Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to identify a bitcointard  (Read 3998 times)
Arbitrageur (OP)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:19:01 AM

Here's a quick profile of a bitcointard (aka mentally retarded bitcoiner fanatic) and how to easily identify him:

1) he only mentions bitcoin in particular, never uses the term digital or crypto currencies in general.
2) he is 100% sure that only bitcoin will succeed whilst the rest is doomed to zero, so that bitcoin will have over 99.9% of crypto currencies market cap.
3) he hates all alternative crypto currencies, in particular Litecoin. some bitcointard, who never caught one Litecoin train, might happen to like dogecoin or some other crap token with some features easily replicable by the same bitcoin protocol.
4) he hates gold and metals more than inflated bonds and equities. He wish gold could go to zero so bitcoin will take its place as store of value and safe haven currency.
5) He talks shit about alternative protocols such PoS saying they can be easily attacked, but he never tried to attack them or even know where to start.

Feel free to continue the list.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 09:21:02 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 09:35:18 AM by LeChatNoir

6) he thinks the more bitcoin he trades for useless stuff, the higher the price of bitcoin will be.
7) he believes in the labor theory of value, he says that's why bitcoin is valuable and all POS coins should be worthless.

Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:29:34 AM

AKA Coindesk
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

Their all very angry little people. Though i can't really blame them. It's not their fault they suffer from post traumatic stress from all the FUD Bitcoin days. Also the 'fact' that they have little penis's doesn't help their cause
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 10:37:36 AM

Comes up with terms like bitcointard.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:59:11 AM

8. thinks that 'backed by electricity' actually means that because electricity was spent to mine Bitcoin, that gives it guaranteed value. Never bothers to look up definition of 'backed by', which actually means that you can redeem currency for the exact guaranteed amount of the underlying asset, and of course Bitcoin doesn't fit the definition.
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:31:42 AM

Vouch for this +1  Grin
RICHBOSS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:54:51 AM

AKA Coindesk

Whaat? why? Coindesk has been the best source of bitcoin news from the start?
tooil

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

I think most if not all of the bitcoin earlier adopter already cash out. People who fall into the bitcointard category are mostly late comers trying to become rich without contributing much.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:57:42 PM

9. He sees a bitcointard everytime he looks in a mirror

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:58:55 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 03:40:16 PM by Beliathon

Now class, today I'm going to demonstrate how to use logic and public debate to discern who the real retards in this thread are.

1) he only mentions bitcoin in particular, never uses the term digital or crypto currencies in general.
How many internet protocols are out there competing with HTTP on a similar scale? The fact of the matter is that no altcoin to date has added ANYTHING meaningful or necessary over bitcoin. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter. Bitcoin is organic, it would adapt and swallow those changes if they were truly a make/break situation for the currency.

2) he is 100% sure that only bitcoin will succeed whilst the rest is doomed to zero, so that bitcoin will have over 99.9% of crypto currencies market cap.
99.9%? Bitcoin will have 99.99% or more of crypto market cap within 10 years.  

3) he hates all alternative crypto currencies, in particular Litecoin. some bitcointard, who never caught one Litecoin train, might happen to like dogecoin or some other crap token with some features easily replicable by the same bitcoin protocol.
Let's start with the name "Litecoin", this is a blatant attack on bitcoin, as the implication is that bitcoin is "heavy", AKA "not green", AKA "bad for the environment". It's a clever political assault used to make the creator of this knockoff currency very, very wealthy.

Reality: Bitcoin's energy use is completely negligible in the context of global industrial civilization. Miniscule, even. What does Litecoin add, from a technical perspective, to the protocol? Oh right, NOTHING. Litecoin (and Doge) are about as important and relevant as IPoAC.

Harsh reality: Advent of cryptocurrency makes no difference one way or the other, this planet is fucked. With regards to climate change, we're on a speeding train heading off a cliff, and we're too busy counting our money to notice.

4) he hates gold and metals more than inflated bonds and equities. He wish gold could go to zero so bitcoin will take its place as store of value and safe haven currency.
I don't hate gold or metals any more than I hate the horse and buggy. I just tend to recognize when something is about to become obsolete (as a store of value, in this case), because I possess exceptionally strong pattern recognition ability.

5) He talks shit about alternative protocols such PoS
There are no alternative protocols. Their very existence is an extremely temporary illusion, visible only from the myopia of the present moment. Historically speaking they will be invisible and largely forgotten, just like any of the myriad alternatives to HTTP were.

Feel free to learn before you speak next time.

QFT, and only valid indicator in the thread.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

Now class, today I'm going to demonstrate how to use logic and public debate to discern who the real retards in this thread are.

How many internet protocols are out there competing with HTTP on a similar scale? The fact of the matter is that no altcoin to date has added ANYTHING meaningful or necessary over bitcoin. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter. Bitcoin is organic, it would adapt and swallow those changes if they were truly a make/break situation for the currency.

99.9%? ]Bitcoin will have 99.99% or more of crypto market cap within 10 years[/b].  

Let's start with the name "Litecoin", this is a blatant attack on bitcoin, as the implication is that bitcoin is "heavy", AKA "not green", AKA "bad for the environment". It's a clever political assault used to make the creator of this knockoff currency very, very wealthy.

Reality: Bitcoin's energy use is completely negligible in the context of global industrial civilization. Miniscule, even. What does Litecoin add, from a technical perspective, to the protocol? Oh right, NOTHING. Litecoin (and Doge) are about as important and relevant as IPoAC.

Harsh reality: Advent of cryptocurrency makes no difference one way or the other, this planet is fucked. With regards to climate change we're on a speeding train heading off a cliff, and we're too busy counting our money to notice.

I don't hate gold or metals any more than I have the horse and buggy. I just tend to recognize when something is about to become obsolete (as a store of value, in this case), because I possess exceptionally strong pattern recognition ability.

5) He talks shit about alternative protocols such PoS
There are no alternative protocols. Their very existence is an extremely temporary illusion, visible only from the myopia of the present moment. Historically speaking they will be invisible and largely forgotten, just like any of the myriad alternatives to HTTP were.

Feel free to learn before you speak next time.

QFT, and only valid indicator in the thread.

and this ladies and gentle men is a real, live bitcointard.

ps. i actually agree about litecoin not adding anything.. its when people say 2.0 platforms dont add anything that they become full fledged bitcointards.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
FusionOfBitcoin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

10, A bitcointard makes a lit about bitcointards to make him feel better because hes insecure.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

Haha, this thread is golden. 

A+ will read again.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:42:55 PM

Here's a quick profile of a bitcointard (aka mentally retarded bitcoiner fanatic) and how to easily identify him:

2) he is 100% sure that only bitcoin will succeed whilst..

Here's how you identify a Eurotard:  They use the word "Whilst".
To respond to your post:  It was the same sentence over and over: "Anyone who doesn't embrace alt coins".

Fail.

PS:  I made $150,000 off a $9,000 purchase of Litecoins when it hit $45+
Even bought a range rover with half of it.
Also made $12,000 off of Dogecoin because I purchased and mined on Day 1.
I still cashed all my alt coins in for Bitcoin.  Because im not a tard.  
I realized that none of the alt coins have any real world commerce or infrastructure, whatsoever.
As long as this is true, they will go nowhere, and are a total waste of time.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

2) he is 100% sure that only bitcoin will succeed whilst..

I fucking hate the word "whilst". Didn't read past that point.

-B-

whilst you posted that i was reading another post whilst eating breakfast that whilst it was corny and milky it had a sugary texture that allowed me to keep it down whilst reading the post i mentioned whilst writing this post.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Arbitrageur (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

11) (mostly a corollary of n. 3): a bitcointard is always 100% invested in bitcoin only.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:51:40 PM

12) a bitcointard loves to make meaningless comparison with the HTTP protocol success like:
"How many internet protocols are out there competing with HTTP on a similar scale"

Arbitrageur (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:56:03 PM

13) A bitcointard despises digital competition just as banksters despise competition coming from any sort of private money.
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

12) a bitcointard loves to make meaningless comparison with the HTTP protocol success like:
"How many internet protocols are out there competing with HTTP on a similar scale"

"Also, FTP e-mail gateways allowed people that lived outside the US and Europe to download files using ftp commands written inside email messages. The file was encoded, broken in pieces and sent by email; the receiver had to reassemble and decode it later(convert bitcoin to mastercoin/counterparty/sidechain-coin to perform a specific function), and it was the only way for people living overseas to download items such as the earlier Linux versions using the slow dial-up connections available at the time(bitcoin itself is too slow and clunky and in no ways dynamic enough to build these function into bitcoin protocol itself). After the popularization of the Web and the HTTP protocol such tools were slowly abandoned(2.0 coins making old tech(bitcoin) obsolete)."

they also fail to mention that other technology that did pretty much the same thing in a much less elegant fashion was a predecessor  to http. and only once http came about did the technology really start to take hold.

sort of reminds me of the 2.0 coins with all 2.0 functions built in rather than banjaxing a load of clunky tech onto old tech. in the quote above i think bitcoin fits ftp email gateways and 2.0 platforms http pretty well in the way that http doing everything that ftg gateways in a much more seamless way made ftp email gateways defunct and out dated.

14) taking facts out of context to fit their own arguments and ignoring other important facts because they go against their own argument.

ps. this is the best thread iv seen in months!

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀