Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to get paid in Bitcoin?  (Read 4307 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 09:22:25 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 02:53:42 AM by Elwar

You can:
https://www.bitwage.co

I have been an advocate of a Bitcoin Credit Union because I thought that this was the only way to get paid in Bitcoin by giving your company a direct deposit number. But it looks like this company has figured out how to do it by going through payroll services (I think).

I signed up but don't have my phone for authentication but I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes. I would love to get paid in Bitcoin. With a Xapo card and localbitcoins for cash I can drop my banks very soon.

Update:
I was able to get my account set up and log in (I had some complications because I live in Germany working for a US company). Their customer service is great, my problem was sorted out quickly and easily, if you have problems click the little chat window on the bottom right of the screen.

Once I got my profile set up it asks for my company name, company website, my company's payroll company and the payroll company's website. Most of us do not know these things offhand and will need to work with your HR. I will be working on this to see how easy it is from there and let you know how it goes.

Update 2:
I e-mailed my HR and asked what payroll service they use because I needed it for bitwage.co so I can get paid in bitcoins. They responded after what appeared to be a long e-mail chain bouncing around all over the payroll department asking if anyone can help out, finally responding that I need to speak with my specific HR representative. Fortunately, in their lengthy e-mail chain they are talking about the Payroll company they use. So I submitted that to bitwage.co and I am currently in the verification process.

A bit of advice when asking your HR department about your payroll company: don't tell them it's for bitcoin or bitwage. Just ask for the name of the payroll company. You can use google to find the website from the name. You can tell them why after they give you the name but mentioning bitcoin is like going to the train station and saying you're going on vacation to Hawaii and what is the best route to get there.

Update 3:
My Verification level 1 was completed. I was able to do my Verification level 2 by submitting a photo of my ID and proof of address. Once that was verified I was able to get to the part where I enter my Bitcoin Address. With my Bitcoin address entered they provide me with a bank account and routing number to give to my payroll for direct deposit. My direct deposit website at my company allows me to create a fixed dollar amount account and a net account for anything over that amount. I stuck a test amount of $500 in my fixed dollar amount to go to the Bitcoin direct deposit. Now I will wait to see if it goes through.

Update 4:
Just got an e-mail saying my payment went through, $500 at $317/BTC -> 1.56992012 sent to my Bitcoin address.
Next, I will convert all of my paycheck to bitcoins. I can covert BTC->USD as needed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:41:50 AM

I signed up but don't have my phone for authentication but I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes. I would love to get paid in Bitcoin. With a Xapo card and localbitcoins for cash I can drop my banks very soon.

Getting paid in bitcoin is a huge step in making the economy grow, quite possibly the biggest single thing. 

So apparently 250,000 people have/use bitcoin (not sure if that is accurate) imagine just 10k of these getting full wages in BTC.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:12:06 AM

So apparently 250,000 people have/use bitcoin (not sure if that is accurate) imagine just 10k of these getting full wages in BTC.

10k people getting paid on average $2k every 2 weeks would bring $20 million into the Bitcoin economy every 2 weeks.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BulkBound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:42:10 AM

Wow this would be good if one of these could open in every single country at the moment it's limited to 50 states of america.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

Interview with Jonathan Chester the Co-founder, Chief Strategic Officer and Compliance Officer with BitWage.
https://soundcloud.com/reverendjohnny/get-paid-in-bitcoin-with-bitwageco-the-future-of-payroll
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

Once this starts rolling, it is going to put forth positive growth towards the BTC economy.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

It is a risky business, putting your wages into bitcoins. If I could pay my electric and water bills with bitcoins without any trouble, I might consider, but the bitcoin is too unstable to rely my daily income on, I am at the moment a slave of my mortgage and other bills I need to pay, if it does not add up at the end of the month because btc plumeted I have a problem.

Given the fact most bills need to be paid just right after my salary comes in, it would probably work out without too much los and maybe some profit, but it would not be a bitcoin economy, but a conversion from bitcoin to the current currencies to pay the bills and a correction on my salary each month, if the btc to $ rises, the amount of btc of income would be lower, if it falls, it would be high.

segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

It is a risky business, putting your wages into bitcoins. If I could pay my electric and water bills with bitcoins without any trouble, I might consider, but the bitcoin is too unstable to rely my daily income on, I am at the moment a slave of my mortgage and other bills I need to pay, if it does not add up at the end of the month because btc plumeted I have a problem.

Given the fact most bills need to be paid just right after my salary comes in, it would probably work out without too much los and maybe some profit, but it would not be a bitcoin economy, but a conversion from bitcoin to the current currencies to pay the bills and a correction on my salary each month, if the btc to $ rises, the amount of btc of income would be lower, if it falls, it would be high.

That is why it is not for everyone.
It is on a pick and choose basis.

Individuals in your predicament who are broke should not opt-out of fiat just yet.
Mind you I said broke, not poor.

Sit tight...

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:32:39 PM

I would like to recieve in Bitcoin which is automaticly hedged. Would be nice to be possible

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:10:35 PM

all businesses and jobs took risks. and it is reasonable, depending on how we think to reduce that risk. and with the same bitcoin, bitcoin risk must exist when the price goes down, but when the price goes up you are not enjoying it too , Cheesy
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:23:49 PM

I'd like to be paid 20% of my wages in bitcoin. I can use 80% of fiat wages to pay only accepted fiat bills and spend the bitcoin at the bitcoin friendly stores. So I don't need to  bother to convert them to each other when necessary.

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:02:22 PM

I'd like to be paid 20% of my wages in bitcoin. I can use 80% of fiat wages to pay only accepted fiat bills and spend the bitcoin at the bitcoin friendly stores. So I don't need to  bother to convert them to each other when necessary.

That is a good idea. I would like to treat BTC as saving/hedge against inflation and use it when necessary.
bornil267645

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Excellent idea. But the thing is,bitcoin will always be in the rope and accepting that as a payment would be a brave mood.

plasterer

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:29:26 PM

Well i am in the middle off getting a web page made up for my work, And i will be offering part payment in bitcoin for work carried out.
Got to give it a try Smiley   nothing to lose.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

Getting paid in bitcoin is a huge step in making the economy grow, quite possibly the biggest single thing. 

Agreed. I've been saying this for a while, especially over the past 6 months as people have been trumpeting the various merchant-acceptance announcements. That's obviously a great thing long-run too, but the situation has gotten too lopsided, and we need more bitcoin wages.

Love seeing the Bitwage launch. Hopefully this and BitPay's Payroll API will start to close the loop...

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
o_o

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Yeas, I would like to get paid in bitcoin, maybe this could be a good way to increase the bitcoin popularity !
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

No way!  I mean sure it'd be an interesting venture but doubt I could handle it, but I'd probably not say this is bitcoin shot up in price afterwards lol.  I just don't think the stability is there yet, not to mention how it's still manipulated.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
zoukenn

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:08:16 PM

Of course. But i prefer a way that allow me to held my bitcoin and not convert instantly with Bitpay. So, I appreciate this type of system and not Bitpay which decrease the bitcoin value  Angry

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

I'd prefer gold. That working without Internet and probably not fluctuate 50% within a few minutes Smiley. Maybe later.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

Agreed. I've been saying this for a while, especially over the past 6 months as people have been trumpeting the various merchant-acceptance announcements. That's obviously a great thing long-run too, but the situation has gotten too lopsided, and we need more bitcoin wages.

IMO both are very necessary for Bitcoin to gain usage. Without any retailers willing to accept Bitcoin (or at least major retailers) there won't be that many people using it as a currency and more as a store of value. On the other hand you need people to have a means of easily getting Bitcoin (exchanges while not difficult to use may to some extent intimidate an average user & it feels as if you're already trading 'money' to BTC rather than to another currency) and this provides another point of access for those people.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 02:10:18 AM

i don't think i would want all my pay in bitcoin just yet, the market can be very volatile. BTC could easily lose 10-20% overnight and a $1000 weekly pay check might be $100-200 lighter. Would make it hard to budget.

as4406

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:16:30 AM

yeah, i would like.
but u know if everyone can get paid in Bitcoin, then who else would stay in bank or company?
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

Love seeing the Bitwage launch. Hopefully this and BitPay's Payroll API will start to close the loop...
I would say that we need to see more merchants accept bitcoin that also offer some kind of discount/incentive for paying in bitcoin. If people are paid in bitcoin, but have no incentive to actually spend their bitcoin in the bitcoin economy then they will simply sell their newly acquired bitcoin on exchanges

MileyJohanson
Hiraga

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:10:20 AM

It's much easier to exchange fiat for bitcoins myself and I wouldn't want a bankaccount at some new unproven-to-be-safe bank.
This looks as an effort to centralize things and should not be trusted blindly.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:19:24 AM

I would say that we need to see more merchants accept bitcoin that also offer some kind of discount/incentive for paying in bitcoin. If people are paid in bitcoin, but have no incentive to actually spend their bitcoin in the bitcoin economy then they will simply sell their newly acquired bitcoin on exchanges

Agree with this.
Right now, I'm paid in bitcoin through my bitcoin signature campaign, but still I don't see many good shops or merchants, where I can spend this earned bitcoin.
So, mostly, I still have just 2 choices, to keep this bitcoin or withdraw.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 02:07:09 PM

More and more people are taking this option.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:18:43 PM

Updated the OP. Will post more until I am finally being paid 100% in Bitcoin.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:01:59 AM

Updated OP again.

I set up a test case so that $500 of my paycheck gets paid in Bitcoin.

The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:05:24 AM

someday people might not have a choice.  they will just get paid in Bitcoin by default.

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

yeah, i would like.
but u know if everyone can get paid in Bitcoin, then who else would stay in bank or company?

Over 7 millions people life in this planet, not everyone can get paid in btc Roll Eyes especially bangladesh Roll Eyes
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

I wouldn't mind having a certain percentage of my monthly salary converted to bitcoin. I think there is a way to do this with coinbase?

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:42:33 PM

I wouldn't mind having a certain percentage of my monthly salary converted to bitcoin. I think there is a way to do this with coinbase?

You can do that with bitwage.co, check the OP.

Does your direct deposit allow you to put a percentage into multiple bank accounts?

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:23:51 AM

Updated OP again.

I was able to get $500 of my paycheck converted to bitcoins. Went through to my Bitcoin address. Next step, full bitcoin paycheck.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:32:56 AM

At the moment, I'm paid for my signature campaign.
It will be great one time in the future, to be paid in BTC for my regular job, to receive my monthly salary in BTC Smiley
Of course, main condition for this will be to be able to spend this bitcoin everywhere, like dollar or Euro today.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:26:30 PM

$500 is a great outcome for starters. congrats.
I will wait until there are more spending options in my geography, then follow your example

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

It is also risky to get your pay check in fiat. Ask anyone in Russia...
rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:34:00 PM

I find it a little bit to risky at this moment. I prefer dollars or euros and spend the part i want to in bitcoins.
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:34:46 PM

I don't want to get paid with something that's already going out of fashion  Smiley
BigBertie

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

I don't want to get paid with something that's already going out of fashion  Smiley

OK.
That's it.
The gloves are off Young Mike.

I hope you are not too young because i am going to kick your arse.
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:24:19 PM

OK.
That's it.

Shut up newbie-boy  Smiley I'm the man. I made profits a year ago and now I'm the winner and those who came too late in the game and are still on the boat are Bob's food  Smiley
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:08:20 PM

Update 4:
Just got an e-mail saying my payment went through, $500 at $317/BTC -> 1.57425774 sent to my Bitcoin address.
Next, I will convert all of my paycheck to bitcoins. I can covert BTC->USD as needed.

That is pretty awesome!
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 08:19:20 PM

I would love to see scam mails show up from Nigerian princes that say there is 20,000,000$ in bitcoin free to take, only use this client to claim your bitcoin heritage...

Orangina

Activity: 309

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

Who wouldn't Grin That's just another huge step to the Bitcoin economy , BTC to da moon  Roll Eyes
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:00:33 PM

Corporate payments in BTC will be the future.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:18:38 PM

Congrats Elwar, i might think about doing this now.
We already have https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/ here so my bills are covered with BTC.
Food, well member glennmatthew has that covered here for me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=797982
I dont really need fiat anymore.

fatguyyyyy

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:58:07 PM

I already do get paid in bitcoins :-)

caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:02:42 AM

Not really. I do somework online for which I get paid in bitcoin. For my fulltime job, I would like to stick with FIAT as that can be used everywhere and bitcoin is still in the adoption phase.

UnlikelyStory

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:51:05 AM

No, swings are too big.
BigBertie

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

OK.
That's it.

Shut up newbie-boy  Smiley I'm the man. I made profits a year ago and now I'm the winner and those who came too late in the game and are still on the boat are Bob's food  Smiley

you shut up

a man eh.

nah smug boy more like.

So you got out last year. OK well done.
Now you come on here trolling how low it is going to go.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 12:10:06 PM

No, swings are too big.

You know when else the swings were too big? When the price was jumping from $8 to $4 and back within days. Now people wish they bought bitcoins back then but people had the exact same reasons for not getting into Bitcoin then.

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:47:16 PM

YES! Smiley
caga

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:52:24 PM

No, swings are too big.
600 to 300 is a pretty big swing imo Smiley
Even the one from 0.03$ to 1300$ was Smiley

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:23:00 PM

Probably yes, why not  Grin Bitcoin can be payment without any problem  Grin
caga

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:02:15 PM

Probably yes, why not  Grin Bitcoin can be payment without any problem  Grin
The risk is in the price. If you are paid 100K per year and price halves, then you could potentially lose 50K.
THats the risk you should be willing to take.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

Who wouldn't Grin That's just another huge step to the Bitcoin economy , BTC to da moon  Roll Eyes

You sure?

People will convert their coins into fiat in order to pay bills.

And if a company accepts bills to be paid in Bitcoin, then they just get fiat from the payment provider.

Either way, the Bitcoins will get sold.
caga

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Who wouldn't Grin That's just another huge step to the Bitcoin economy , BTC to da moon  Roll Eyes

You sure?

And if a company accepts bills to be paid in Bitcoin, then they just get fiat from the payment provider.

But that will be balanced with the bitcoins being bought by the company in first place.

1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

You sure?

But that will be balanced with the bitcoins being bought by the company in first place.

Could be, but this won't cause the price to go "to the moon" as some one mentioned.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

You sure?

It is all about liquidity.

If there are 1 million bitcoins available for trade and 100,000 people get paid 10 bitcoins per month there is a length of time between when those people obtain the bitcoins and they sell them.

If per month people keep their bitcoins for 2 weeks (get paid every other week, it takes a week before they cash them out) then the bitcoins available throughout the month is cut in half. This changes it from 1 million bitcoins available for trade to 500,000.

Every instance where bitcoins are taken off of the market contributes to a higher price.

1Referee
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

You sure?

It is all about liquidity.

If there are 1 million bitcoins available for trade and 100,000 people get paid 10 bitcoins per month there is a length of time between when those people obtain the bitcoins and they sell them.

If per month people keep their bitcoins for 2 weeks (get paid every other week, it takes a week before they cash them out) then the bitcoins available throughout the month is cut in half. This changes it from 1 million bitcoins available for trade to 500,000.

Every instance where bitcoins are taken off of the market contributes to a higher price.

I understand that, but that's if a lot people agree to get paid in Bitcoin. In current situation it won't do anything.

At this point it's pure gambling with your income if you decide to get paid in Bitcoin as you might end up with a huge loss or gain.

Makes it not very appealing to get paid in Bitcoin, with bills to be paid such as mortgage, insurance, car, electric, gas, etc
gamerholicdotcom

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:01:32 PM

getting wage in coins wouldnt be cool cuz there are not enaugh places that accept coins
dimsky

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

There's really no risk right? If you don't believe in BTCs, then covert them to fiat. Otherwise hold them in BTCs and hope for long term growth and to spend. Or a mix of the two. What's the harm?
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

I start my new job at a very large petrochemical company next month. Hopefully their payroll processor is able to do this for me. With the amount I'll be getting paid I am hoping to put 40% into coins automatically this way, and continue living like I this amount was taxed from my wages, to encourage me to hodl.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:37:37 AM

I start my new job at a very large petrochemical company next month. Hopefully their payroll processor is able to do this for me. With the amount I'll be getting paid I am hoping to put 40% into coins automatically this way, and continue living like I this amount was taxed from my wages, to encourage me to hodl.

From the looks of it, if you can do direct deposit, you can use bitwage.co.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:45:14 PM

You can:
https://www.bitwage.co

I have been an advocate of a Bitcoin Credit Union because I thought that this was the only way to get paid in Bitcoin by giving your company a direct deposit number. But it looks like this company has figured out how to do it by going through payroll services (I think).

Update:
I was able to get my account set up and log in (I had some complications because I live in Germany working for a US company). Their customer service is great, my problem was sorted out quickly and easily, if you have problems click the little chat window on the bottom right of the screen.

Once I got my profile set up it asks for my company name, company website, my company's payroll company and the payroll company's website. Most of us do not know these things offhand and will need to work with your HR. I will be working on this to see how easy it is from there and let you know how it goes.

Update 2:
I e-mailed my HR and asked what payroll service they use because I needed it for bitwage.co so I can get paid in bitcoins. They responded after what appeared to be a long e-mail chain bouncing around all over the payroll department asking if anyone can help out, finally responding that I need to speak with my specific HR representative. Fortunately, in their lengthy e-mail chain they are talking about the Payroll company they use. So I submitted that to bitwage.co and I am currently in the verification process.

A bit of advice when asking your HR department about your payroll company: don't tell them it's for bitcoin or bitwage. Just ask for the name of the payroll company. You can use google to find the website from the name. You can tell them why after they give you the name but mentioning bitcoin is like going to the train station and saying you're going on vacation to Hawaii and what is the best route to get there.

Update 3:
My Verification level 1 was completed. I was able to do my Verification level 2 by submitting a photo of my ID and proof of address. Once that was verified I was able to get to the part where I enter my Bitcoin Address. With my Bitcoin address entered they provide me with a bank account and routing number to give to my payroll for direct deposit. My direct deposit website at my company allows me to create a fixed dollar amount account and a net account for anything over that amount. I stuck a test amount of $500 in my fixed dollar amount to go to the Bitcoin direct deposit. Now I will wait to see if it goes through.

Update 4:
Just got an e-mail saying my payment went through, $500 at $317/BTC -> 1.56992012 sent to my Bitcoin address.

interesting, will look into this

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist

Activity: 165

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

No I wouldnt like to get paid in bitcoin, at least not currently. The price is too volatile at the moment and actually tends to drop more often than not, so I like getting fiat and buying what I can afford each month.
DingoStar

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

Totally agree. Currently bitcoin is not strong enough to get paid in it.
Luckylui

Activity: 154

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

No I wouldnt like to get paid in bitcoin, at least not currently. The price is too volatile at the moment and actually tends to drop more often than not, so I like getting fiat and buying what I can afford each month.

Well..

If your payroll is @ $500..

BTC is @ 325.00

When you get that $ from BTC.. & let's just say tomorrow BTC rises to 334.00

How happy would you be?

FIAT doesn't increase in value. BTC does Smiley

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: