Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi's real name revealed  (Read 4442 times)
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 05:14:25 PM

I for one didn't read this thread, and choose not to follow along with any of these Satoshi hunts or doxxes. I don't know who or what Satoshi is/was, and I am fine with that. All that matters is the work this noble entity produced and published for the world to have and use. Bitcoin was created anonymously for a reason, and I personally am fine with leaving it at that.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobertDJ

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:23:45 PM

This is just a scam to get people to watch the OP's youtube video so he can get ad revenue.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

nick szabo is not satoshi. it has been investigated and accused atleast a dozen times. the only evidence people find is that parts of bitcoin is made using nicks theoris. but if you actually look at conversation history you will see that satoshi mentions nicks theory aswell as hal finneys theory and a few other peoples theory.

Your statement is not necessarily correct, but you are correct about not enough proof to say it is 100% Szabo. A lot of history and education about Bitcoin can be learned by asking questions and researching where it came from. A person should be able to ask questions and research all things involving ones own life with being cencered. We should not discourage people from free thinking and using their minds to access history and make educated decisions for themselves.

2007 Szabo applies BitGold and his "Scarce Object" theory to Zookos p2p hard drive project.
"One possible answer to central mint vulnerability is bit gold -- a currency the value of which does not depend on any particular trusted third party. Another alternative is (an object barter economy"Scarce Objects")."
http://web.archive.org/web/20070625154046/http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/20070618142414/http://szabo.best.vwh.net/scarce.html

Scarce Objects =  finite supply of coins(Like Bitcoin)

This is a lot more than 10%......

On the subject of conversations:

Hal had told Satoshi about Szabo and BitGold and even though Satoshi answered everything else in that email he ignored the Szabo/BitGold subject completely like Hal never stated it.
Hal:
https://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09975.html
Satoshi:
https://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09980.html

If Szabo=Satoshi, we have to be careful about taking anything in Satoshi sources at face value. However, I am still fairly
optimistic: Szabo's history indicates someone who practice information denial, but not disinformation. I haven't been able to find any instances where he actively lies or deceives on a major scale.

*Szabo’s post for assistance:
“Bitgold would greatly benefit from a demonstration, an experimental market (with e.g. a trusted third party substituted for the complex security that would be needed for a real system). Anybody want to help me code one up?”
https://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09975.html

*Ray Dillenger (Bear) quote: “Look, (Satoshi) was a construction made explicitly for the purpose of launching Bitcoin……That purpose is fulfilled.  The person who created (Satoshi) has no further need for him.  Thus ends the story”.

The reason Bitcoin had to be released anonymous:

Tim May: “Anyone contemplating building such a system, or entity, or cybercorporation, should think long and hard about the wisdom of ever having an identifiable nexus of attack. Money must be collected in untraceable ways. This is what I meant about it being time to rethink the theory of the corporation.”
"Where once a corporation existed to both protect the rights of shareholders (against lawsuits and partners having to pay for losses) and to enable the group participation of many workers, corporations for the things Cypherpunks think are interesting is just a bad idea. And given the growing trend toward trying to prosecute the V.P of Yahoo-Europe because some bit of Nazi history was sold to some German citizen, etc., corporations are becoming a liability in cyberspace”.
"The answer is to vanish into cyberspace. Not an easy task, maybe, given the state of today’s tools, but the long term trend".

The first credit to Bitcoin in the white paper was a citation for Wei Dai’s “bmoney”.
The first paragraph of “bmoney”: (read carefully)

“I am fascinated by Tim May’s crypto-anarchy. Unlike the communities traditionally associated with the word “anarchy”, in a crypto-anarchy the government is not temporarily destroyed but permanently forbidden and permanently unnecessary. It’s a community where the threat of violence is impotent because violence is impossible, and violence is impossible because its participants cannot be linked to their true names or physical locations”.

And yes he did use other people's ideas and theory:

Szabo, and apparently Satoshi, had figured out that Hal Finneys “RPOW” could be used to solve the Byzantine General’s Problem, a problem in ordinary computing that demonstrates through “game theory” how a group of potential co-operators can come to the best consensus even with the possibility of having malicious operators among them. This was the final piece to the BitGold/Bitcoin puzzle.
http://cryptome.org/rpow.htm

* Ray Dillenger (Bear) quote: “Finney, Satoshi, and I discussed how divisible a Bitcoin ought to be.  Satoshi had already more or less decided on a 50-coin per block payout with halving every so often to add up to a 21M coin supply.  Finney made the point that people should never need any currency division smaller than a US penny, and then somebody (I forget who) consulted some oracle somewhere like maybe Wikipedia and figured out what the entire world’s M1 money supply at that time was”.
"We debated for a while about which measure of money Bitcoin most closely approximated; but M2, M3, and so on are all for debt-based currencies, so I agreed with Finney that M1 was probably the best measure".

Szabo “came up” with the technology that will become ethereum including smart contracts which was solely contingent on Satoshi’s work that Szabo never knew would be produced?

Smart contracts come about because Bitcoin is the beginning of the completion of a “Kula Ring”, a unifying solution that bridges among other things, game theory, encryption, economics, finance, programming, and law… there are not multiple random people capable of this…..

This still is not enough evidence. It never will be. It was designed that was a long time ago.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2joa25/the_synergy_of_bitcoin_and_ethereum/

OliverCR

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:08:06 PM

Why we must know who is really Satoshi? The mystery make all!
If he wanted us to know, he would reveal his identity for sure! Tongue
Mak J

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:04:41 PM

This is just a scam to get people to watch the OP's youtube video so he can get ad revenue.
I think you're right Tongue Someone is trying to make a cheap sensation Wink

I don't think that we will ever know real name of Satoshi Nakamoto Tongue
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:41:20 PM

i don't like that idea of a pseudonymous developper behind something as ambitious as bitcoin, that's shady for non-tech people and not good for mainstream adoption and common perception of crypto currencies in general.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:49:17 AM

these kind of posts come by so often that there should be a subforum for "who is satoshi nakamoto?"
beetcoin

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:58:12 AM

these kind of posts come by so often that there should be a subforum for "who is satoshi nakamoto?"

I think most moderators and some legendary members would prefer we not constantly try to dox the man in his own forum. He doesn't want to be doxxed. Dig it?

that would not be the purpose of the subforum. it would be to get all of these "i know who satoshi" junk posts into a subforum to clean up the rest of general discussion.
Delana

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:12:12 AM

Out of all the theories, the one that I liked best that'd be pretty clever is that the name is made up of these Asian corps =

Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi and Motorola Cheesy I mean how would that not be true, that's one hell of a coincidence.
btckold24

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:23:51 AM

hurry someone print up "We are all Satoshi" T-shirts - I'd wear one

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:13:10 AM

i don't like that idea of a pseudonymous developper behind something as ambitious as bitcoin, that's shady for non-tech people and not good for mainstream adoption and common perception of crypto currencies in general.

You don't know who invented the wheel, or algebra, or concrete, yet you have no problem using them.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:02:11 PM

Out of all the theories, the one that I liked best that'd be pretty clever is that the name is made up of these Asian corps =

Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi and Motorola Cheesy I mean how would that not be true, that's one hell of a coincidence.

Also may be to resemble the name of the inportant cryptographer:
Tatsuaki Okamoto

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
hopey

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:12:34 PM

You don't know who invented the wheel, or algebra, or concrete, yet you have no problem using them.

If there was a tipping option, I would tip for this comment. Now I can only say QFT
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:27:29 PM

If there was a tipping option, I would tip for this comment. Now I can only say QFT

Actually would be dope to have a tipping system embeded into the forum, like rating posts and if they are great you can tip the poster directly instead of putting your address on there and hoping for the best. Like on reddit where you can tip automatically.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:02:03 PM

These threads get funnier and funnier Cheesy

btw my cat is satoshi. And I don't even have a cat.

Not your cat. Schrödinger's cat is Satoshi, and he stopped posting because somebody opened the box.

I don't have a cat either.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:20:53 PM

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Satoshi please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Satoshi please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

'Cause I'm Satoshi, yes I'm the real Satoshi
All you other Satoshis are just imitating
So won't the real Satoshi please stand up,
Please stand up, please stand up?

Ha ha
Guess there's a Satoshi in all of us
Fuck it, let's all stand up

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031