Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tecshare Maliciously Abused The BitcoinTalk Trust System  (Read 7459 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:42:09 AM

I think with the 1BTC now removed his feedback is valid and this thread is done.
This ^ , as I understand it the only thing that made my feedback invalid was the value attached to it. I corrected it to a zero value, therefore the reason for me leaving the feedback is irrelevant because it is valid. I did not understand this important distinction when I left it, and I have corrected it.

If you want me to remove my now valid feedback you will have to have a discussion with me and no one else. I am satisfied to let you harass me all you like now, or you can remove your posts in my OPs and never come back and I will consider removing the feedback. Feel free to PM me, or just make more drama like you do best.

Make it simple, you remove content that you shared (truth lie or otherwise) regarding me, I remove all content I shared about you, such that no reference is made about either party from the other party.  

When it is finally agreed that all other items have been deleted, this thread will also be deleted.   If you agree I will erase the posts that you have highlighted.
No thanks. I am fine to let things sit as they be. Let me know what you decide.

acknowledged
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:46:47 AM

Bottom line, if you can't trust someone like TECSHARE, who has conducted himself impeccably

Until now...

Should never leave negative feedback for personal reasons, esp if you are on the default trust list.

I got drunk one night and left negative feedback for someone based on a personal reason.  The next day the community ripped me a new one before I apologized and removed it.  I have no idea why the same thing is not happening here.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:54:11 AM

Bottom line, if you can't trust someone like TECSHARE, who has conducted himself impeccably

Until now...

Should never leave negative feedback for personal reasons, esp if you are on the default trust list.

I got drunk one night and left negative feedback for someone based on a personal reason.  The next day the community ripped me a new one before I apologized and removed it.  I have no idea why the same thing is not happening here.
I think the amount of times you have left negative feedback for people for a hunch or personal reasons can't be counted on both hands and feet. He was directly attacking my ability to trade here for no other reason than to troll. That's not personal, that's business.
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:06:52 AM

Until now...

I got drunk one night and left negative feedback for someone based on a personal reason.  The next day the community ripped me a new one before I apologized and removed it.  I have no idea why the same thing is not happening here.
I think the amount of times you have left negative feedback for people for a hunch or personal reasons can't be counted on both hands and feet. He was directly attacking my ability to trade here for no other reason than to troll. That's not personal, that's business.
Well it appears that the OP has actually deleted his posts on your thread but your negative feedback remains on his profile.

From the looks of it though the OP was making valid points about your price. Gift cards are never going to trade at above face value (if they are available for $0.95 on the dollar from the store they are redeemable from and you are selling them at $1.00 on the dollar then you are selling at above the cost to buy it). I would consider what the OP was doing on your thread to be pointing out that you were offering a bad deal. It is common and expected for the community to point out these kinds of deals

From the looks of what is still on your thread, it appears that you take criticism (constructive or not) very poorly. This probably escalated the situation by causing him to want to continue to argue.

EDIT: it would appear to me that you are holding his reputation hostage until he deletes his comments about you offering a bad deal to someone that might trade with you.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:14:16 AM

Until now...

I got drunk one night and left negative feedback for someone based on a personal reason.  The next day the community ripped me a new one before I apologized and removed it.  I have no idea why the same thing is not happening here.

I'm also on default trust, but I don't personally reserve feedback for business transactions. You were made aware of this yesterday lol

That being said, I don't hand out feedback frivolously.  I don't believe TECSHARE does, either.

The trust system is just a way to publicly announce who you personally trust or distrust and why.  I'm sure TECSHARE is well aware that if he were to frivolously provide negative feedback to a whole bunch of people it would kill his reputation.  Accordingly, I perceive this as an anamoly.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:14:27 AM

Until now...

Well it appears that the OP has actually deleted his posts on your thread but your negative feedback remains on his profile.

From the looks of it though the OP was making valid points about your price. Gift cards are never going to trade at above face value (if they are available for $0.95 on the dollar from the store they are redeemable from and you are selling them at $1.00 on the dollar then you are selling at above the cost to buy it). I would consider what the OP was doing on your thread to be pointing out that you were offering a bad deal. It is common and expected for the community to point out these kinds of deals

From the looks of what is still on your thread, it appears that you take criticism (constructive or not) very poorly. This probably escalated the situation by causing him to want to continue to argue.

EDIT: it would appear to me that you are holding his reputation hostage until he deletes his comments about you offering a bad deal to someone that might trade with you.
So other people get to decide what price I get to sell my property at now? Asking for what I paid for an item now is unreasonable is it? I shouldn't have a right to have a thread without people using it as a tool of harassment without any desire for actual trade whatsoever?  BTW for you information he didn't delete his posts, he deleted one then continued to post more after he was emboldened by the resulting replies. Its not like I am misrepresenting myself and trying to cover something up, its simply not any of his business what I sell my property for.

BTW he hasn't deleted anything:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32469.msg9438249#msg9438249
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844619.msg9437997#msg9437997
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709278.msg9438300#msg9438300
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35656.msg9438146#msg9438146
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

I think the amount of times you have left negative feedback for people for a hunch or personal reasons can't be counted on both hands and feet.

LOL.  Why take off your socks if you can just use a calculator?  There's one on most phones and computers.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:39:37 AM

Until now...

So other people get to decide what price I get to sell my property at now? Asking for what I paid for an item now is unreasonable is it? I shouldn't have a right to have a thread without people using it as a tool of harassment without any desire for actual trade whatsoever?  BTW for you information he didn't delete his posts, he deleted one then continued to post more after he was emboldened by the resulting replies. Its not like I am misrepresenting myself and trying to cover something up, its simply not any of his business what I sell my property for.

BTW he hasn't deleted anything:
I didn't see those other threads/posts, although they appear to be a result of an escalation of the situation after you gave him negative trust. I was referring to the posts on this thread (the one mentioned in the OP here).

No I don't think that others have any right to be able to set the price that you sell items for, but if you are giving a bad deal then that fact will be pointed out by others. Although I would not consider the price you were/are selling your gift card to be a scam, the same is true when there are potential scams; the community will point out that anyone dealing with the person will likely get scammed (you can look at Vod's posting history to see this in action, as he will often point out potential scams long before he gives negative trust to someone).

It is my understanding that the trust system is designed to allow people to warn others of a scammer and/or people who are showing signs of untrustworthyness. For example if someone was promoting a potential scam, were trying to scam, promoting a ponzi, then you should give negative trust (or if you were scammed or there is evidence that someone else was scammed). If you can point to the OP doing one of the above, or can give a reason that you consider valid as to why you think others should "trade with caution" then the trust is valid; if you cannot give a reason why you think the OP has or will scam then your trust is not valid.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:44:41 AM

Thank you for your opinion, but that's all it is. Your opinion. We are all free to use the feedback system here without coercion regardless of a trade occurring, or your indifferent proclamation of moral violations. This was a direct attack, not just a casual comment or two, and I consider it to be indicative of being untrustworthy.
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:54:48 AM

Until now...

I'm also on default trust, but I don't personally reserve feedback for business transactions. You were made aware of this yesterday lol

That being said, I don't hand out feedback frivolously.  I don't believe TECSHARE does, either.

The trust system is just a way to publicly announce who you personally trust or distrust and why.  I'm sure TECSHARE is well aware that if he were to frivolously provide negative feedback to a whole bunch of people it would kill his reputation.  Accordingly, I perceive this as an anamoly.
IMO feedback should only be given out if you have a legitimate reason to either trust or distrust someone. Except for very extreme circumstances you should not give negative feedback for personal reasons (although the feedback system is not moderated).

I agree that if feedback is given for invalid reasons (as per what members of the community think) then a person's "real" level of trust and reputation will be tarnished. It is also noteworthy that any given person is only on default trust for as long as others on "level one" of default trust deem necessary for them to be on default trust (in other words this status can be revoked at any time)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:10:15 AM

Until now...

IMO feedback should only be given out if you have a legitimate reason to either trust or distrust someone. Except for very extreme circumstances you should not give negative feedback for personal reasons (although the feedback system is not moderated).

I agree that if feedback is given for invalid reasons (as per what members of the community think) then a person's "real" level of trust and reputation will be tarnished. It is also noteworthy that any given person is only on default trust for as long as others on "level one" of default trust deem necessary for them to be on default trust (in other words this status can be revoked at any time)

I agree with basically all of this, with the exception that we probably differ in opinion on how "extreme" the circumstances must be.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 03:21:02 AM

I corrected my mistake and I already offered him a solution to this. He could just delete his posts in my threads and be done with this, but clearly he would rather create more drama. Just check out his signature now. Maybe next he will change his name to "tecshareabusedthetrustsystem".
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:26:40 AM

I corrected my mistake and I already offered him a solution to this. He could just delete his posts in my threads and be done with this, but clearly he would rather create more drama. Just check out his signature now. Maybe next he will change his name to "tecshareabusedthetrustsystem".
Who do you think stands to lose more as a result of this drama?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 03:29:19 AM

I think the more appropriate question is why did it begin in the first place? I can't find any good reason. I am not interested in negotiating with him AFTER he already screwed up and was given multiple opportunities to resolve this, but refused. If he wants to resolve this all he needs to do is delete his posts from my marketplace OPs, its pretty simple.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:37:22 AM

I think the more appropriate question is why did it begin in the first place? I can't find any good reason. I am not interested in negotiating with him AFTER he already screwed up and was given multiple opportunities to resolve this, but refused.
I guess that is fair enough. If you are asking about this thread, then it was for him to try to get his negative trust removed. If you are asking about your gift card thread then it was because he felt that you were charging an unfair price (although I think he should have made his point and moved on).

I would say that you do have the right to say that you "do not trust him" via your negative trust, and he has his freedom of speech to say that he thinks you are misleading people/are dishonest on your sales threads.

I personally think that you both are in the wrong for both of your actions (especially how he is behaving as of recently).
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 03:42:23 AM

these:

All I want is my original state to be restored, just like he is trying to get (only via demonizing me in the community rather than just simply deleting his posts and moving on with his life). I am simply doing unto others as they do unto me. He attempted to attack my reputation having never traded with me, and I did the same to him in kind. Why should he be free to do this and I am not free to do the same?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:56:03 AM

Like I said he is especially in the wrong as to how he is acting after you gave him the negative trust. (I think he was also in the wrong after he made two or three posts in your gift card thread). Also correct me if I am wrong but all of those posts were made after he received negative trust from you.

If you really want this resolved then I would suggest that you remove your negative trust for 24 hours, and both post here and PM him that his negative trust will stay removed in the event that he either removes his posts or edits his posts so they more accurately reflect facts and give nothing more then constructive criticism. If he complies then you don't bother him again and he doesn't bother you again; if he does not then you can add your negative trust back on his profile; if he removes the posts and then you put the negative trust back on then he adds the posts back to your threads; if he deletes the posts then adds them later then you put the negative trust back on his profile.

You are both essentially trading with "paypal" so neither one of you risks anything by "going first". I understand that you trust rating means that you pretty much never need to "send first" when trading with others and as a result you have very little risk of ever getting scammed, however your risk in this situation really is very low.

I know this is unsolicited advice, and you can take it or not, but that is how I would handle this kind of situation if I were you.
onemorebtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

Why should he be free to do this and I am not free to do the same?

of course you are free to do the same as armis.
but i dont trust armis, but i do trust you: just think a moment why Wink

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:47:05 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 05:54:01 AM by TECSHARE

This has nothing to do with risk. He could choose to continue to try to harass me, and I could leave negative feedback again. It is the principal of the matter. He shouldn't have been doing what he was doing in the first place. He was provided many opportunities to leave or diffuse the situation, instead every step of the way he chose to escalate. I have already taken several steps to deescalate this situation. He has taken none.

I feel I have zero obligations to compromise with him in any way, especially since he has demonstrated he is unwilling to do so when offered. Instead he opted to dictate to me what he wants done. He has no leverage at this point. Regardless of this I am again stating I am open to deleting his feedback if he removes his posts in my ops, locks this thread, and deletes me from his signature. He can learn to act like an adult or live with my feedback. Its his choice.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:54:57 AM

This has nothing to do with risk. It is the principal of the matter. He shouldn't have been doing what he was doing in the first place. He was provided many opportunities to leave or diffuse the situation, instead every step of the way he chose to escalate. I have already taken several steps to deescalate this situation. He has taken none.

I feel I have zero obligations to compromise with him in any way, especially since he has demonstrated he is unwilling to do so when offered. Instead he opted to dictate to me what he wants done. He has no leverage at this point. Regardless of this I am again stating I am open to deleting his feedback if he removes his posts in my op, locks this thread, and deletes me from his signature. He can learn to act like an adult or live with my feedback. Its his choice.

That's fair.  I would react the same way.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: