Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO NOT GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT BITCOIN  (Read 6004 times)
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:40:13 PM

THe thing that first caught my attention that BTC would be something that I would want to use is the fact of the anonymity of it.  That and the USA would and should have no jurisdiction on how it is spent I.E. Gambling/Donations/Purchases  but seems that even though you are not gambling with USD funds, the great states of America still make gambling with BTC illegal??? <---- how is this just?
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:24:46 PM

I disagree I think it's a bit of a stretch, the government and all these others don't see Bitcoin/Crypto as enemies. The government sees Bitcoin as a nice way to TAX wealth without having to physically print money and with a nice public ledger to see where the funds went,

This is a bit silly as 99% of fiat is digital and on traceable ledgers that are openly shared with the FBI/NSA/and other investigators. Bitcoins pseudonymous nature does make it more difficult for them vs 99% of fund transfers.

TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:06:53 PM

OP does have a point, Satoshi did walk away the moment Gavin accepted the invitation to speak with the CIA. Coincidence?

YES THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPLEETLY A COINCEDENCE!!!! HE WUZ PLANNING ON LEAVING WAY BEFORE THAT!

I THINK THE OP IS RIGHT, SO I'M GONNA MOVE THE SOURCE CODE TO SUMPLACE MORE SECURE WHERE THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T SEE IT ANYMORE. AND I WENT AND GOT ME A GOOD HAT TO WEAR WHEN I WRITE CODE SO THEIR SATELITES CANT HEAR ME EITHER.

FOR THE CHILDREN!
Is this the real Gavin?  Maybe someone hacked his account.  I didn't expect that he had a sense of humor.  Too much stress to still be funny.  can anyone confirm?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

OP does have a point, Satoshi did walk away the moment Gavin accepted the invitation to speak with the CIA. Coincidence?

YES THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPLEETLY A COINCEDENCE!!!! HE WUZ PLANNING ON LEAVING WAY BEFORE THAT!

I THINK THE OP IS RIGHT, SO I'M GONNA MOVE THE SOURCE CODE TO SUMPLACE MORE SECURE WHERE THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T SEE IT ANYMORE. AND I WENT AND GOT ME A GOOD HAT TO WEAR WHEN I WRITE CODE SO THEIR SATELITES CANT HEAR ME EITHER.

FOR THE CHILDREN!
Is this the real Gavin?  Maybe someone hacked his account.  I didn't expect that he had a sense of humor.  Too much stress to still be funny.  can anyone confirm?

That's Gavin. He is a funny guy. He has some good ones on the foundation website also.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:50:19 PM

You have the right to remain silent anythin you say can and WILL be used AGAINST you in the court of law.......

This is a right that many people very stupidily dont pay attention to the keywords... you must always always flex  your right of silence and  use it;... if all else fails and you are in sticky situation with gov't lawyer up quick and let him do all the speaking for you
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:51:26 AM

FOR THE CHILDREN!
I would say that satoshi may have walked away when you talked to the CIA because with the CIA involved, there was a much greater chance of him getting doxxed, which he clearly did not want.

As you are implying (via sarcasm), one major feature that Bitcoin has that has caused it success (and will continue to cause success) is the fact that it is 100% open source, so that anyone, including the government, can see, and test it. This allows for anyone to attempt to advance it's features and useability
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:56:22 AM

Quote from: TKeenan link=topic=845955.msg9446705#omsg9446705 date=1415203613

FOR THE CHILDREN!
He is being sarcastic. He is trying to get across a point that having bitcoin be open source is much better then it be closed source and the government not have access to information about bitcoin

Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2217

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

FOR THE CHILDREN!
He is being sarcastic. He is trying to get across a point that having bitcoin be open source is much better then it be closed source and the government not have access to information about bitcoin

Or maybe I just ate too much peyote one night (and, happily, decided to read bitcointalk instead of write some code).

(and for the humor-impaired: NO, NOT SERIOUS. Everybody knows I don't eat peyote, I spend my money on hookers and blow.)

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

Or maybe I just ate too much peyote one night (and, happily, decided to read bitcointalk instead of write some code).

At least you didn't code all night. I can only imaging the errors that would introduce. lol

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:31:55 PM

NOBODY IN THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BITCOIN ANYWAY. WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING?

WE HAVE TO YELL BECAUSE OTHERWISE I CAN'T HEAR YOU THROUGH THE 'SERIES OF TUBES' THAT MAKE UP THE INTERNET.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:33:59 PM

NOBODY IN THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BITCOIN ANYWAY. WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING?

BECAUSE OTHERWISE I CAN'T HEAR YOU THROUGH THE 'SERIES OF TUBES' THAT MAKE UP THE INTERNET.

RODGER THAT, OVER.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:30:05 PM

FOR THE CHILDREN!

(and for the humor-impaired: NO, NOT SERIOUS. Everybody knows I don't eat peyote, I spend my money on hookers and blow.)
But what about the hat?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:49:25 PM

But what about the hat?
IT IS EAZ MAN. GAVIN IZ A BELIEBER.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:18:34 AM

FOR THE CHILDREN!

I think that gavin can be officially be added to the short list of people who are able to successfully troll the trolls who do not have a good understanding of Bitcoin related concepts.

Slightly off topic - the OP of the thread you posted to said that you actually gave a presentation (I always thought it was a more of a interview type meeting about bitcoin)....do you potentially have the ability to show this presentation, or would "you need to kill me if you told me"
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

... I spend my money on hookers and blow.)

I say spend it all on hookers and blow, then waste the rest.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:29:20 AM

FOR THE CHILDREN!

Just make sure you avoid those Aluminum Foil Hats..turns out they are actually a conspiracy by the government to better be able to read your mind.

More info:
http://www.howtogeek.com/114037/researchers-prove-tin-foil-hats-boost-receptivity-to-government-signals/

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:05:57 AM

If you want to hold a conversation with government agents about bitcoin you should probably be dropping peyote buttons and indeed insist that they the government agents too are taking peyote ... or else it's essential essence will be missed completely and they would just never "get it".

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:42:05 AM

Don't think they need any info to be told when you are shouting them at the top of your lungs in the most sophisticated, seductive and pervasive surveillance tool to ever grace the history of mankind - the internet.

Best part is most people think they are more anonymous then being offline.

You can't make this stuff up.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:47:40 AM

Look, it's a tradeoff. If you want some level of mass adoption, you are going to have to accept some degree of govt oversight. You always have the option to opt out by staying underground, not paying btc related taxes etc

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:19:43 AM

Look, it's a tradeoff. If you want some level of mass adoption, you are going to have to accept some degree of govt oversight. You always have the option to opt out by staying underground, not paying btc related taxes etc

People are all for freedom and equality until they have to pay the price for it. Only those willing to really understand either and their requirements deserve to enjoy the privileges.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: