get there.

Update 3:
My Verification level 1 was completed. I was able to do my Verification level 2 by submitting a photo of my ID and proof of address. Once that was verified I was able to get to the part where I enter my Bitcoin Address. With my Bitcoin address entered they provide me with a bank account and routing number to give to my payroll for direct deposit. My direct deposit website at my company allows me to create a fixed dollar amount account and a net account for anything over that amount. I stuck a test amount of $500 in my fixed dollar amount to go to the Bitcoin direct deposit. Now I will wait to see if it goes through.

Update 4:
Just got an e-mail saying my payment went through, $500 at $317/BTC -> 1.56992012 sent to my Bitcoin address.
Next, I will convert all of my paycheck to bitcoins. I can covert BTC->USD as needed.

interesting, will look into this

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

No I wouldnt like to get paid in bitcoin, at least not currently. The price is too volatile at the moment and actually tends to drop more often than not, so I like getting fiat and buying what I can afford each month.
DingoStar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

Totally agree. Currently bitcoin is not strong enough to get paid in it.
Luckylui

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

No I wouldnt like to get paid in bitcoin, at least not currently. The price is too volatile at the moment and actually tends to drop more often than not, so I like getting fiat and buying what I can afford each month.

Well..

If your payroll is @ $500..

BTC is @ 325.00

When you get that $ from BTC.. & let's just say tomorrow BTC rises to 334.00

How happy would you be?

FIAT doesn't increase in value. BTC does Smiley

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: