Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tecshare Maliciously Abused The BitcoinTalk Trust System  (Read 7455 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:36:55 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 01:51:27 AM by Armis
Merited by Vod (1)

TECSHARE maliciously abused the BitcoinTalk trust system, here are the details.

Tecshare listed a $100 T-mobile card for $100 worth of BTC he claimed he purchased from Target: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=811922.msg9089092#msg9089092
most of the deleted info can be seen in quoted text provided.    He wanted 1:1 for the item, I told him that it would not likely sell at that level, he then essentially told me to 'get off his lawn'.   Not so coincidentally Target was selling the $100 Tmobile card for $95, so I posted that to the page which apparently caused a conniption because he closed the listing, relisted it with w/self-mod then 'suited up' for revenge.

Tecshare apparently reviewed my history and sought to plot his 'revenge'.  He wrote some off topic spam at one of my threads (which needed the bump [wink]), https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842689.msg9409960#msg9409960 then, when that wrong wasn't enough, the old devil turned up the heat and played a trump card --  he issued a false, and blatantly malicious, report in order to harm my trust rating.  He specifically indicated that we did business together to the tune of 1btc worth, which is a boldface lie.  In said same reporting he issued negative feedback and provided no reference material.  Here is the proof https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=225066
Please note, he knew that any like-kind  retribution on my part would essentially be meaningless since he does many deals and has a healthy feedback history, and I do no deals.  

Beyond any reasonable doubt TECSHARE abused the bitcointalk trust system in an effort to seek vengeance for me saying his Tmobile listing wasn't going to sell at 1:1, and that he was an old fart.  Well his diabolical plan to wreak evil worked -- my trust rating is meaningfully damaged.

Please note, Tecshare knew he could have issued negative feedback without, lying about the 1 btc transaction, but he knew that would not have made a meaningful difference in the outward appearance of the trust rating, as such he consciously decided to lie about the transaction in order to malign my username's character.

Tecshare's response went well beyond juvenile, or simply irresponsible behavior, it went against the very spirit of a TRUST system, his actions has shown him to be reckless and untrustworthy.  As such I am requesting that his trust rating be revoked, that his username be banned for a period commensurate with the offense, and that his referenced 'off topic spam' and 'fraudulent trust report' be removed.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:23:46 AM

To me, it sounds like you are upset that after he told you to frick off his thread and you wouldn't listen.  Roll Eyes

Please note, he knew that any like-kind  retribution on my part would essentially be meaningless since he does many deals and has a healthy feedback history, and I do no deals. 

If you do no deals, what was the point of posting in his thread.
haha

hi
jrretirement

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:57:02 AM

What's your problem OP? Where is your proof that he isn't trusted within this community, cause I can see the proof that says he is trusted? Did he steal from you? NO, you acknowledge that.

Seems like he was selling an item, you didn't like the price so you tried to sabotage his listing by posting a link to a Target sale. He told you to piss off and you've carried on like a complete dick.

Are you a complete dick Armis? The evidence suggests you are!

Hahaha
Armis (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:05:28 AM

To me, it sounds like you are upset that after he told you to frick off his thread and you wouldn't listen.  Roll Eyes

Please note, he knew that any like-kind  retribution on my part would essentially be meaningless since he does many deals and has a healthy feedback history, and I do no deals. 

If you do no deals, what was the point of posting in his thread.
haha

Your take away is amazing, if I didn't know better I'd bet you did business with the sly devil, because your framing is just too suspicious but I'll ask the question most directly do you believe my actions were warrant?

This is not his site nor was his page moderated my actions were all legitimate, his were not.

As for "If you do no deals, what was the point of posting in his thread" it wasn't for a lack of trying to do deals.  As you see in my trust rating one other guy gave me bad feedback just for refusing to do business with him.  Clearly he too abused the system but didn't lie about doing a deal knowing none was done -- he told the truth.

A TRUST system isn't a vehicle for LYING, TECSHARE violated the spirit of the reason why it was placed there in the first place.

jrretirement

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:16:28 AM

I think your actions were not warranted.

Now I answered your question now you answer mine. Are you a complete dick Armis? Be truthful!
Armis (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:28:54 AM

What's your problem OP? Where is your proof that he isn't trusted within this community, cause I can see the proof that says he is trusted? Did he steal from you? NO, you acknowledge that.

Seems like he was selling an item, you didn't like the price so you tried to sabotage his listing by posting a link to a Target sale. He told you to piss off and you've carried on like a complete dick.

Are you a complete dick Armis? The evidence suggests you are!

Hahaha

The evidence suggest that if your Trust rating took the exact same hit it would render the exact same results as what you see at my rating, and my guess is you would not like it either.

According to you guys if someone started a thread and he didn't like what was said by any poster to the thread he would be justified in using the trust system to fraudulently report an action that never occurred in order to chastise the poster.

With that said let's move over to this thread, a thread that I created, a thread that you posted displeasing statements  to, would I, therefore be justified in falsifying a report indicating that I did business with you to the extent of 1btc simply because I wanted to damage your trust rating?    Wouldn't that seem harsh, overboard, and wrong?

Only a real DICK would do that.
jrretirement

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:35:23 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 06:07:01 AM by jrretirement

Report me if you like then the mods and I can debate whether or not your a dick! I'm guessing they'll side with me and here's why:

Tecshare:
Legendary member
Long time BTC talk user, 2011
Trusted rating
Thousands of deals done with solid feedback

Armis:
Sr.Member
User since this year 2014
    -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

So you go into a sales thread see an item, then post in the thread suggesting the seller is ripping people off for selling an item for what it's worth, then you post a Target sale link.

^ Clearly a shit thing to do and for no other reason than to be a pest. You've clearly poked the wrong bear.

Now you want people to take your word over his that he shouldn't be trusted as you claim he's retaliated for you being a complete DICK in the first place!

Can you not see how you've brought this on yourself?

So according to you the community here should forget his thousands of successful deals and ruin his rep for a deal you didn't make, is that right?

I stand by my first call your a complete dick!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

He might be a dick, but that's no reason to leave false negative feedback, especially when you're in the default trust network.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:04:43 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 06:16:15 AM by TECSHARE

He might be a dick, but that's no reason to leave false negative feedback, especially when you're in the default trust network.
I reported the posts and asked for assistance from the moderators. They were ignored. Some how his abuse is ok though. I am not sure why I should tolerate harassment.

You guys are always quick to point fingers but you don't care to lift that finger until it becomes a bigger issue. I guess the moderators are too busy pruning my 2 year old threads for bumps I forgot to delete to help here. Or maybe his off topic spamming of my threads is "free speech" and you don't want to censor him. In the end I have to deal with it and it costs moderators nothing to totally ignore my requests for a reasonable solution.
jrretirement

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:06:19 AM

Seems to me that Armis won't be doing that again to anyone who is trying to legitimately sell on this site.

So perhaps this can serve as a lesson to not screw with people here or you'll get screwed with yourself! To many people hide behind their console being A holes thinking they can do so without blow back. This proves otherwise!
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:14:53 AM

Exactly.
I reported the posts and asked for assistance from the moderators. They were ignored. Some how his abuse is ok though. I am not sure why I should tolerate harassment.

You're on the Default Trust list. Your feedback carries more weight than most. I've eaten a lot of crap for the same reason and decided to use an alt. account with no Trust to leave feedback in cases such as these. Maybe the new forum will have a orange warning option for this very reason. Hopefully this can easily be worked out soon.
Just my .002 BTC

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:27:11 AM

You guys are always quick to point fingers but you don't care to lift that finger until it becomes a bigger issue. I guess the moderators are too busy pruning my 2 year old threads for bumps I forgot to delete to help here. Or maybe his off topic spamming of my threads is "free speech" and you don't want to censor him. In the end I have to deal with it and it costs moderators nothing to totally ignore my requests for a reasonable solution.

Reasonable solution, self moderated thread, not this.

Fake negative feedback is petty and childish, and not becoming of someone in default trust. You can try and blame us or whatever, but your actions are your own, nobody else's.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:31:53 AM

Exactly.

You're on the Default Trust list. Your feedback carries more weight than most. I've eaten a lot of crap for the same reason and decided to use an alt. account with no Trust to leave feedback in cases such as these. Maybe the new forum will have a orange warning option for this very reason. Hopefully this can easily be worked out soon.
Just my .002 BTC
I got on the default trust list by doing hundreds of trades over a period of years without incident. I was not just picked out of a hat. I don't leave negative trust flippantly. I don't see how you using alts to abuse the trust system is some how not as bad as my supposed abuse. People put their trust in me because I don't rip people off and I worked hard to make sure everyone I deal with is satisfied. This guy is completely unreasonable and the moderators refuse to assist me.
I don't mind using all the hard work I have put in here to tell everyone else about this guy and his habits of harassment, and that is the point of the trust system, to let people leave feedback freely without coercion. If I was negging everyone who posted in my threads it would be different, but im not. I negged a person who is purposely trying to effect my trading by harassing me in my threads when I have never dealt with them before, and he never intended to deal with me either.
Is there another recourse that would provide any results, or is your suggestion simply to deal with the negative effects of this clearly aimlessly obsessive individual who likely wont give up for a very long time?

a sample of his obsession:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709278.msg9438300#msg9438300
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32469.msg9438249#msg9438249
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35656.msg9438146#msg9438146
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844619.msg9437997#msg9437997

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:33:15 AM

Reasonable solution, self moderated thread, not this.

Fake negative feedback is petty and childish, and not becoming of someone in default trust. You can try and blame us or whatever, but your actions are your own, nobody else's.

I am not blaming you, I am pointing out you are blaming me while also ignoring my previous requests for a more civil solution. I am supposed to close years old threads with thousands of hits and dozens of feed-backs created before self moderation, and start over again because of one troll? Also you have read this guys posts and I am the childish one? I wouldn't want to deal with this guy ever, and I am sure others feel the same way.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:40:23 AM

Exactly.

Just my .002 BTC
I got on the default trust list by doing hundreds of trades over a period of years without incident. I was not just picked out of a hat. I don't leave negative trust flippantly. I don't see how you using alts to abuse the trust system is some how not as bad as my supposed abuse. People put their trust in me because I don't rip people off and I worked hard to make sure everyone I deal with is satisfied. This guy is completely unreasonable and the moderators refuse to assist me.
I don't mind using all the hard work I have put in here to tell everyone else about this guy and his habits of harassment, and that is the point of the trust system, to let people leave feedback freely without coercion. If I was negging everyone who posted in my threads it would be different, but im not. I negged a person who is purposely trying to effect my trading by harassing me in my threads when I have never dealt with them before, and he never intended to deal with me either.
Is there another recourse that would provide any results, or is your suggestion simply to deal with the negative effects of this clearly aimlessly obsessive individual who likely wont give up for a very long time?
You automatically call mine false feedback and equivocating this with your feedback? Interesting language. I use an alt. when the offense IMO does NOT warrant turning someone's account red but rather serve as a warning to others.
Your feedback left in this case was not warranted nor was the fake risked amount of 1 BTC. If you feel you are harassed, do as suggested and make self moderated threads. When all else fails and your temper gets the best of you, add the offending person to your ignore list.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:43:12 AM

Exactly.

Just my .002 BTC
You automatically call mine false feedback and equivocating this with your feedback? Interesting language. I use an alt. when the offense IMO does NOT warrant turning someone's account red but rather serve as a warning to others.
Your feedback left in this case was not warranted nor was the fake risked amount of 1 BTC. If you feel you are harassed, do as suggested and make self moderated threads. When all else fails and your temper gets the best of you, add the offending person to your ignore list.
 I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in your criticism. I am supposed to close years old threads with thousands of hits and dozens of feed-backs created before self moderation, and start over again because of one troll? I might also add here that I did create a self moderated thread for the original point of contact, but he also showed up in my other threads. Its funny how quick people are to defend perpetrators here over trusted members trading equitably here for years.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

Exactly.

Just my .002 BTC
  I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in your criticism. I am supposed to close years old threads with thousands of hits and dozens of feed-backs created before self moderation, and start over again because of one troll?

MY hypocrisy? In the few minutes it took you to reply to me, are you claiming you found the account I used, read all the feedback I left AND verified it was bogus? Really? You really should stop digging and work out a solution.

Albert Einstein
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:48:33 AM

MY hypocrisy? In the few minutes it took you to reply to me, are you claiming you found the account I used, read all the feedback I left AND verified it was bogus? Really? You really should stop digging and work out a solution.
What the fuck are you talking about? You admitted you do this, I didn't accuse you of anything except doing exactly what you are criticizing me for. You seem like you are just here to look for some drama.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:52:01 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? You admitted you do this, I didn't accuse you of anything.

No?  
At least I can handle drama without leaving bogus feedback.

Exactly.

Just my .002 BTC
 I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in your criticism. I am supposed to close years old threads with thousands of hits and dozens of feed-backs created before self moderation, and start over again because of one troll? I might also add here that I did create a self moderated thread for the original point of contact, but he also showed up in my other threads. Its funny how quick people are to defend perpetrators here over trusted members trading equitably here for years.

Albert Einstein
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 06:53:34 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 07:55:10 AM by TECSHARE

Ok, clearly you are here to feed on drama. Ignored. Its always easy to do "the right thing" when someone else pays the price.

example of an action I have taken to preserve reliability of trust, demonstrating my respect for it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=809084.0;all
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: