Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 05:23:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am considering starting a new coin, looking for people who want to help  (Read 837 times)
shrekster (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:43:40 AM

I am considering starting a new coin and I am looking for people that want to help or are interested. It seems like no coins lately are really doing anything so I understand that you probably feel like there is no point. Mining seems to be like a thing of the past and IPO are curently the latest thing (even though most are scams). I was thinking about ditching mining with this coin, doing an IPO and use those funds raised to create a permanent buy wall on an exchange. This way people dont lose money if the coin completely tanks for some reason. It will always give  people a way out in the beginning. On top of creating a block so you dont loose money, us as the devs wouldn't touch the IPO funds or if we did it would only be an agreed upon small amount of the overall amount. Developing a coin isnt free, but I think many of these coins are a bit overkill when they require many thousands of dollars to be funded. I also think that this coin should basically be working with all the basic features a coin should have BEFORE it is released. All of theses coins that slowly release crappy features after the launch just dont sit well with me. Yes Its cool to come up with new stuff down the road, but why launch if you dont even have working wallets yet even? So if you are interested just  let me know and we can talk about it more.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:02:00 AM

How about setting a buywall from your own cash ?
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

us as the devs wouldn't touch the IPO funds or if we did it would only be an agreed upon small amount of the overall amount

You think, in the current situation with that many IPO scams, you'll get that much trust from investors/buyers?

I also think that this coin should basically be working with all the basic features a coin should have BEFORE it is released. All of theses coins that slowly release crappy features after the launch just dont sit well with me.

I always had the same opinion on this point. Currently it doesn't seem to be necessary doing it this way, just have a roadmap and tell you need the IPO founds for that goals to achieve.

I have recently learned that people invest their money if you launch a new coin, use the name of an existing coin, add Dark to it, make an overpriced IPO, promise that "many cool things will follow" but you can't talk about it, promise you'll launch services to make money and get some people to hype your coin.
If the price is above the IPO prices 2 days later, they will say it's the greatest coin ever...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: