Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 05:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LittleBitBack: A Simplified Community Crowdfund Hub via Bitcoin  (Read 1852 times)
LittleBitBack (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:54:02 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 06:24:43 AM by LittleBitBack

Over the last couple months, I and two other guys who met on Reddit have been working on a platform to increase visibility for Bitcoin projects using the blockchain directly without any additional transaction fees. We envision this hub as a community-built effort to more effectively promote peer-to-peer donations.

The driving reason for this effort was that while we felt there are existing platforms for donation, we felt that they added unnecessary complexity. The inherent simplicity of Bitcoin seemed appropriate for mass crowdfunding. We’ve built out a simple site in an alpha stage which could facilitate the donation process and create a direct link between participants and recipients. We’ve been working on this quietly but we feel the time is right to get some input from the greater Bitcoin community.

If you're raising money for anything with Bitcoin, come over and set up a free page for your fundraiser. Check it out here at www.littlebitback.com and if you're interested in contributing to the project in any way, we reserved a subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/littlebitback. Thanks!
theblacksquid

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

Looked at the site, and its looking good!

I just have some questions, though...

Is the code for the website open-sourced? How are the donations being held and how do we know that the money gets to the people they're supposed to? I don't want to come across as suspicious of your work, and I think these sites enrich the community in general, but seeing the number of people running off with other peoples' coin, transparency measures have to be taken so the community would have no qualms about sending you their hard-earned (or mined) coin.

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
LittleBitBack (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:27:37 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 10:48:26 PM by LittleBitBack

Thanks!

The site as it is right now is a simple wordpress database. We'd really like to grow out of this form into something more robust but currently it operates as a clear proof-of-concept for what we feel could be an asset to the community. As the theme we based the site on was a paid theme, I'm not sure what code you'd want to see but we're very focused on transparency and are willing to provide and open up anything we can. The funds themselves go directly to the campaigns listed on the page. We're not acting as an escrow of any kind and our purpose is more as a directory of independent Bitcoin projects. If you check out a specific campaign, there's a verification link below their QR code to where the campaign is officially listed on the groups website. We hold no coins aside from the campaign we posted for our first years expenses.
theblacksquid

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:45:49 PM

Thanks for clarifying that! Cheesy

I'm sorry, I thought that this was like a crowdfunding platoform that would take and then send the dontations to the intended beneficiaries. My bad. Looking forward to see this project grow!

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
LittleBitBack (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:27:53 AM

1/19/15 Update:

We just added our 50th campaign today and we're looking into adding Lighthouse project support as soon as possible.
LittleBitBack (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:51:40 AM

03/19/15 Update:

We were featured in a Blockchain.info API profile! Check it out.

http://blog.blockchain.com/2015/03/13/blockchain-api-profile-little-bit-back/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: