Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:26:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect from keyloggers?  (Read 2640 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 05:29:02 AM

There isn't much that you can do once you are infected (there are rare options such as lastpass). The main thing is that you need to try protecting your devices so that they do not get infected by any malware/logger or anything harmful.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:13:48 AM

There isn't much that you can do once you are infected (there are rare options such as lastpass). The main thing is that you need to try protecting your devices so that they do not get infected by any malware/logger or anything harmful.

how does lastpass help?
Rich Tsunami

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:14:46 AM

I've been using LastPass for the past year and had no problems and it saves a whole lot of time and brain usage.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:19:19 AM

I've been using LastPass for the past year and had no problems and it saves a whole lot of time and brain usage.

another alt account/sockpuppet
Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:25:10 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 06:46:15 AM by Raya

I have a question related to virus/key loggers and other 'dirty' software.

If I want to install Linux and I download it off the Ubuntu website...what if my windows computer is already infected? Will it affect the download of ubuntu? I'll be redownloading ubuntu soon & then burning it to a cd just wondering if I will be safe I plan on reinstall the bitcoin client as I've had trouble lately.

Dumb question  Roll Eyes

Sorry.

liteboozer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:50:16 AM

Can you install lastpass on Linux? (ubuntu)

Works fine for me.

Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:41:06 AM

I'd recommend downloading a linux live cd / usb and boot from that exclusively when you want to transact with your coins. As long as the distro is safe you should also be fine. I'd avoid using a windows machine as it's just far too easy to get a virus these days even with a decent antivirus installed.

AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:50:43 AM

I've seen some scranbler software before but Im sure that it doesnt work because people who create the keyloggers and RAT's are very clever and ca easily decompile the scrambler and find out the algorithm being used to scramble data, and hence, scramblers wont work. I've seen someone say malware bytes works, yes it definitely works, I recommend you to use it. Also, try using Sandboxie while running unknown files though theres a method for anti-sandboxie.

Hendrick0909

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:17:47 PM

just keep your system's anti virus fully up to dated.. and avoid downloading stuff from unknown sources
gangz

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:43:50 PM

On screen keyboard stops key loggers from tracking your key strokes from what I know. You defiantly shouldn't try to do anything other than remove the virus if you believe you're infected though.
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:52:22 PM

i always thought keyloggers use devices where its impossible to tell.

some forms being remote location.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

On screen keyboard stops key loggers from tracking your key strokes from what I know. You defiantly shouldn't try to do anything other than remove the virus if you believe you're infected though.

On screen keyboard prevents nothing, well that's not 100% correct, it does prevent some keyloggers, but only the minority. For example, one that it's not immune against is a key logger which takes screenshots, which is common with most key loggers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:38:21 PM

how does lastpass help?
Well that is simple.
Step 1: Open Google
Step 2: Search for Lastpass
Step 3: View https://lastpass.com/

They've pretty much explained it. Your passwords are pretty much kept in the cloud only, this way you don't have to type them in and a keylogger can't do anything really. Now obviously storing everything in the cloud isn't secure, nor is anything for that sake 100%. Lastpass was even hacked a few years ago but they imminently notified anyone and forced a master password change if your stuff got accessed from another computer.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 09:08:26 PM by Welsh

I prefer keepass over lastpass, although I only use them for low level accounts.

EDIT: I prefer to have keepass because it can be stored locally and isn't tied to the servers being up for it to function correctly.
LeoN147

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:38:34 PM

You want to know how to protect yourself from keyloggers ?
Give a crap about firewall's warnings and google chorme's warnings about bad downloads and you should be fine and a simple anti-virus/malware should work.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:48:47 PM

screen recorder
semidead

Activity: 94

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:43:17 AM

I've read about key scramblers do they really work? Any other software you guys can suggest...I already use malwarebytes as I heard great things.

Use a service like LastPass.  Then you can "click" your password with a mouse instead of typing it in on a keyboard.
wicked
i use a plugin in my browser, is this safe?

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:02:41 AM

I've read about key scramblers do they really work? Any other software you guys can suggest...I already use malwarebytes as I heard great things.

Use a service like LastPass.  Then you can "click" your password with a mouse instead of typing it in on a keyboard.
wicked
i use a plugin in my browser, is this safe?
not if your computer is infected.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:09:09 AM

Dont use keyboard.. if your infected, you should just use a tablet, askin questions like this is tantamount to knowing the answer.. dont type.. Wink

If your 'infected', refrmat, since there are no secret's, and it's all, 'in the cloud'.. you'd surely have no problems retrievin your back up? haha..

Check running ports, use process view to see what's happening, cport's to see open ports when you click send, and pray it's not an ads stream, cause then your justified in thinking people can access what?

Keylogger's mean nothing when the gov record's anything, kinda shows ya the truth thatb there is no..

condom's Wink
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:16:24 AM

Does anyone have experience with Trusteer Rapport?  Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: