Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like having Whales/Pump groups involved in cryptocoins?
yes they help bring BTC into the markets
maybe if the pump  into a coin and leave better than it was before they entered.
maybe if the help with development cost of they coin they entered or pump.
Nope they should just invest like normal people.
Never take your btc and GTF out!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whales/Pump groups involved in cryptocoins? Prometheus, BobSurplus,Wolong, other  (Read 2543 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RattleBalls (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:48:04 AM

There has been much ta do about whales and pump groups and the like lately and how they influence the altcoin and even BTC scene. I was discussing with friends the pros and cons of these large scale influential investor/whales/and even pump groups. I'm some case they can bring badly need funds and attention to a new coin or tech. If they enter a coin and help it and leave it in better over all condition when they finally exit I have no issue with them. If they just bast a bunch of BTC up the buy wall for a bust pump and then dump down on all the new investors coming in because of tall the excitement I do have an issue. IMO the best situation would be that they really invest in the development and marketing of they coin that they like and help it build value for the long term. I've heard people also say they are the scourge of the Earth and to never to be dealt with. So with all this I created this poll and ask for comments both for and against. It's is only self moderated for repeated spamming the same comment/view and or abusive language otherwise speak you mind.

Coingrab

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Got to get them all!

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:08:40 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 10:27:57 PM by Coingrab

I voted #2 as I do believe that is the best realistic outcome from whale type players.  

danynx

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:16:36 AM

It is a game, alt currencies exchanges are beyond what you can call high risk investments.. and if you pretend to take alts as stock markets then you have a problem Wink
Hityor_Petar

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:32:23 AM

Bringing in BTC can only be a good thing. You just have to be careful when swimming with the whales.  Wink

TrangLee

Activity: 210

Living the dream

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:11:30 AM

Whales can be both destructive and usefully. Like some people there are good one and shit ones. Voted 2

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:19:16 AM

Bringing in BTC can only be a good thing. You just have to be careful when swimming with the whales.  Wink
Don't you wonder why it is considered as a fraud on penny-stock ?
Clearly they should be out of here... they are scamming as much as the "other" scammer and completely destabilise a coin in the process...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:25:05 AM

BTCWhale was the best  Roll Eyes

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
The Minion

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:08:19 PM

I say #1 as it's pretty much the case.
KidKrypto

Activity: 140

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:31:42 PM

Whales are a fact of life. Like it or now they are here. I voted #1

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

Whales are a fact of life. Like it or now they are here. I voted #1
lol... I should do poll if you are okay with scam coin and dev running out with people btc...
you would just have to copy and paste your answer

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:04:31 PM

i aslo voted for 2, if you want to kill then just kill shit coins  Tongue
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:29:16 PM

voted 3 , i have more respect for a pumper that is willing to put some money where his mouth is before hand than alot of those people screaming scam on every premine expecting the devs to make them rich working full time but  living from cornflakes and tab water. then value their own "community work" (posting day and night on a forum ) some big as contribution to the project.
i like to engage in discussions here to but sometimes its painfull to watch. waiting for prom jokes on my sig  Wink
Coingrab

Activity: 308

Got to get them all!

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:30:13 PM

voted 3 , i have more respect for a pumper that is willing to put some money where his mouth is before hand than alot of those people screaming scam on every premine expecting the devs to make them rich working full time but  living from cornflakes and tab water. then value their own "community work" (posting day and night on a forum ) some big as contribution to the project.
i like to engage in discussions here to but sometimes its painfull to watch. waiting for prom jokes on my sig  Wink

I voted #2 as stated but I am very surprised more wouldn't choose 3. MY thought to as why not was they wouldn't want the whale/pumpers to have any dev influence over the coin.

MetaMorphius

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:04:11 PM

Cool poll I picked 1. It's the truth they do bring BTC into the markets.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:28:26 AM

Voted 2 i Have no probs with whales that Help not do pnd scams

DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:46:29 AM

Seems like some people are noticing that Bitcoin will not necessarily destroy current institutions. They might change ownership, but the larger amount of wealth will not be redistributed. Whales have been around since the first markets. The notion that should apply "good" or "bad" trading ethics seems strange to me. Trading is always about scoring the most profit at the end of the day and everybody is trading as egoistically as he pleases to. The whole point of crypto is that algorithms are able to set bounds to what people are able to do. Funny how People try to paint the world of crypto black and white. Your decision if the world we are creating will be viewed by you out of a retro-perspective as a dystopia or a utopia.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:52:17 AM

I don't really have a problem with whales, but I definitely think that they shouldn't be able to dictate the priority of development, the development requirements or the future of the coin..

The first few months of shadow I was completely oblivious to the fact that whales.. The more things progressed, the more people were offering funds to hire extra developers, managers, technical writers, journalists, etc.

The team has obviously grown, and it took me a while to realise I'm no longer able to make decisions on my own, but it seems to be moving forward. I really don't like the delayed open source thing, but I guess you need to protect investments for a bit.

The whales also tend to know allot about other whales, and obviously they've been in the game allot longer than late adopters, so they have very valuable input most of the time.

I would definitely enjoy developing allot more if there wasn't a direct monetary value, and if people didn't care about the price.

Some day people will realise that this is all epic research and experimentation, and that the monetary value is actually curbing the innovation, because they constantly asking are we there yet, and if you miss a deadline or there's a bug or a hack that the developers weren't in control of, the whales can put a massive dent in an entire communities investment.

docnebula

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

I would vote for #2.  Some whales are bad.  They just come in and then dump to shit.  But some whales are good.  They leave the coins better off after they're out and after all is said and done, the coin gets more attention, more btc; I mean what's wrong with that?
levinhostar

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:25:23 AM

how much you have to invest in one single alt to be a whale?
merkalor

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

Wolong was the best he leave a coin better than it was before he entered
Not like the recents dumper whales

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: