Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New P2Pool Testing *UPDATED*  (Read 1688 times)
luckypyrate (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:39:29 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 01:29:31 PM by luckypyrate

I don't know if anyone out there would be interested in helping me out, but I have a new P2Pool node I put up in the New Orleans area and I just need to see if it is accessible remotely.  I have to use DDNS since Cox does not allow for residential static IPs.  

If anyone is interested in pointing a miner in my direction the information is as follows and I greatly appreciate your assistance.

***EDIT***
New host:  stratum+tcp://luckypyrate.noip.me:9332

You shouldn't need to append it with port 9332 as the DDNS is already pointing to it.  

Thanks for your help and hopefully we can get this opened up to the public tonight.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

I don't know if anyone out there would be interested in helping me out, but I have a new P2Pool node I put up in the New Orleans area and I just need to see if it is accessible remotely.  I have to use DDNS since Cox does not allow for residential static IPs. 

If anyone is interested in pointing a miner in my direction the information is as follows and I greatly appreciate your assistance.

host:  stratum+tcp://luckypyrate.noip.me.

You shouldn't need to append it with port 9332 as the DDNS is already pointing to it. 

Thanks for your help and hopefully we can get this opened up to the public tonight.

Yes, it's accessible remotely.  I can see you've got about 3TH/s on your local node, and are running the stock p2pool front end.  Tracing shows the IP of 8.23.224.90, which is Level 3 communications and Vitalwerks Internet Solutions.  Pinging from my home in South NJ results in an average 109ms trip.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
luckypyrate (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:02:47 AM

I don't know if anyone out there would be interested in helping me out, but I have a new P2Pool node I put up in the New Orleans area and I just need to see if it is accessible remotely.  I have to use DDNS since Cox does not allow for residential static IPs. 

Yes, it's accessible remotely.  I can see you've got about 3TH/s on your local node, and are running the stock p2pool front end.  Tracing shows the IP of 8.23.224.90, which is Level 3 communications and Vitalwerks Internet Solutions.  Pinging from my home in South NJ results in an average 109ms trip.

I know the interface is accessible, I was asking if anyone could actually mine with it. 

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

I know the interface is accessible, I was asking if anyone could actually mine with it. 
As of right now the pool shows as dead if I use the URL you provided in your original post.  The interface, however, is still remotely accessible.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
luckypyrate (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 01:27:38 PM

I have modified the DDNS method and would like to try it again.

This time use stratum+luckypyrate.noip.me:9332

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: