Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:34:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS]Mining datacenter cage with Antminer S3's, Terraminers  (Read 2382 times)
testerx (OP)

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:45:01 AM

So this is a slightly odd thing to sell but I figured I'd see if anybody was interested.  My mining operation has a cage in a datacenter that we've negotiated pricing for-the cage itself is a relatively high fixed cost but extra power lines to the cage are much cheaper than anywhere else I've seen (please PM me for extra power line pricing).  That said, we had been running terraminers which are obviously no longer profitable even with low power costs.  The S3's still generate good revenue but with the current price of bitcoin we are forced to either liquidate, or buy lots of new hardware to replace the terraminers that are still taking up half of the current power usage.

Basically, I'm seeing if anybody wants to buy the thing whole hog, including with our negotiated power rates.  This would be a very good deal if you are looking for an affordable data center that's familiar with hosting bitcoin mining equipment and comfortable with the high power/cooling requirements and are interested in a place to put more efficient equipment. We have 26 Antminer S3's in the cage and they have had perfect uptime to date as well as 4 terraminers of which 1 unit appears to have a dead board (I would consider it just 3 working terraminers at this point as the dead board is causing stability issues).  There is also a free server that you would have access to, with an unlimited use 100mbps line included.

The power lines are on a month to month contract so you can add or remove power lines as you need.  The cage is under contract until March 2015 (it was a 1 year contract) so you would need to commit to 4 months or so of mining.

The Antminers all have PSUs included including several very quality units (Antec HCG, Corsair CX750M [I think this was the model not 100%], etc) though most are running on individual EVGA 430W units, and you would also be getting 3 fully functioning terraminer IV's and one unit that is likely repairable for someone willing to open it up.

This would be optimal for someone who wants to put extra hardware in the cage-as it is we are basically breaking even with our mining output and the hosting costs-from running the numbers overhead could be reduced to 50% or so by replacing the terraminers with S3+'s or SP35's and adding two more 30A (208V) power lines (i.e. adding 4xSP35s with S3+'s to fill out the power lines, or just filling 4x30A lines full of S3+'s).  If you have a lot of hardware coming and don't have a place to put it this would be a good deal as it's cheaper than other hosting options I've seen and this is in a fully temperature controlled datacenter with redundant power.  Or someone who wants to build a big mining operation-extra power lines are very aggressively priced so if you want to double or triple the size of our mining operation you would be able to lower overhead significantly-we just can't make that kind of investment at this time.

I am looking 16BTC, mostly for the 26 Antminers w/PSUs.  Please PM me for exact hosting costs as I can't post that information publicly but if you calculate our mining outputs with this gear you'd get the approximate monthly cost Wink  Again, it's breakeven at this time and needs something to replace the terraminers to get profitable so this is for someone who wants to commit to adding modern hardware. 
blackheart13

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:47:55 PM

pm sent
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

Any chance you would just sell the S3s? I do not need any type of hosting, but would want the miners.
testerx (OP)

Activity: 608

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Any chance you would just sell the S3s? I do not need any type of hosting, but would want the miners.
The reason why I don't want to just sell the S3's is because the cage is under contract until March 2015, so selling it as a package is obviously much better, otherwise we'd have to pay for an empty cage with 60A@208V running to it for no reason Tongue

This is really a deal for someone who wants to start a small farm and doesn't want to go through negotiating for datacenter space themselves, we negotiated rates with basically every high power density data center out there and found a trustworthy host that's comfortable dealing with mining hardware with really good power rates (for AC cooled, redundant powered, insured hosting that won't burn your hardware down to the ground).  It's the cheapest month to month hosting with rates comparable to what other people require lengthy contracts and upfront payments for (i.e. if you want to get the best deal on hosting from a lot of places you have to pay the entire cost of hosting up front for a year-here you can pay month to month and take down extra lines or add them flexibly)
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:50:37 AM

Since you are no longer running the Terraminers would you be interested in selling them separate?

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: