Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JRKC] JaroknCoin - The Coin of an Author - Counterparty Asset  (Read 15366 times)
NexxusDrako (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:51:54 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 02:18:12 AM by NexxusDrako

https://i.imgur.com/qcOYAeF.png

JaroknCoin (JRKC) - The Coin of an Author

DeviantArt - Giveaway - Commissions - Facebook

JaroknCoin is a semi-decentralized content token based on Counterparty, akin to (and inspired by) TatianaCoin, although the approach taken is very different. JaroknCoin represents a stake in the authoring success and content created by myself, JAmes-RObert KNight (JAROKN capitalised in name for emphasis). JaroknCoin may buy commissions of shortstories, poems and other written works, while they also represent a stake in both the financial success (via dividend-like payouts) and the collective Intellectual Property, which by the way, is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licensed.

I initially started this coin back in November 2014 and made many beginner's mistakes, such as selling some JRKC while a giveaway was going on, (although the people involved were interested in purchasing more), or accidentally mucking up a dividend even worse when the feature bugged out. After a fair amount of time went by with next to no feedback apart from giveaway entries, I silently put the project on hiatus, after many issues happened with my life in general.

I am now back and ready to write more stories, and want people to join The Jarokn Club (A nickname for my community). I hope to be able to learn more about crypto and offer more stuff other than just writing. Did you know I was once a musician? I'm even on iTunes, and I could sell my music if people wished.

All in all, I'm willing to create a community around my stories, my music, whatever people want, I have few rules on commissions (most common sense) and I will endeavour to deliver on them as soon as I can, so enjoy and STAY AWESOME!

Original Post

I already wrote most of the introduction on a thread at Let's Talk Bitcoin, so I'll put a slightly edited version of that in a quote below.

Hey all, I've been a casual follower of the Bitcoin space since around 2012 but really got into it around 2013 when Counterwallet was released, since then I've been very interested in Bitcoin 2.0 and have since acquired an EARLY token, and various orher things.

I am a hobbyist author, however, most of my writing is either lost to the ages or on NationStates (A nation building game) as Role Plays. So I thought I'd consider making more writing and publicizing it, but where, and how was the main question.

I mulled it over for a while, and had DeviantART earmarked for a while, but was wondering how to monetize it, while also fostering a thriving and happy community. I've always believed in Creative Commons and copyleft, as well as giving a share of my earnings back to the community, and wasn't sure how, until it hit me. Counterparty has dividend features, and can be used as a currency!

So I decided to issue 1 billion JaroknCoin (JRKC), and sign up for DeviantART under the name Jarokn. I have used this nickname since I was about 12 in various places, most since long forgotten. I know that not many others use it, although it is taken on Facebook and Twitter, but I can use something else on those, and I already do.

So, anyway, rather than attempting to explain it all here, I made two posts on DeviantART. One for my commission and request rules and prices, and one for JaroknCoin itself. The links are at the bottom of this post.

For those wanting a quick summary, basically, the tokens are used to buy commissions and receive a distributed 10% share of every commission purchase. Eventually, I want to have an access token here for a forum and society.

Anyway, I'm in the process of working on some writing examples, in the meantime, I have links.

DeviantART: http://jarokn.deviantart.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/NexxusDrako

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jarokn/548239318644287

About JaroknCoin: http://jarokn.deviantart.com/journal/About-JaroknCoin-491936105

Commissions and Requests Info: http://jarokn.deviantart.com/journal/Commissions-and-Requests-Info-491936090

I have a giveaway going at http://jarokn.deviantart.com/journal/JaroknCoin-Early-Bird-Giveaway-492314817 which is for the early birds that get in quick, and there is also two sell orders with 100m JRKC on the DEX, one for 10 XCP and one for 50,000 LTBCOIN. The LTBCOIN will go towards a token society on Let's Talk Bitcoin, so people can chat in a tokenholders forum, and the XCP will be reserved for a logo creation bounty.

So, that's basically it. I have a few examples of my writing on the above linked DeviantART page, and I'm uploading a few of the songs I've written back when I was a musician as I speak, so hopefully it all works out well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NexxusDrako (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:37:38 AM

Crosspost from Let's Talk Bitcoin.

Just a quick update on the status of my writing and the token itself.

We have gotten onto Bter voting and am awaiting an email from both Poloniex and CoinMarketCap about listing there.

Me and a few of my friends have also organized the first DEx trade of JaroknCoin, just to set a price, which is the same as on the DeviantART commissions. It hasn't confirmed yet, but it will soon.

I've been tied up with school as of late, but am intending to do some writing later on, and I'll be taking on commissions now, if any giveaway participants want one.

I intend to give out the 0.5 XCP gained in the DEx trade as JaroknCoin's first dividend, just to test that system.

Anyway, that's all I have time to say at the moment, I'm writing this on my school lunch break. I've gotta get back to studying.

Stay awesome!
NexxusDrako (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:22:02 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 02:45:00 AM by NexxusDrako

Alright, so I've decided to reboot this, with an edit to the OP, and I'm about to start writing a story now. I figured I should write a lot of stories so people can learn my writing style, and then promote them and get people to come, instead of hoping they'll stumble onto it.

If you want to leave feedback, do so, I'll probably edit or post back when I'm done.

EDIT: Just a repost of an old short story I found unpublished on my hard drive, I'll see if I can get a new story written soon. [Link]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: