Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCK CHAIN WALLET-VANISHING BITCOINS!! WTF!!!  (Read 2315 times)
dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:38:00 PM

I was playing Satoshi Dice last night out of my Block Chain Wallet. I went to sleep with 4.25 or so btc in there. Now when I just logged in I only have 1.98 BTC!!!

I just looked at my transactions and nothing adds up. My coins have vanished!!

And When I had problems before with the site I emailed the contact person listed on the site and got no response, but I did get a response here.

Any suggestions?? Please help. It took so long to get those coins and its all I have. Not to mention the good guys from Armory helped extract my coins from an old wallet for a bounty and this balance was mostly that. This took almost a year to build up.

Thank you to every one in advance

-D M Stewart

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:50:42 PM

The problem is with SatoshiDice and not with the BlockChain.info wallet.
Change your thread title to reflect the real culprit.
And do a search on the forum for others with the same problem you have.
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:32:27 PM

But I didnt send any amount or amounts even close enough to Satoshi Dice to even bring my balance that low. My bets were all as low as .05btc and no higher than .75 btc. And I have been paid on all the bets. I made sure to wait for the last bet to be paid (whether a winner or the really small return as the losing bet) before I logged off and went to bed. I had no outstanding bets and my balance should have only increased over night as I was expecting .002 btc from Bitcrate and .005 btc from Daily Bitcoins

I will search the forum to see what kinds of problems people are having regarding Satoshi Dice but like I said none of my transactions were outstanding (and I wasnt waiting on a bet) when I logged off and had over 4 btc.

dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:46:54 PM

But I didnt send any amount or amounts even close enough to Satoshi Dice to even bring my balance that low. My bets were all as low as .05btc and no higher than .75 btc. And I have been paid on all the bets. I made sure to wait for the last bet to be paid (whether a winner or the really small return as the losing bet) before I logged off and went to bed. I had no outstanding bets and my balance should have only increased over night as I was expecting .002 btc from Bitcrate and .005 btc from Daily Bitcoins

I will search the forum to see what kinds of problems people are having regarding Satoshi Dice but like I said none of my transactions were outstanding (and I wasnt waiting on a bet) when I logged off and had over 4 btc.

Block chain robbed you. That's the price you pay dealing with Bitcoins. Suck it up. You got fucked.

^^ Seriously? How did they pull that off? I cant imagine it would be worth it for them to steal two bitcoins and risk having their reputation in question

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 11:44:02 PM

Block chain robbed you. That's the price you pay dealing with Bitcoins. Suck it up. You got fucked.

^^ Seriously? How did they pull that off? I cant imagine it would be worth it for them to steal two bitcoins and risk having their reputation in question

There's nothing you can do about it so best to not cry and suck it up, like I said before.

Ignore this tard.  Look at his post history to understand why this is the best solution.
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:06:16 AM

Thanks. Actually I dont even need to look at his post history. Got a feeling from hi first response that he was tarded, and then with your response (Im assuming youve had a run-in with him before) I can safely assume he is a total loser.

And for everyone else, as well as for the record, I'm not "crying" about the bitcoins. Im aggravated and curious to know what the heck happened. I love using Bitcoins but I have had non-stop problems now for a year

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:17:54 AM

How much more time will you need to change the thread title?

Faisal7 may be a moron, but you're also one if you continue to blame someone who has nothing to do with it...

You're a gambler, blame the gambling service, not the bank who sent the money there
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:00:43 AM

Hey Faisal,

I told you earlier what had happened. I did not have anywhere near the missing 2 bitcoins sent to Satoshi Dice. Nor did I have any outstanding bets/rolls open.

My transactions were, like I said before, do not even add up to even be close to the amount missing. So it is not like Satoshi Dice did not pay out on a bet. All the bets were closed and finished for quite some time. I was doing other things online for about another hour. Before logging off for the night I made sure that there were none open. All bets had been paid.

If you are not familiar with Satoshi Dice, even the losing bets send you back a payment as a confirmation that the bet was played. I checked and the last bet was played and paid back to me. None other ones were open. But lets just say that all of the bets I played last night were in fact open (even though they werent) The grand total of all of them still do not equal the amount of BTC I am now missing.

Sooooooo

I log off with 4.24 BTC last night

I check today and I have 1.99 BTC

I did not make a payment to anyone or to any service

All bets were closed/played (for nearly an hour)

So either Satoshi Dice was able access my wallet and pay themselves 2 plus BTC or,

Block Chain wallet service had some sort of glitch. I am going with the latter for now and I'll tell you why.

Recently I had trouble with Block Chain wallet. I would send payments and the entire process would be completed as normal but the balance did not reflect the transaction. Then I would check "my transactions" and the transaction wouldnt appear. This glitch was active for nearly two weeks. I checked for errors, there were none.

**Bad Payouts with Satoshi Dice

I have seen bullshit payouts on bets and I think that is what you (Faisal) are referring to when you say that Satoshis Dice has ripped people off. For example I just played a bet for .54 BTC to the address that has a winning payout of x 1.343. (and a 75% chance of winning) However, they sent me a payment back from the address with the 97% chance of winning and a lower payout! So instead of getting back the winnings which wouldve been .725 BTC they sent me back .34 BTC, essentially stealing .20 BTC!! Thats the ripoff you are talking about. I just started to notice this happening the other night with Satoshi Dice and its pure bullshit.

Here are the transactions for verification. Keep in mind I sent no other bets to Satoshi Dice in this time frame. I sent this one while I was typing this response to see if I could trigger the ripoff scheme.

Sent bet of .54 btc to address with winning payout of X1.343

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/7530375/a3dd3d10cc58db4a359f060c85616dcae7c60a9c342f7964e98c42d47a940392

Received payment from address with lower payout and less of original bet/roll of dice

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/7530420/b180de6e9ab127de259d1ffa593ecfc955fce235f973c97ca4484854d4361272

LAME!!

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:05:54 AM

Sounds like a problem with unconfirmed transactions. I once sent a transaction without a fee, which was composed of many small inputs (all < .01). It was originally deducted from my blockchain balance. When it didn't confirm in a period of time (half hour? don't know.), the sent coins seemed to be added back to my balance. Then, it finally confirmed and they were gone from my balance again.

using Satoshidice is at great risk for this because it accepts 0-conf transactions, and it pays you with those same coins.

TLDR; pay the fee and wait for confirmations
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:30:37 AM

@nimda Thanks for the advice. I actually practice exactly what you preach Smiley I always pay the fee. It is so small and I figure it is better to pay and not have to worry about a big headache later should something go wrong

dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:44:43 AM

SIDE NOTE: After making this post I have slowly but surely have been receiving my balance back in multiple transactions. Interesting. Not complaining. And I am getting more grateful with each transaction. I am only 1 BTC away from the correct balance  Grin

Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:23:38 AM

SIDE NOTE: After making this post I have slowly but surely have been receiving my balance back in multiple transactions. Interesting. Not complaining. And I am getting more grateful with each transaction. I am only 1 BTC away from the correct balance  Grin

Yep. SatoshiDice has been backlogged. You'll get the results of your bets back.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:39:11 AM

Be sure to backup your keys on the blockchain wallet frequently, as well as to keep a Set of these keys for each backup you do.
My friend lost 11 BTC because of a corrupted key because of some disconnect whilst sending a payment half-way through a 7 part sign.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 08:31:27 AM

And why don't you change the fucking thread title like I told you to?
Bad mouth the wrong person much?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: