Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:52:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Raspberry Pi just arrived! Some problems  (Read 2123 times)
Baitty (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

My Pi arrived earlier today and for the last few hours I've tried to get it up and running, but it simply hangs at the terminal during the installation, you know just before you get to set the date & time etc.

It's exactly after you click "ok" when its completely installed the operating system of choice. (im using the default OS)

I've reformatted a bunch of times and reinstalled noobs onto the sd disk & tried 3 other micro sd cards which didn't work either. I'm wondering whether it's noobs which I'm having problems with rather than hard ware related. I have successfully installed a raspberry pi before and in fact used it for many months until recently snapped a compotent off.

Anyone have any suggestions? I will give the exact text given up to the point of freezing when I write it all down.

Baitty (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

I've been reformating with SDFormatter 4.0 with quick format off, size adjustment ON. Format type is Overwrite(FULL).

Basically I ordered this with Noobs already installed but it seemed to be corrupted upon arrival (this happended last time to me too) so I formated and then extracted noobs to the sd again.

It's worth mentioning I used raspian disk image instead of noobs last time and had no problems, although I was recently recommended noobs as it is much easier.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:12:19 PM

if you can post some screenshots then it will help understanding whats wrong with this
KeetBeat

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:46:41 PM

It could just be a hardware problem.  Just contact support and try to get a new one
Baitty (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

I got everything solved after a few hours of messing around eventually replaced the sd card and reinstalled the operating system and everything is running smoothly to this day.

sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:32:14 PM

I got everything solved after a few hours of messing around eventually replaced the sd card and reinstalled the operating system and everything is running smoothly to this day.

I guess best place to post this would be a rasp-pie forum. You would hardly get help on a bitcoin forum.
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:49:55 PM

I had a corrupted sd card sent to me by them too I contacted them and they replaced it right away maybe you should contact them and do the same if you used one of your own sd cards.

rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

This may be kind of off-topic, but what are you using the raspberry pi for? I wanted to use it as an HTPC, but I don't know if it can handle it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: